Domaine Art Et Vin
Villa with 6 bedrooms and 6 bathrooms in Montagnac, the South of France
From £4,456 per week
Villa to rent in Montagnac, the South of France
The Languedoc doesn't really get better than this…imagine arriving at your own working vineyard.
Share this holiday home
Villa overview - owner's description
The Languedoc doesn't really get better than this…imagine arriving at your own working vineyard, then entering a Maison de Maitre dating back to before the French Revolution with a surprising Art Deco wing, two hectares of private parkland dotted with lavender, pine and centennial trees, a swimming pool to die for, and all surrounded by the estate's own endless vines.
A gift package of the estate's award-winning wines welcomes you. Push open the antique door of the Maison de Maitre and discover a beautiful mix of luxury and history; a sitting-room with fireplace, library, cinema room, well-equipped kitchen, dining room and sumptuous bedrooms, each with their own unique style and historic artwork, which add a touch of 1817, when one of Napoleon's generals lived here.
The Art Deco wing, in contrast, features an impressive Art Deco staircase, a stunning main salon with fireplace and grand piano, antique French tiled floors and chandeliers, all complimented by modern and contemporary touches.
Guests are welcome to enjoy a complimentary tour of the estate, guided by the passionate winemakers who produce wine from nine different grape varieties. This winery was listed by the Huffington Post as one of 10 vineyards to visit worldwide. Amongst the vines and farmland are marked walks which also lead to other vineyards and wineries. On the estate's beautiful private grounds, kids can explore while the adults play boules, lunch alfresco on one of the terraces or simply relax by the heated swimming pool.
A unique art gallery and exhibition space delights and surprises the senses with changing collections in the summer months, alongside the Domaine's own historical exhibition.
Here, the real South of France awaits at the doorstep; Moliere's Pezenas, the harbour at Meze, famous Bouzigues oysters, seafood with a view in Sete, Bezier bull-fighting and the vibrant and charming town of Montpellier. Daytrips are also possible a little further to Carcassonne, Aigues Mortes and Pont du Gard. The nearest beach is only a 10-minute drive away and there is a good choice of outdoor activities within reach, such as cycling, horse-riding, golf and watersports.
Domaine Art et Vin is a unique retreat showcasing wine, food, art and comfort, which is designed to thrill the senses and to fully transport you to this quintessentially charming part of Southern France.
1) Maison de Maitre + Art Deco Wing (12 pax/6 bedrooms)
2) Maison de Maitre Only (6 pax/3 bedrooms)
Maison de Maitre
(also available for individual bookings outside the peak season only)
- Living room with sofas and fireplace
- Kitchen, well equipped including dishwasher, large fridge-freezer with ice cube maker, wine fridge, induction hobs, two ovens, microwave, espresso machine, kettle, toaster
- Breakfast/Dining room with table and chairs for up to 12 guests, opens up to park and pool area
- Cinema room with large cinema screen, fireplace, sofas and good selection of DVDs
- Well-stocked library with sofas and Satellite TV
- Double bedroom, en-suite with shower, washbasin and W.C.
- Double bedroom, en-suite with bath, separate rain shower, double washbasin and W.C.
- Double bedroom, en-suite with bath, rain shower, double washbasin and W.C.
- Utility room with washing machine, dryer and iron (in a different wing, staff also use this room)
- Grand Salon (60m2) with sofas, large fireplace and grand piano
- Double/twin bedroom, en-suite wet room with open Italian shower, washbasin and W.C.
- Master double bedroom with library, balcony overlooking park and swimming pool, en-suite with bathroom with bath, shower, washbasin and W.C.
- Double/twin bedroom, en-suite with shower room, washbasin and W.C.
Please note there is a seventh bedroom in a separate wing near the laundry room and winery offices. This may be rented for staff or visiting friends, prices are on request.
- Private parkland and garden (5 acres)
- Private swimming pool (size: 11m x 5m/width: 1.5m/shape: rectangular) with alarm system - heated when required
- Terraces with garden furniture (sofas, loungers, parasols, dining table and chairs)
- Petanque court
- Working vineyard (175 acres)
- Parking space
- 3 working fireplaces
- Satellite TV
- DVD player
- Sound systems with outdoors speakers
- I-pod docking station
- Cinema room with screen and DVDs
- Grand piano
- Board games
- Bikes (2 adults, 2 children)
- Hairdryer and bathrobes in each room
- Washing machine and dryer
- Iron and ironing board
At the domaine you can also visit the wine shop, vineyard, winery and art gallery.
Domaine Art et Vin is set in a 175 acre estate of vineyards, winery and parkland, in the Herault countryside between Pezanas (12km) and Meze (10km). Wine tasting tours of the vineyards and winery are available as part of your stay and there are numerous walks that start from the domaine including the ancient Roman route of Via Domitia which passes one kilometre away. Cyclists can borrow one of the bikes available to head to the nearest village of Montagnac (6km) or explore further afield on one of the many cycling routes in the area.
The closest village (6km) is very picturesque with some interesting shops, a handful of rural French bars and restaurants and a pretty medieval church worthy of a visit. Historic Pezenas (12km) is also just a short drive away, a great place to spend some time wandering around the town's art galleries and antique shops or stopping for a bite to eat in one of the many good restaurants.
Within ten minutes drive you can be on the water's edge at Etang de Thau, one of the impressive lagoons along this part of the coast. The water is famous for oysters and the villa owners can arrange a fantastic boat trip from the village of Marseillan (16km) to the oyster beds of Bouzigues. Of course you can enjoy some excellent sea-food in the fishing villages dotted around Etang de Thau, including nearby Meze (10km) where you will also find a variety of watersports, a weekly market and lots of local events. The unspoilt and authentic town of Sete (30km) has long sandy beaches and there are further seaside resorts at Marseillan Plage (23km) and Cap d'Agade (30km), with more watersports available.
The city of Montpellier (45km) is the region's capital and full of stunning plazas, great shops and historical sites. Other places worthy of a day trip include the magnificent fortified town of Carcassone (120km), the impressive Roman aquaduct at Pont du Gard (120km) and one of the most beautiful villages in France, Saint Guilhem le Desert (40km), all three of them are UNESCO World Heritage sites.
There are activities for young and old nearby, from kite-surfing in Marseillan to yachting in Meze, and golf lovers have a choice of courses in the Languedoc. There are plenty of marked trails for walking and bike rides and there is horse-riding within a few minutes. You may also like to watch the popular and traditional sport of water jousting which takes place throughout the summer with competitions between local seaside towns. Finally, dinosaur lovers have the choice of the nearby Dinosaur museum, just ten minutes drive away or the Dino-Park within 30 kilometres, both open from April to October.
This villa does not have any reviews but the agent has 8 reviews for their other properties.
This villa is:
Prices and availability
Updated 10 October 2018
- Your booking
- Available start/end date
Select your travel dates on the calendar
Changeover days and minimum stays
- 21 October 2018 - 10 October 2021: changeover day is Saturday and the minimum stay is 3 nights.
Refundable Breakage Deposit
£882.08 per booking, paid locally
6 bedrooms, Sleeps 12