Chateau De Neveu
Chateau with 7 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms and private pool in Saint-Martin-des-Combes, France
Booking cost: £0.00
Pay onlybooking deposit
From £4,268 per week
Chateau to rent in Saint-Martin-des-Combes, France
Chateau overview - owner's description
In the very heart of 'Purple Perigord', near Bergerac, sits the Chateau de Neveu, entirely dedicated to food, wine and the pleasure of the five senses.
In the very heart of 'Purple Perigord', near Bergerac, sits the Chateau de Neveu, entirely dedicated to food, wine and the pleasure of the five senses!
Built in the early XVIIIth century, surrounded by decorative moats, the chateau is nestled in the midst of a 30 hectare estate of woods and meadow - a true haven of peace and serenity, far from any noise pollution, yet with all modern comfort and amenities that you would expect from a luxury chateau rental.
The Chateau de Neveu was restored in 2006 and features stunning interior decoration with period furniture, historical impressive fireplaces in almost every room, spiral staircases, antique parquets and high ceilings with large chestnut beams.
Daily maid service and pool towels are included in the rental price. To top it all, extra services such as catering, breakfast, baby-sitting, wine tasting and pre-stocked fridge could all be arranged on request. Please enquire for details.
Good news! This property is available as a Vill'otelYey! Wait… what is that?
It's the perfect combo of the privacy of your own personal villa, with all the luxury and convenience of a hotel. What's included?
Breakfast, cleaning, welcome drinks and hamper, plus more! Check the Extras tab for all the details.
- Large and fully equipped kitchen, the ideal place to make use of your cooking talents with fresh products found in local markets or in the kitchen garden and the orchard.
- Large and elegant dining room and separate sitting room, each with huge stone fireplaces, furnished with antiques, opening outside on to the park.
- Superb large double bedroom, with huge stone carved fireplace, ensuite bathroom and independent WCs.
- Separate WCs.
- Great stone spiral staircase leading to the first floor.
- 4 bedrooms with queen size beds and antique canopies over the beds
- 1 lovely twin bedroom
- 2 large bathrooms: 'the oriental' with copper washbasins and wall mosaics, and the other decorated and equipped with antique washbasins and bath.
- 2 WCs.
In the park, facing the 10x5m private pool (fenced & alarmed), is an independent and charming studio located in a former barn, comprising one bedroom, bathroom and WC. A refreshing vine arbour close to the swimming poolwelcomes you from breakfast to dinner. Elegant garden furniture is scattered throughout the estate.
All the bedrooms look out on the park around the chateau or over the nearby valleys and woods with their deer and does. A table tennis table is available in one of the outbuildings and there is a volley ball court in the park.
Nearest towns: Bergerac (17km), Perigueux (25km) both with train stations. Bergerac airport: daily flights with RyanAir. Bordeaux airport: long and medium haul, 100km away, 1 hour by car.
For old buildings and history lovers there are many historical chateaux of the Perigord, famous & beautifully restored towns (such as Sarlat, Bergerac or Perigueux), authentic XIIIth century bastide towns and small charming villages in the immediate surroundings of the chateau, all with excellent restaurants.
Close to the chateau, there is wine tasting in the Bergerac and Pecharmant vineyards as well as the nearby prestigious Bordeaux & Saint Emilion vineyards 40 mins from the chateau.
Local activities include: numerous private hiking and cycling bucolic trails around the chateau; public tennis courts (3km); a 27 and a 19 hole golf course in nearby Bergerac; and fishing and canoeing on the Dordogne and Vezere rivers.
This chateau does not have any reviews but the agent has 2 reviews for their other properties.
This chateau is:
Outside this chateau in Saint-Martin-des-Combes, FranceThis chateau has a pool and a children pool.
Prices and availability
Updated 21 January 2018
Select your travel dates on the calendar
Changeover days and minimum stays
- 21 January - 29 June 2018: changeover days are Friday and Saturday and the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 30 June - 31 August 2018: changeover day is Saturday and the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 1 September 2018 - 28 June 2019: changeover days are Friday and Saturday and the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 29 June - 30 August 2019: changeover day is Saturday and the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 31 August 2019 - 31 August 2024: changeover days are Friday and Saturday and the minimum stay is 3 nights.
Refundable Breakage Deposit
£1,000.00 per booking, paid locally
7 bedrooms, Sleeps 14
DVD/Blu-ray player, Internet / WiFi, TV, Satellite / cable
Open fire, Car hire optional
Hen or stag groups