Chateau with 4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms and shared pool in Saint-Avit, France
From £1,225 per week
Chateau to rent in Saint-Avit, France
Your family may fall in love with the horses on the property of this chateau in Charente, which is replete with the warmth of the countryside.
Share this holiday home
Chateau overview - owner's description
Your family may fall in love with the horses on the property of this chateau in Charente, which is replete with the warmth of the countryside. You'll stay in one wing of an updated 17th century castle, where you'll luxuriate in king-size beds, the wood-burning fireplace in the dining room, and the pastoral views stretching out beneath the chateau.
The aquatic among you will be pleased; there is a heated swimming pool (shared with other guests), as well as a lake nearby. There's space to relax on loungers, or you can keep to yourself on your private terrace with a view. Children are both welcome and well provided-for here. The chateau is baby-proofed, and there are toys aplenty. Older kids (and adults) will love the games room, which features ping-pong, a football table, and billiards.
The nearest town is Chalais (5 km), where you'll find a lovely Monday market. Just ask, and our concierge is happy to arrange babysitting and a wine tour for the grown-ups! Wineries dot the landscape here (grapes are grown very near the chateau!), only an hour outside of Bordeaux. Head north instead, and you'll find Cognac in about an hour, a mecca for spirited folks.
- Spacious living room with a large flat screen TV and DVD player
- Free internet access and Satellite
- Kitchen which is well equipped with oven, hob, dishwasher, fridge and small freezer
- Dining table beside the fireplace (wood included)
- Bedroom 1 (ground floor) has a king-size bed and has an en-suite shower-room
- Bedroom 2 (ground floor) has a king-size bed and overlooks the lake
- Bedroom 3 again has a king-size bed and is set upstairs in the eves
- Bedroom 4 has 2 single beds 90x190 and is also upstairs in the eaves
- Bedrooms 3 and 4 share a bathroom.
- There is an additional family bathroom which has a corner bath, WC and basin.
- The maximum capacity of the Chateau is 8 guests.
- Large games room open for the guests with table tennis, baby foot and billiard in a very nicely decorated setting.
- Private terrace with stunning views
- Large wooden table for outdoor dining
- Private entrance to the house
- Ample parking in front of the house
- Large heated swimming pool (27 degrees) of drinking water quality and a professional automatic cleaning system, which makes the water very mild. The pool is shared with the owners and their guests.
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Wi-Fi internet access
- Washing machine and dryer
- Baby equipment
- Swimming pool open from April to October according to weather conditions
- Gas BBQ
- Babysitting, wine tours and horse riding tours can be arranged on request
- Owner available on site to help with any enquiries
- E-car charger
Chateau Bella is close to the vineyards, between Cognac and St Emilion and not far from the famous village of Aubeterre with its wide variety of products and crafts.
Situated on the borders of the Charente and Dordogne, this Chateau is an ideal spot to explore the beautiful countryside that this part of France has to offer.
The town of Chalais is nearby with its weekly market on Monday mornings and there are an abundance of local restaurants to suit all budgets and tastes.
For wine lovers, St Emilion is approximately a 30 minute drive away. For those who prefer spirits, Cognac is approximately an hours drive away.
For the more sporty, there are plenty of activities, with tennis courts, fishing, canoeing, river-side beaches, play parks and a recently opened karting track all close to the Chateau.
Bergerac and Bordeaux Airports are both approximately an hour drive from the Chateau.
Slightly further away but still accessible are Limoges and Poitiers Airports.
For those arriving by train, the Chateau is located just over 35 minutes south of Angouleme which has a fast TGV connection.
For those driving, the N10 motorway exit at Barbezieux is approximately 30 km from the Chateau.
This chateau does not have any reviews but the agent has 13 reviews for their other properties.
This chateau is:
Outside this chateau in Saint-Avit, FranceThis chateau is near the waterfront. It has a shared pool, a barbecue and a children pool.
Prices and availability
Updated 26 February 2020
- Your booking
- Available start/end date
Select your travel dates on the calendar
Changeover days and minimum stays
- 28 March 2020 - 26 August 2021: the minimum stay is 7 nights.
Refundable Breakage Deposit
£892.13 per booking, paid locally
4 bedrooms, Sleeps 8
DVD/Blu-ray player, Satellite / cable
Air conditioning, Central heating, Open fire
Hen or stag groups, Restricted mobility , Pets
Agency From London, United Kingdom Member since Apr 2015
Past bookings: 39 bookings
Response rate: 92%
Response time: within 22 hours
Last seen: a day ago
Number of properties: over 1,000