Astier Petit Chateau
Chateau with 9 bedrooms, 5 bathrooms and swimming pool in Saint-Astier Nord, France
Booking cost: £0.00
Pay onlybooking deposit
From £4,634 per week
Chateau to rent in Saint-Astier Nord, France
Chateau overview - owner's description
Set in the heart of a beautiful market town, yet entirely contained within private and quiet walled gardens, this petit chateau offers something for all ages, including a large, 14 metre pool.
Set in the heart of a beautiful market town, yet entirely contained within private and quiet walled gardens, this petit chateau offers something for all ages, including a large, 14 metre pool. The main house and neighbouring cottage are rented together for groups of up to 16.
Astier Petit Chateau is situated near a lovely market town that plays host to several events during the year, including night markets and local antiques brocants. With just a short walk from the house you can pick out your own seasonal vegetables, foie gras, local cheeses, olives, breads and much more. There are several restaurants, bars and bakeries within walking distance, as well as the tranquil River L'Isle which feeds into the Dordogne.
The property consists of the main house (petit chateau) together with a period cottage, so larger groups or families with children of different ages can have privacy, whilst also enjoying the shared gardens and living areas.
The main house comprises a large kitchen/breakfast room that opens onto the terrace and pool area; a large drawing room with classic stone fireplace ideal for winter parties; two large double rooms with en suite bathrooms; two large twin bedrooms with a modern family bathroom; and a DVD room with flat screen TV that can be converted into another double using a sofa bed if required.
The period cottage has its own fully equipped kitchen with stone fire place; a king size downstairs double room that opens on to the garden and pool area; a second upstairs double; a sunny twin bedroom; and a single bedroom that also contains a large wooden cot.
The property opens onto beautiful mature walled gardens with electric gates at both ends and parking for up to four cars. Guests are welcome to help themselves to any seasonal fruits from the trees, including cherries, apples, grapes, peaches, apricots, pears and figs. The pool area is fenced with a child secure gate. There are several dining and seating areas around the garden and swings, a trampoline, slide and Wendy house to help occupy younger age groups. All amenities and restaurants are just a walk from the garden, including a tennis court.
Astier Petit Chateau is situated in the heart of a lovely market town. Every Thursday morning, a large French market transforms the tranquil town into a colourful scene, full of delights of the local region: seasonal vegetables, foie gras, local cheeses, olives, breads and much more. The town also holds several events through the year, including night markets and local antiques brocants.
There are several restaurants, bars and bakeries within walking distance. The River L'Isle, which feeds into the Dordogne, can be found a short distance from the chateau. Facials, beauty treatments, canoeing, tennis and mini golf are also just a short walk away. Alternatively,there are many lovely walks from the house up into the surrounding hills.
Please enquire with Oliver's VIP Concierge to arrange any of the activities listed below during your stay.
- Pilates sessions
- Massage and beauty including:
- Facials – with luxurious Charme d'Orient products from Paris
- Balinais Body Massage - soft, stimulating and totally relaxing
- Le Japonaise du Pied – relieves aches and pains in the foot, which affect how the whole body functions and relaxes
- Le Lys – a royal massage with four hands
- Shaitus – Japanese bodywork which calms the nervous system, improves circulation and alleviates stress
- Babysitting – enjoy a child free meal out at one of the restaurants a short walk from the house
- Nanny Service – let someone else take on the task of afternoon high tea and bath time while you enjoy some relaxation in the garden
- Children's French lessons – ensure the kids make the most of their stay in France through immersion in the language and local culture. Young children will learn numbers, colour and foods through games, and they can even take a tour of the Thursday market with their teacher and bring back your bagette for lunch having ordered it themselves in French!
- Grocery Service – get the fridge stocked up before you even arrive on holiday
- Adult French Lessons – for teenagers studying for exams to adults wanting to brush up on their skills. All lessons are planned according to needs
- “Great Value Girls Day Out” – Colour Me Beautiful 90 minute analysis with image consultant. Includes lunch and what to wear to flatter your body shape, plus an peek into what's current in the french boutiques
- French Cooking Course – for 2 – 5 people. Custom menus and lunch included. Great fun and very personalized
- Riding lessons
- Tennis and Canoeing.
This chateau does not have any reviews but the agent has 2 reviews for their other properties.
This chateau is:
Outside this chateau in Saint-Astier Nord, FranceThis chateau has a pool and a shared pool.
Prices and availability
Updated 19 October 2017
Select your travel dates on the calendar
Changeover days and minimum stays
- 11 September 2017 - 5 January 2024: the minimum stay is 7 nights.
Refundable Breakage Deposit
£1,000.00 per booking, paid locally
9 bedrooms, Sleeps 16
DVD/Blu-ray player, Internet / WiFi, TV, Satellite / cable
Air conditioning, Central heating, Open fire, Car hire optional