Chateau with 6 bedrooms, 5 bathrooms and private pool in Ruffiac, France
Booking cost: £0.00
Pay onlybooking deposit
From £2,341 per week
Chateau to rent in Ruffiac, France
You won't find a better welcome to the heart of Aquitaine than Maison Landes. This charming property, located near Aquitaine's vineyards.
Share this holiday home
Chateau overview - owner's description
You won't find a better welcome to the heart of Aquitaine than Maison Landes. This charming property, located near Aquitaine's vineyards, is surrounded by lush countryside and perched on a hill at the foot of a 15th Century church.
The large central building (also dating from the 15th century) contains the well-appointed living room, six bedrooms and five bath or shower rooms.
The property encloses a central flowered courtyard, with the garden overlooking the church perfect for lounging and enjoying the local views - patio furniture comes as standard for this very purpose!
And when the night draws in, it's time to enjoy Maison Landes' interior, which includes a large library room, a TV lounge complete with DVD player, a dining room with a large family table and a fully fitted kitchen.
The first floor offers a large and bright open space with more fantastic views of the valley and four additional beds.
Chateau Interior (2 floors)
- Living room
- 6 bedrooms
- 5 bath or shower rooms
- Reading room
- TV lounge with DVD player
- Dining room
- Kitchen with
- Workshop / Dormitory (space for 4 or 5 additional beds.
- Swimming pool (size: 6m x 12m/depth: 1.10m - 2.5m)
- Oven, hob, fridge, freezer, kettle and blender
- Laundry room with washing machine and dryer
- Fire alarm and sprinklers
- Two folding beds for children under 10
- Two cots
- Garden furniture
The house is located in the very heart of Aquitaine, close to the vineyards of Bordeaux, Buzet, Duras and Marmande. The owners are happy to provide visitors with brochures and guidebooks to help you organize trips and take full advantage of all this majestic area has to offer.
- Casteljaloux Golf Course: 18 holes overlooking Lake Clarens
- Horse Riding: Poussignac Casteljaloux, Pont-des-Sables (which caters for groups, as well as courses for both adults and children)
- Spa Casteljaloux, where you can enjoy two naturally heated swimming pools, sauna and steam rooms, a jacuzzi, Japanese baths and massages
- Casino Casteljaloux, if you're feeling lucky!
- Watersports at Lake Clarens
- A wealth of winery tours including Sauternes, Chateau Yquem, cellar Cocumont and Castle Leyritz-Moncassin
- The lateral canal of the Garonne offers boat trips
- Canoeing on the canal and the Garonne
- Cycling along the canal and its locks
- Hiking: Many great trails are available, the majority of which take full advantage of the surrounding woodland
- Fishing: There are several rivers nearby for avid anglers
- The Atlantic Ocean is just 1 hour away (Biscarosse Mimizan, Lake Cazeaux, Dune du Pyla)
For wine lovers, the area offers
- The Bordeaux vineyards: Yquem, Sauternes and Saint-Emilion
- The vineyard lot and Garonne: Duras and Buzet
- Cave cooperative Marmandais
- Cave de Leyritz Montcassin
For culture, there's the beautiful Bastide d'Aquitaine
- Bazas, the cathedral on the way to Saint Jacques de Compostela
- Nerac and its boat rides on the Baise, including the castle of Henry IV museum and its medieval city center
- Barbaste and Vianne, two ancient fortified country houses
- Castle Roquetaillade
- Castle of Cazeneuve
- Saint-Emilion, Bordeaux, Agen
For younger family and group members
- Rope courses at Lake Casteljaloux
- The Magic Cauldron farm for farm visits, goat milking and cheese making
- Walliby theme park
This chateau does not have any reviews but the agent has 4 reviews for their other properties.
This chateau is:
Outside this chateau in Ruffiac, FranceThis chateau has a pool.
Prices and availability
Updated 15 August 2018
- Your booking
- Available start/end date
Select your travel dates on the calendar
Changeover days and minimum stays
- 20 August 2018 - 15 August 2021: the minimum stay is 2 nights.
Refundable Breakage Deposit
£896.30 per booking, paid locally
6 bedrooms, Sleeps 15
DVD/Blu-ray player, Internet / WiFi
Central heating, Open fire