Villa with 4 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms and private pool in Saint-Front, France
Booking cost: £0.00
Pay onlybooking deposit
From £1,147 per week
Villa to rent in Saint-Front, France
Maison Laroche is the ideal family holiday villa in the Vendee et Charente.
Share this holiday home
Villa overview - owner's description
Maison Laroche is the ideal family holiday villa in the Vendee et Charente, just North West of the Dordogne and tucked away in a lovely and tranquil countryside setting surrounded by a patchwork of sunflower fields and close to a gentle stream. The idyllic setting only gets better as it is also only a 15-minute drive away from one of France's recently listed 'Small Towns of Character,' Nanteuil-en-Vallee as well as the picturesque village of Verteuil-sur-Charente, dominated by the Chateau de Verteuil.
This restored farmhouse with attached barns has been a lovely and immaculate family home for several years and recently received the personal touch of its new owners who have added their own style and taste, whilst still providing guests with a real home away from home. Exposed brickwork and wooden beams create local character and warmth, whilst the modern furnishings keep the villa elegant and attractive.
Comfort and relaxation being the key, the spacious villa has en-suite shower rooms for all bedrooms, good quality, homely furniture, cozy wood-burners and special touches like mosquito nets on windows and ceiling or floor fans. Outside, the heated swimming pool in the lovely gardens is fabulous and there are outdoor games for the kids, as well as hammocks for relaxing and a barbecue for outdoor feasts.
The village of Aunac is only a 5-minute drive away and guests will find most amenities there, whilst Mansle offers good shops and services as well as an annual dance festival. There is plenty to do locally in this part of France, as well as a little further afield - exciting Futuroscope in Poitiers is less than an hour away and fabulous Bordeaux is just an hour and 45 minutes away.
Maison Laroche is a real family home in an ideal location and will provide a comfortable and memorable base for holidays in this very beautiful region.
- Traditional open-plan kitchen and dining room with original beams. Fully equipped with large gas hob and electric ovens, microwave, dishwasher, fridge-freezer, coffee machine and seating for 8. Access to covered pergola.
- Bedroom 1 with king-size bed, ceiling fan, mosquito net, en-suite shower room with toilet and washbasin
- Bedroom 2 with double bed and en-suite shower room with multi-jet shower, toilet and washbasin
- Cloakroom/Utility Room with washing machine (tumble dryer not available for guest use).
- 2 sitting rooms with wood burners, sofas and armchairs, Satellite TV with English channels, DVD player, Sky Box.
- Bedroom 3 with king-size bed, portable fan, en-suite shower room with toilet and washbasin
- Bedroom 4 with twin beds, portable fan and en-suite shower room
- Heated Pool (shape: rectangular / size: 11x5m/ depth:1-2m) with hard cover
- Poolside terrace
- Outdoor dining area
- Garden chairs, tables and sun loungers with cushions
- Grounds extend to an acre with assorted flowerbeds and specimen trees
- Secure parking for 2 vehicles
- Satellite TV with English channels
- Badminton (racquets provided)
- Giant dominoes
- Board games
- Table Tennis
Maison Laroche is bordered by a patchwork of sunflower fields and close to a gentle stream where you can enjoy all that the beautiful French countryside has to offer.
It is located a few minutes drive from the town of Mansle. Here you can find a large supermarket which sells literally everything, from vintage cheeses and wine to hoover bags. There is also kayaking, camping, and fishing as well as several places to eat.
The area is surrounded by beautiful and historic places to visit with Verteuil-sur-Charente, one of France's prettiest villages just a 15 minute drive away.
The strategic central location also means that you can reach the beach, the airport and wonderful cities such as Bordeaux in just over an hour.
The city of Angouleme is approximately 30 minutes away and has many historic sights as well as extensive shopping facilities and the usual fast food eateries and restaurants.
Moreover, the famous Cognac region is half an hour's drive away whereas the Spanish border can be reached in about 4 hours.
This villa does not have any reviews but the agent has 5 reviews for their other properties.
This villa is:
Outside this villa in Saint-Front, FranceThis villa has a pool.
Prices and availability
Updated 14 September 2018
- Your booking
- Available start/end date
Select your travel dates on the calendar
Changeover days and minimum stays
- 23 September 2018 - 14 September 2021: changeover day is Saturday and the minimum stay is 7 nights.
Refundable Breakage Deposit
£1,000.00 per booking, paid locally
4 bedrooms, Sleeps 8
DVD/Blu-ray player, Internet / WiFi, TV, Satellite / cable
Central heating, Open fire