Villa with 5 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms in Nîmes, the South of France
Booking cost: £0.00
Pay onlybooking deposit
From £6,511 per week
Villa to rent in Nîmes, the South of France
Villa Xavier is not a villa that came to life by chance. It is the labour of love of a skilled, local carpenter who put all his passion and savoir-faire into the creation of his home.
Share this holiday home
Villa overview - owner's description
Villa Xavier is not a villa that came to life by chance. It is the labour of love of a skilled, local carpenter who put all his passion and savoir-faire into the creation of his home. The result is a unique, modern home made from quality materials and craftsmanship throughout…and just 10 minutes from magical Nimes.
This is a newly built home, spacious and comfortable offering several relaxation areas both indoors and outdoors and a stunning private swimming pool. Every detail seems to have been meticulously and lovingly considered to create a modern masterpiece.
The large swimming pool on the wooden terrace is a highlight as it blends in beautifully with the modern lines of the garden with bright lawn, white pebble paths and olive trees all dotted about with meticulous care. A bioclimatic pergola with outdoor sofas, and a large dining terrace and barbecue complete the picture outdoors.
Indoors the owner shows off his private wine collection in an underground cellar visible through a glass floor – it has a tasting area for guests who are welcome to purchase the wines. And when the outstanding local food and wine needs to be worked off, you can do so in your own private gym!
Furthermore, a concierge service is available for organising extra cleaning, a private chef, wine tastings, sports, tours, events and numerous other activities and attractions on offer. Keen golfers can try their luck at the Golf de Vacquerolles, just 10 minutes away.
Just a 10-minute drive away is magical Nimes, which boasts France's finest collection of Roman remains, including the impressive 2000-year-old arena, la maison carree, the Temple of Diana and the Tour Magne. The famous arena is the stage to spectacular events even today, such as concerts and bullfighting (killing-free!) and one of these should not be missed. Besides the Roman ruins, Nimes also has a charming historic centre, tree-lined boulevards, parks, cathedrals and one of the oldest city parks in France, Les Jardins de la Fontaine.
Nimes is also a gateway to Provence, Pont du Gard, the Cevennes National Park and even the Camargue. The sea is only 40 kilometres away.
Villa Xavier is a thing of beauty in an area full of history, charm and beautiful landscapes topped off with great wines and cuisine made for enjoying in the Mediterranean sunshine which produced them.
House Interior (400m2)
Lower Ground Floor
- Studio with double bed, TV, mini-fridge, sofa-bed, en-suite shower room and WC. Independent entrance and opening onto south-facing garden
- Gym with running machine, power plate, fridge and TV
- Laundry room with washing machine, dryer and iron
- Private wine cellar with tasting area
Entrance onto open-plan space comprising of:
- Living-dining room
- Fully equipped kitchen (dishwasher, microwave, oven, coffee maker, Nespresso coffee machine, large fridge, freezer)
- Sitting area opening onto pool terrace
- Master double suite with bath tub in room, A/C, TV, large terrace, plus en-suite shower room with WC
- One double bedroom with sofa-bed, ideal for children (located off master suite)
- Two double bedrooms (one with round bed)
- Sitting area with sofa-bed and TV (can sleep 2, located between two double bedrooms)
- Shower room
Outside Grounds (3000m2)
- Enclosed grounds with lawn and trees
- Private unheated swimming pool with hydraulic glass fence (size: 15m x 5m, depth 1.6m)
- Poolside wooden terrace
- Bioclimatic pergola with outdoor sofas and coffee table
- Barbecue area with large parasol, two large dining tables and chairs
- Parking space for up to 5 cars
- Air conditioning (master bedroom and studio only)
- Underfloor cooling system (kitchen, dining room and ground floor suite)
- Satellite TV and DVD player
- I-Pod docking system
- House I-pad (can be used to control music, lights, shutters)
- Alarm system
- Wine cellar
In the Languedoc-Roussignol region, yet with the Camargue and the Provence-Alps on its doorstep, Villa Xavier is located just 10 minutes from the old Roman city of Nimes. Often referred to as the 'French Rome', it is a must see for those with an interest in history. Countless incredibly well preserved relics remain from the Roman Empire, including the ancient aqueduct bridge at Pont de Gard, the Roman temple of Maison Carree, and, of course, the best preserved Roman amphitheatre in France.
We highly recommended a trip to the ancient town of Avignon (50mins), full of history, art, culture and life. Registered as a UNESCO World Heritage Site, the Popes' Palace, the Bridge of Avignon and the Palace Square are just a few of the marvellous attractions on offer. It is said that once you arrive in Avignon, you will never want to leave… In the Summer, there is a famous Arts Festival, a great chance to enjoy films, theatre and street performers.
Around 30 minutes away by car, at the source of the Eure, lies the medieval commune of Uzes. The 11th century Tour Fenestrelle is a 42 metre high Romanesque tower that is the definitive landmark, and a must see on a trip to Uzes. The Saturday night market is also famous across the region, selling locally produced food, clothing and plenty of touristy delights.
The medieval riverside town of Orange (50mins) is a further day-trip option with plenty of Roman monuments, museums and a lively market every Thursday.
The sea is only 40km away and the Camargue is also easily accessible, not to mention all the exciting things to do and experience in the area: golf, horse-riding, kayaking, mountain-biking, markets, wine-tasting and more.
Staying at Villa Xavier means having it all: beautiful towns, vineyards and stunning Mediterranean coastline.
This villa does not have any reviews but the agent has 4 reviews for their other properties.
This villa is:
Prices and availability
Updated 20 September 2018
- Your booking
- Available start/end date
Select your travel dates on the calendar
Changeover days and minimum stays
- 21 September 2018 - 20 September 2021: changeover day is Saturday and the minimum stay is 7 nights.
Refundable Breakage Deposit
£890.93 per booking, paid locally
5 bedrooms, Sleeps 12