Chateau De Meouilles - Gite Saint Paul
Castle with 1 bedroom, 2 bathrooms and shared pool in Saint-André-les-Alpes, the South of France
Booking cost: £0.00
Pay onlybooking deposit
From £753 per week
Castle to rent in Saint-André-les-Alpes, the South of France
Luxurious Templar Castle on eleven acres of land. Huge pool with panoramic views over the Lake of Castillon and the lavender fields of Provence.
Share this holiday home
Castle overview - owner's description
The apartment Saint Paul, offers vacation rental accommodation for a couple or family of four. Set on the ground floor of the castle, it enjoys direct access to the terrace overlooking the turquoise water of the Lac de Castillon.
Fully furnished with hand crafted rosewood furniture from all over the world and sand-stone and marble floors. It's massive walls and hand hewn furniture is a testimony to the castle's military past.
The ancient vaulted living room offers a cosy relaxation area and sofa beds for one adult and one child.
The large open planned kitchen/ diner has a Provencal style with many modern appliances and plenty of cutlery and crockery for your self-catering holiday.
The luxurious bedroom boasts a queen size bed and large ensuite bathroom with twin wash basins, bath and walk in shower.
Outside there is plenty of space in the shared garden for you to relax in the sun or the shade and enjoy the mountain views.
The large heated swimming pool will provide the children with hours of fun whilst you can sunbathe on loungers under the blue skies of Provence or take a refreshing dip in the pool yourself.
Its a delightful château holiday to remember.
This castle has 5 verified reviews.
5 out of 5 people recommend staying here
This is a fantatsic property and was perfect for our requirements. The restoration work is fantastic and the bathroom and bedrooms are superb! Combined with some beautiful local countryside and the views to the lake, it is an amazing place.
However there is some info for you to be aware of should you be considering this property
1) The housekeepers speaks no english whatsoever - not a major problem as you have little interaction with them unless something goes wrong but you will need more than basic french to understand most things - perhaps a health warning on the website might be useful.
2) The water in the chateau is not for drinking - fine for washing etc. again some pre-warning would have been useful rather than having to go back to the shops
3)St Andre, the local town is busy in July and August but don't expect too much to be happening any other time of year! Think we saw a total of 10 people across the week!
These things are minor irritations rather than major issues and didnt spoil what was a wonderful stay.
Beatiful chateau, excellent if you are looking for a quite holiday, but still enoy some luxur and comfort. The nearby village San Andre is nice, and the holiday town Castellane is great to go and have diner or so.
high quality location in a middle of an authentic village. We only had two minor inconvenients for kids : no TV and no Internet
Thoroughly relaxed after a week in an amazing location.
This castle is:
Outside this castle in Saint-André-les-Alpes, the South of FranceThis castle is in a village and in a quiet area near the waterfront and mountains. It has a shared pool, a barbecue, outside lighting and a garden. Car hire is recommended as the castle is less than a 15 minute walk to at least a couple of shops, bars and restaurants; however parking is available if required.
Prices and availability
- Your booking
- Available start/end date
Select your travel dates on the calendar
Changeover days and minimum stays
- 23 September - 30 September 2018: changeover day is Saturday and the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 1 June - 30 June 2019: changeover day is Saturday and the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 1 July - 31 August 2019: changeover day is Saturday, bookings must be for whole weeks only and the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 1 September - 30 September 2019: changeover day is Saturday and the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 1 June - 30 June 2020: changeover day is Saturday and the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 1 July - 31 August 2020: changeover day is Saturday, bookings must be for whole weeks only and the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 1 September - 30 September 2020: changeover day is Saturday and the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 1 June - 30 June 2021: changeover day is Saturday and the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 1 July - 31 August 2021: changeover day is Saturday, bookings must be for whole weeks only and the minimum stay is 7 nights.
1 bedroom, Sleeps 4:
- 1 king size bed and en suite
There is also 2 single sofa beds in Living room
2 bathrooms including 1 en suite, 1 Separate WC
Shared pool with electric heating, Size 14m x 7m, Depth 0.8m to 1.6m
CD player, DVD/Blu-ray player, Internet / WiFi, Radio, TV Languages in English, German, French, Local, Satellite / cable
Living area seats 4, Dining area seats 6, Central heating, Open fire, Clothes drier, Hair dryer, Iron / board, Towels / linen, Washing machine, Car hire recommended
Cooker, Crockery, Cutlery, Dishwasher, Fridge, Freezer, Glassware, Kettle, Microwave, Oven, Pots / pans, Toaster
Barbecue, Outside lighting, Parking, Private garden
Snooker / pool table
Children, Hen or stag groups
The Gite Saint Paul is a perfect match for a family of four: 1 kitchen/dining area, vaulted living room, master bedroom with queen size canopy bed and spacious bathroom with bath and separate shower. In the living room are two single French boat beds, 1 being 200cmx80cm, the other 160cmx80 There is also a brand new 14m x 7m shared pool with panoramic views over the Lake of Castillon. The whole property is on a knoll and has a private access to the lake
Private Owner From Coogee, Australia Member since Jan 2006
Past bookings: 41 bookings
Response rate: 0%
Last logged in: 2 years ago
Number of properties: 4