Chateau Des Nuits Blanches
Chateau with 12 bedrooms, 11 bathrooms and private pool in Montréal (Gers), the South of France
From £16,142 per week
Chateau to rent in Montréal (Gers), the South of France
Nowadays “the luxury of all luxuries” is silence and space in an exceptional environment, off the beaten track. Built during the 12th century, this family chateau is not a hotel.
Share this holiday home
Chateau overview - owner's description
Nowadays “the luxury of all luxuries” is silence and space in an exceptional environment, off the beaten track. Built during the 12th century, this family chateau is not a hotel, it's a "home away from home", overlooking the Gascogne hillside in the south west of France.
In the country of the Armagnac, foie-gras, D'Artagnan & the Three Musketeers, it is halfway between the Atlantic Ocean and the Mediterranean sea and one and a half hours away from Spain and the Pyrenees.
Surrounded by a 4 acre park with secular trees (and squirrels!), it overlooks the Gascony region known as the “French Tuscany” due to the beauty of its vineyards and hillsides. Bathed in the warmth of this unique property that has been in the same family for four generations, you will enjoy numerous antiques and heirlooms as well as a guarantee of privacy and discretion.
The chateau and its two separate apartments and a triplex gite are the perfect backdrop for family reunions and holidays and offers accommodation for up to 31 guests. It can also host private wedding parties. The excellent acoustics of its reception area created in the former 'chais' (once the cradle of a renowned Armagnac producer) can comfortably welcome up to 500 guests. This is a unique find in this region.
The environment is also perfect for work sessions and it provides the comfort in the peace and quiet required for successful conferences, seminars and confidential business meetings.
This family chateau is a true “home away from home” and is also available for exclusive hire of the whole property.
The current owner of the premises just gives you the keys to your happiness while staying out of your haven.
*Chateau Des Nuits Blanches Estate is available for larger groups of up to 50 guests including both the Dormitory and the reception areas.
Chateau + 2 Apartments + 1 Gites - 31 pax
The Chateau offers 1 “Suite du proprietaire”, 6 en-suite bedrooms and 2 separate independent fully equipped apartments with own private gardens.
- Dining room with seats up to 30 people adjacent to the Petit Sejour seating extra 15 people (there are sofas and armchairs available for use at tea time)
- Library and TV room: 3,000 books and800 movies (in French and in English) available on big screen.
- Bar with table football
- "Le Petit Jardin": a peaceful and quiet area, perfect for lunch in a sunny day.
- "Le Grand Salon": comfortable, warm and spacious room with a piano, a bar, games and large fireplace.
- Gym with training equipment
- Sauna seating 5 people, electric massage table, shower.
- The South-West Gite (32m2): king-size bed, ensuite bath/shower room (35m2), walk-in dressing room (27m2), park views, direct access to solarium and pool.
- The Grise Suite (21m2) with king-size bed/single beds, decorative marble fireplace, ensuite shower room (5m2) and adjacent study and boudoir (8m2).
- The Blanche Suite (25m2) with king-size bed, open plan bath and shower, separate toilet.
- The Cachemire Suite (25m2) with king-size, ensuite bathroom and private toilet.
- The Bleue Suite (35m2) with Luise XVI style king-size bed, one single bed, decorative marble fireplace, private bath/shower, separate WC.
- The Abricote Suite (22m2) with king-size bed/2 single beds, ensuite bath and shower, separate WC, decorative fireplace.
- The Triplex Gite (sleeps 4-5, with private garden, garden furniture and barbecue)
Ground Floor: open plan living/dining area, open plan fully equipped kitchen, sofa bed (sleeps 2), working fireplace,TNT TV, DVD player and music centre
Mezzanine: king-size bed/2 single beds (ideal for kids) - bathroom shared with Triplex Bedroom
- Triplex Bedroom with king-size bed/2 single beds with ensuite bath/shower room and WC
- Porche Bedroom with Louis XVI style bed, ensuite shower room, WC and balcony
- The North-East Gite (private garden, garden furniture and barbecue)
North Suite (ground floor): king-size double bed, living room with double sofa bed, working fireplace, TNT TV, DVD player and music centre, ensuite bathroom and toilet.
East Suite (first floor): 1 double bed/2 single beds, additional 140x200 bed, fully equipped kitchenette, living room, ensuite bathroom.
South Bedroom (ground floor): with king-size/2 single beds, TNT TV, bath/shower room, separate WC.
Note: for an exclusive use of the whole chateau, the below additional dormitory is also available.
The White Night Space
This surprisingly unusual dormitory has been especially created for our young guests. It is a unique space which can accommodate 24 people (6 double beds and 12 single beds. It includes showers, WCs as well as a nursery space for babies and young children with toys, a TV, a playpen, cots and a highchair.
- Satellite TVs
- DVD players
- Table tennis
- Table football
- Board games
- Guitars and grand pianos
- 4 wood burning fireplaces (ground floor)
- Roller skating in the chais, soccer in South.
- 15 mountain/all terrain bikes available.
- 3 barbecues
- Heated Swimming pool: 12mx6m with power jet, lit at night, covered but no surveillance.
- Vegetable garden
- Rose garden
- Petanque area (lit at night)
- Ample parking space
For more than eight centuries the history of Gascony and the founder of the Chateau have been linked. It is situated in the south of beautiful Dordogne where the founder and his descendants, having settled in the southwest of France in the 12th century, left an indelible mark on the region throughout the four succeeding centuries. They were notably Crusaders or Consuls and actively participated in the construction of the villages' fortified manor (the oldest in Gascony). They are among key figures locally to whom we have to thank for today's legacy of fortified castles, cathedrals and colourful legends.
Later, in the 16th century, one of the descendants initiated his entourage into the rituals of Armagnac, one of the first eau-de-vie in France. At the beginning of the 20th century, the family of the present owner bought this domain and developed its own brand of Armagnac, which became a landmark in French gastronomy.
Around the Chateau, there is a range of outdoor activities, visits and excursions that include:
- Castelnau de Fources.
- Fortified villages of Larressingle.
- Collegiale de La Romieu.
- The Seviac gallo-roman villa (The most famous one in Europe).
- The numerous cathedrals and cloisters of the neighbouring towns.
- The Landes forest (the largest in Europe, created by Napoleon the 3rd).
- The Pyrenees, 1hr 30 by car.
- The Atlantic Ocean, with Biarritz, the Basque country and some of the world's best surfing spots (2hr).
- Bordeaux and Toulouse, cities (1hr 30).
- Foie gras markets (in season).
- Walks along signposted paths (St Jacques de Compostelle pilgrim route).
- Antique and flea markets.
This chateau does not have any reviews but the agent has 13 reviews for their other properties.
This chateau is:
Outside this chateau in Montréal (Gers), the South of FranceThis chateau has a pool, a barbecue and a children pool.
Prices and availability
Updated 3 June 2020
- Your booking
- Available start/end date
Select your travel dates on the calendar
Changeover days and minimum stays
- 4 June 2020 - 3 December 2021: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
Refundable Breakage Deposit
£892.75 per booking, paid locally
12 bedrooms, Sleeps 31
Private pool with electric heating
DVD/Blu-ray player, Satellite / cable
Central heating, Open fire
Hen or stag groups
Agency From London, United Kingdom Member since Apr 2015
Past bookings: 40 bookings
Response rate: 92%
Response time: within 22 hours
Last seen: 19 hours ago
Number of properties: over 1,000