Domaine Des Parfums
Villa with 7 bedrooms and 8 bathrooms in Montauroux, the South of France
From £5,725 per week
Villa to rent in Montauroux, the South of France
Domaine des Parfums is the labour of love of its well-travelled owners who fell in love with this enchanting area many years ago and after ten years of memorable holidays.
Share this holiday home
Villa overview - owner's description
Domaine des Parfums is the labour of love of its well-travelled owners who fell in love with this enchanting area many years ago and after ten years of memorable holidays, decided to build their own beautiful home there. What they have created is remarkable and everything you could dream of for a stay in the South of France; exquisite interiors, sweeping countryside views and a stunning infinity pool, all set in four hectares of lush terraced gardens, and all just a 30-minute drive away from Cannes and Grasse.
With seven en-suite bedrooms across three floors, stylish living spaces, a wine cellar and cinema room, there is something for everyone whether you are staying with family or friends. Children will love the tree-house outside, playing boules or exploring the varied gardens with fig, olive and cherry trees and the sweet scent of lavender.
Walk down the grand stone steps to the magical swimming pool with far reaching views all around you, take a rest in the shade of the covered poolside lounge area or bathe in the glorious French sunshine. Long evenings can be spent under the star-filled sky on your large al-fresco terrace with barbecue, which leads straight off from the elegant kitchen and overlooks the magnificent pool.
Despite the tranquillity of the surrounding countryside, you are only a five-minute drive from the nearby hilltop village of Montauroux, nestling in the trees and a true hidden gem with pretty restaurants, a bakery, market and small grocery shops. The village was much loved by Christian Dior who built a chateau as a holiday home not far from Domaine Des Parfums, and which is now the private estate for Christian Dior Parfum and where A-list celebrities are often spotted mingling in style.
There is a whole host of activities within a short drive from horse-riding, biking and hiking as well as boating and swimming in Lac de Saint Cassien. It's a golfer's paradise here with a range of courses nearby including the prestigious Terre Blanche and for a unique experience, one of the world's best gliding schools just minutes away in Fayence. In addition, you are just a thirty-minute drive from the Mediterranean coast with charming Saint-Raphael and the glamour of Cannes, both so near.
This really is a Provencal paradise, a very special home in an idyllic location so close to charming hilltop villages and stunning scenery. It's the perfect place to explore this wonderful part of southern France if you can bear to leave your splendid and relaxing surroundings.
- Entrance hall
- Fully equipped kitchen with central island and stools, American-style fridge freezer, oven, hob and dishwasher. Doors to dining terrace
- Dining room with table and chairs
- Living room. Doors to terrace
- Utility room with washing machine and dryer
- Guest WC with hand basin
- Bedroom 1 with double bed and en-suite shower room with WC and hand basin. Door to terrace
- Bedroom 2 with double bed (or two singles) and en-suite shower room with WC and hand basin
- Bedroom 3 with double bed (or two singles) with en-suite shower room with WC and hand basin
- Bedroom 4 with bunk beds and en-suite WC with shower and hand basin
- Bedroom 5 with double bed and en-suite bathroom with bath-tub, separate shower, WC and twin hand basins. Doors to terrace
- Bedroom 6 with double bed and en-suite shower room with WC and hand basin.
- Living room with TV
- Bedroom 7 with double bed and en-suite shower room with WC and hand basin
- 4 hectares of private grounds
- Terraced gardens
- Grassed areas with mature plants, flowers and a variety of fruit trees (cyprus, fig, olive, cherry and lavender bushes)
- Covered dining terrace with BBQ area (overlooking the pool)
- External access to laundry room with two washing machines and two dryers
- Boules court
(Steps down to pool area)
- Private heated infinity pool (size: 12m x 5.5m) with full-width steps and electric security cover (open all year-round, heated on request)
- Sun terrace with loungers
- Private drive
- Ample parking space
- Underfloor heating
- A/C throughout
- Satellite TV
- Washing machine
- Tumble dryer
- Cinema room
- Wine cellar
- Games room (ready in July 2018)
- Boules court
- One built-in large gas BBQ and one open fire next to it
The nearby medieval village of Montauroux is perched in the hills, nestled by trees, and incredibly picturesque. In the old town you can explore the narrow streets, discover pretty stone fountains and sometimes listen to an evening concert in the village church at the top of the village. Here you will find a bakery, restaurants and cafes plus a street market on a Tuesday.
The village has an interesting history with the Dior family who built a nearby Chateau as their holiday home, now used as an exclusive estate for A-list celebrity events and stays. Mr Christian Dior has also donated a private chapel to the village which has been named after him. The village is a hidden gem in this part of Provence, aristocratic families used to build secluded estates here in the hills and valleys.
You are also only minutes away from the idyllic hilltop village of Callian with its pretty winding streets, flowered filled staircases and stunning outlook of lush forests. Fayence is another dreamy village with charming streets and beautiful cafes plus a weekly Farmers Market selling Provencal delights. Keeping with the theme of parfum, the stunning town of Grasse is half an hours drive away, known for its perfume heritage and fields of lavender.
Within a few minutes drive you have a great range of activities including horse-riding, marked cycling paths and off road routes, wonderful hiking opportunities plus the world-renowned Terre Blanche golf course just the other side of the valley. For a truly special experience there is a Gliding school in Fayence, voted by Conde Nast Traveller to be the best gliding in the world!
Lac de Saint Cassien is perfect for hiring pedaloes with the kids or take a romantic rowing boat out and enjoy the scenery. There is also windsurfing and it's a popular lake for swimming off the waters edge.
Despite the beautiful countryside and huge range of activities, you are only 30 minutes from the coast with charming Saint-Raphael (30km) and the historical town of Frejus (30km) so near.
The fashionable city of Cannes (35km) is also a fantastic place to visit during your stay. Take a walk along the city promenade in Cannes, La Croisette, as you soak up the glitz and glamour that surrounds you. The city has a brilliant nightlife, some superb restaurants and a great choice of lovely sandy beaches, both public and private.
This villa does not have any reviews but the agent has 7 reviews for their other properties.
This villa is:
Prices and availability
Updated 17 October 2018
- Your booking
- Available start/end date
Select your travel dates on the calendar
Changeover days and minimum stays
- 19 October 2018 - 17 October 2021: changeover day is Saturday and the minimum stay is 7 nights.
Refundable Breakage Deposit
£878.97 per booking, paid locally
7 bedrooms, Sleeps 14