Impasse Du Laurier, Moussoulens
Village house with 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms in Moussoulens, the South of France
Booking cost: £0.00
Pay onlybooking deposit
From £325 per week
Village house to rent in Moussoulens, the South of France
Village house overview - owner's description
Lovely converted barn house in Moussoulens. Well appointed with all you need for a pleasant holiday in this quaint village, within easy reach of Carcossonne, Narbonne, Toulouse & Foix. Helpful locals.
3 Double bedrooms with Queen sized bed in each, 1 ensuite with w/c, 1 bathroom with shower over bath and w/c. Fully furnished (including all linen, towels, crockery, cutlery, TV, DVD player, radio/i-pod station/CD player, washing machine, dishwasher, fridge/freezer and microwave). Garage available for parking bicycles/motorbikes. Parking area for vehicles. Local patisserie/bakery, grocery store/Post Office, local river and restaurant (all within easy walking distance).
Just 1 hour from Foix (at the base of the Pyrenees), for your Tour de France experience! Don't pay top prices in the crowded areas where you may have to queue for everything... this property is ideally positioned for all your needs. Research this area at http://about-france.com/regions/midi-pyrenees.htm.
Only 15 minutes from Carcassonne, 1 hour from Toulouse and 1 hour from Narbonne, with lots of scenic and interesting places to visit in the vicinity of this peaceful Cathar village, settled amongst vineyards. Home to the truffles. Daily markets in surrounding areas.
Regular flights into Carcassonne, Toulouse, Narbonne, Perpignan & Montpellier. 2 hour train ride to Barcelona. Closest train station at Carcassonne.
Nearby places of Interest:-
• Mirepoix has an excellent open market on Mondays (refer to brochure for location and information) and is approximately 25 minutes’ drive.
• Albi has an outstanding cathedral and gardens and is approximately 45 minutes’ drive.
• La Grasse is a renowned village for its cobbled streets, abbey and wine region - approximately 45 minutes’ drive.
• Homps is a lovely canal setting for a meal or drink and is approximately 25 minutes’ drive.
• Limoux has a lovely square in the town centre and renowned markets, as well as nice canal views/walks - approximately 25 minutes’ drive.
• Montolieu is only about 5 minutes’ drive, where we can recommend the pizzas at the Café Du Commerce. Carry on to Saissac, housing a renowned castle, then on to Revel for the markets (check for the day), then down to Castlenaudary and pick up the D6113 back to Moussoulens via Alzonne.
• Carcassonne is only a 15 minute drive and there is underground parking just over the bridge and turn right. The Cité de Carcassonne is a medieval citadel located in the city of Carcassonne, in the Aude, Languedoc-Roussillon region, featuring cobbled streets, restaurants, shops and hotels. It is a must to visit, but be prepared for the uphill walk and wear comfortable shoes (it’s all cobbled streets) if you park in town!
• Lac de la Cavayere is a large natural lake on the outskirts of Carcassonne, with various water sports, sandy and pebble beaches, pedaloes, food/drink outlets and is a pretty spot for a picnic; great for a family day out.
• Narbonne is about an hour’s drive if you’re looking for a day at the beach; alternatively you can get the train from Carcassonne.
• Toulouse is about an hour’s drive if you’re looking for city style shopping and tapas, but would recommend that you get the train from Carcassonne, as parking is not easy.
1 other review
1 - 1 of 1
This village house is:
Sights and attractions
Outside this village house in Moussoulens, the South of FranceThis village house is in the countryside and in a quiet area near the mountains. It has a balcony, a garage and outside lighting. Car hire is necessary as the renter will need a car to get about for shopping, eating out and the beach; however parking is available if required.
Prices and availability
Updated 11 June 2017
Select your travel dates on the calendar
Long stay discounts
- Arrive between 1 November - 22 July and receive £62.15 off if the booking is for 2 weeks or more.
If more than one discount matches your arrival date, please be aware that only one discount of the highest amount will be applied to your booking.
3 bedrooms, Sleeps 6:
- 1 double bed and en suite
- 1 double bed
- 1 double bed
2 bathrooms including 1 en suite
CD player, DVD/Blu-ray player, Radio, TV Languages in English, German, French, Italian, Spanish, Local, Satellite / cable
Living area seats 6, Dining area seats 6, Air conditioning throughout property, Central heating, Iron / board, Towels / linen, Washing machine, Car hire essential
Cooker, Crockery, Cutlery, Dishwasher, Fridge, Freezer, Glassware, Kettle, Microwave, Oven, Pots / pans, Toaster
Balcony or terrace, Garage, Outside lighting, Parking
Local community swimming pool nearby in Montolieu (5 minutes drive)
Private Owner From Wa, Australia Member since Oct 2016
Response rate: 100%
Response time: within 17 hours
Last logged in: 3 months ago
Number of properties: 1