Le Mas Provencal
Villa with 4 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms in Noves, the South of France
From £4,277 per week
Villa to rent in Noves, the South of France
This is the real Provence…ancient villages and towns amidst cypresses, vineyards, olive groves and fruit orchards.Just outside a walled, historic village.
Share this holiday home
Villa overview - owner's description
This is the real Provence…ancient villages and towns amidst cypresses, vineyards, olive groves and fruit orchards.
Just outside a walled, historic village, Le Mas Provencal is at the very heart of this formidable area, which has been blessed with beautiful scenery, UNESCO world heritage sites and world-renowned towns. It sits enviably between St-Remy-de-Provence and Avignon and within easy reach of the much-loved Luberon and Van Gogh's precious Arles, as well as Beaux-de-Provence, which is one of France's acclaimed ‘plus beaux villages'.
This impressive and beautifully restored 19th-century Provencal farmhouse is your own private, walled retreat, filled with fragrant lavender paths, sycamore and centennial olive trees, as well as lush lawns, flowers and an array of mature trees providing precious shade. The grounds offer plenty of space for everyone to relax and unwind and the lovely heated swimming pool, boules court and plentiful terraces, provide perfect ways to spend quality time together.
Indoors, the beautiful, quality villa is spacious and filled with an attractive mix of antique and classic furniture, large open fireplaces and homely touches. All bedrooms take full advantage of the beautiful garden views, which are bathed in Mediterranean sunshine.
Guests will be spoiled whether staying in and enjoying the beauty and comforts of Le Mas Provencal, or going out and exploring the region, which offers an endless choice of days out. The lavender fields of Abbaye de Senaque and Sault and the ochre cliffs of Roussillon may be just as tempting as sitting on the terrace with a glass of Chateauneuf-du-Pape, which by the way, can also be reached from here…as well as Gigondas, Vacqueyras and Beaume-de-Venise and much more!
Le Mas Provencal is the real Provence and guests here will be fully immersed in all its beauty, tradition and lifestyle, whilst being pampered by this lovely home.
- Formal entrance/hallway
- Living room with open fireplace, flat-screen satellite TV, home entertainment system. Antique staircase to first-floor mezzanine with sofa-bed and desk
- Breakfast/Dining room with open fireplace, antique dining table for up to eight guests and doors leading to south-facing terrace and gardens
- Well equipped kitchen with open fireplace, large oven with five hobs, two ovens and a teppanyaki, American model fridge, dishwasher, microwave, coffee machine, orange press, mixer plus table and chairs. Doors leading to terrace and gardens
- Library room leading to utility room
- Guest WC
- Large double bedroom / family suite, with two hotel box-spring beds and seating area. Ensuite with large walk-in Italian shower, WC and double sink. Door leads to sitting area (mezzanine level) with a sofa-bed (suitable for up to two children) and desk. Antique stairs lead to downstairs living room. (NB access to this bedroom is via mezzanine level)
- Double bedroom with king-size bed (180x200cm), seating area and French balcony. Flat-screen TV with French channels. Ensuite with walk-in rain shower, WC and double sink
- Double room with two hotel box-springs (2 x 90x200cm). Separate shower room with large Italian shower, sink and WC. Both room and shower room accessed via private hallway
- Double room with two hotel box-springs (2 x 90x200cm). Separate shower room with double sink, WC and shower. Stunning garden views
- Vast enclosed gardens (6000m2) which can be lit up at night
- South-facing terrace with table and chairs accessed from hallway, dining room and kitchen
- Private heated swimming pool (size: 6m x 12m/ depth: up to 1,7m - 2.5m/ type of heating: solar panels) with ‘Plage' style access and electric cover
- Covered terrace overlooking swimming pool for al-fresco dining and fully equipped summer kitchen with BBQ, fridge, dishwasher and sink. Infrared heaters which can be used in early or late season evenings
- Boules court
- Property accessed via electric gates
- Off road parking space
- Air-conditioning (main bedrooms only)
- 3 Open fireplaces
- Washing machine
- Tumble dryer
- Iron and ironing board
- TESLA car electric socket
Le Mas Provencal is just a short drive from Noves (2.5km), a delightful village where you can find a variety of good restaurants, shops and a supermarket plus a weekly market. Visitors can explore the narrow winding streets from Noves' medieval past and admire beautiful 17th century facades on the many historical buildings. Noves is well known for its many festivals throughout the year from bull runs, open-air feasts to folklore processions. The region produces some very good and affordable local red wines (although wine connoisseurs will not want to miss a visit to Chateauneuf-du-Pape within a thirty minutes drive!).
In the other direction is the charming village of Carbonnes (3km) where you can watch locals play petanque in the shade of the Place de la Mairie or visit the pretty 12th century parish church.
Le Mas Provencal is in the heart of this formidable area of vineyards, idyllic hilltop villages, world-renowned towns, and summer landscapes of sunflowers. Gordes (30km) is just one of the beautiful villages worth visiting with stunning architecture, set in the outstanding Luberon region, surrounded by lavender fields in the summer months. Or head south to the heart of the Parc Naturel Regional des Alpilles and the charming town of St-Remy-de-Provence (15km) where you can soak up the true Provencal way of life, especially on markets days. Van Gogh's precious Arles (42km) and Beaux-de-Provence (25km), one of France's acclaimed ‘plus beaux villages' are also within easy reach as well as a host of other pretty villages that make the region so famous and well loved.
The small but lively city of Avignon (12km) is a short drive and worthy of a visit during your stay. Explore the winding medieval streets, experience the excellent dining opportunities and visit two UNESCO world heritage sites, the Pope's Palace and Saint Benezet Bridge. The covered market offers all sorts of delights or head to the weekend farmers, flower and flea markets for wonderful local produce and a bargain or two. The bohemian quarter of the city, just next to the Sorgue river, has more of a village atmosphere with its artists, musicians, cafes and wine-bars.
Those looking for activity have so much on their doorstep. There is both horse-riding and golf within a short drive and both the immediate and wider area are a walkers and cyclists paradise with stunning countryside and landscapes. Older children will love kayaking in the Sorgue and there are plenty of other family friendly activities throughout the region from model railways and open castles to trekking across the tree tops and visiting a zoo.
This villa does not have any reviews but the agent has 8 reviews for their other properties.
This villa is:
Prices and availability
Updated 18 October 2018
- Your booking
- Available start/end date
Select your travel dates on the calendar
Changeover days and minimum stays
- 19 November - 30 November 2018: the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 1 December 2018 - 4 January 2019: changeover day is Saturday and the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 5 January - 28 June 2019: the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 29 June - 27 September 2019: changeover day is Saturday and the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 28 September - 29 November 2019: the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 30 November 2019 - 3 January 2020: changeover day is Saturday and the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 4 January - 26 June 2020: the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 27 June - 25 September 2020: changeover day is Saturday and the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 26 September - 27 November 2020: the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 28 November 2020 - 1 January 2021: changeover day is Saturday and the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 2 January - 18 October 2021: the minimum stay is 7 nights.
Refundable Breakage Deposit
£887.34 per booking, paid locally
4 bedrooms, Sleeps 10
TV, Satellite / cable