INSIDE THE GITE:
• Downstairs: open plan living and bedroom with wood stove and far reaching mountain views to the south.
• Mezzanine: fully equipped kitchen (with washing machine) and bathroom.
• All linen and fresh towels are provided for your stay.
• Next door: self-contained double bedroom with en-suite bathroom and use of large multi-purpose room.
OUTSIDE THE GITE:
• Secluded swimming pool (shared with guests from other two gites) with child proof security cover, which also keeps the pool lovely and warm. The pool is set back 50 yards from the house and is totally private with stunning south facing views of the mountains. There is a jacuzzi in the pool.
• The gardens are full of fruit trees (kiwi, apples, plum) and nuts (walnuts, pine etc) with winding paths and the sound of streams running through the land.
• Our largest gite has its own private entrance with terrace, picnic table and outside barbeque.
THE LOCAL AREA
• Further into the hills, the Parc Naturel Regional du Haut Languedoc is spread over a vast area of valleys and forests, criss-crossed by dozens of well-maintained and clearly signposted walking trails.
• The pretty mountain village of St-Pons-de-Thomieres is home of the Parc HQ.
• A few miles east, the medieval Olargues is one of the prettiest in the region, sitting on the slopes of a lush river valley above a 13th Century single-span stone bridge and overlooked by a thousand-year-old bell tower.
• If the summer sun gets too hot then you can always plunge underground into one of Languedoc's vast limestone caverns. The Gouffre Geant de Cabrespine, in the Clamoux valley, is one of the largest and offers a short tour or a five-hour underground excursion with Safaris Souterrains for the more adventurous (www.showcaves.com).
• The Grotte de Limousis, about half and hour's drive from Montpellier, and the Grotte de la Deveze, near St Pons, are good alternatives.
17th Century farmhouse gite 15 minutes from small historic town with many amenities, situated in 10 hactares of woodland, pastures riddled with paths and streams to explore and a large swimming pool.
Discounts and extras
This property does not have any discounts set