La Tour De Fontaine
Chateau with 9 bedrooms, 6 bathrooms and swimming pool in Moloy, France
Booking cost: £0.00
Pay onlybooking deposit
From £7,487 per week
Chateau to rent in Moloy, France
Chateau overview - owner's description
As soon as you enter the drive of this 500-year-old turreted chateau in Burgundy, your fairytale begins. Imagine a lustrous garden party beside the pond.
As soon as you enter the drive of this 500-year-old turreted chateau in Burgundy, your fairytale begins. Imagine a lustrous garden party beside the pond, part of the 3 hectares of parkland gracing this estate. Sparkling conversation can flow all the way down to the river, where any fishermen in the crowd may find their pleasure. Your wedding or corporate event will happen without a hitch, thanks to Brigitte, who will arrange whatever services you might desire.
Inside the furnishings are modern and simple, while rustic touches remind you of this property's storied past. A games room will keep the children occupied, even if the private pool is closed (it opens from May to September). Indoor gatherings are grand indeed, held in the beautifully tiled reception room. When the party's done, retire to one of the gorgeous suites...perhaps have a soak in the blue claw-foot bathtub!
A truly isolated retreat, the pretty riverside commune of Is-sur-Tille is a 15 minute drive. Get your groceries here (the local bakery delivers!) If you've a mind to explore the region, this holiday chateau sits 25 minutes from Dijon, and 1 hour from Beaune, the heart of the Burgundy wine region.
- Reception hall (25 sq.m.)
- Billiards room (25 sq.m.)
- Salon with fireplace (45 sq.m.), 2 LCD TVs, Hi-fi, 1 DVD player
- Dining room (35 sq.m.)
- Fully equipped kitchen (for self-catering) with American fridge, freezer, oven, gas and electric hob, microwave, dishwasher, Nespresso coffee machine (capsules not supplied)
- 2nd salon, greatly appropriate for Children (25 sq.m.)
- Cellar (25 sq. m.)
- Utility room: washing machine, tumble drier, iron, ironing board
- Accessories and games: Video projector, chess set; poker; adult table football, I-phone music docking station.
- Suite 1: (20 sq. m.) one double bed or 2 single beds (2 people)
- Suite 2: (20 sq. m.) one double bed (2 people)
- These two suites(1&2) share a bathroom : shower, washbasin, separate WC
- Suite 3: (35 sq. m.) one double bed + 1 single bed (3 people) en-suite bathroom :shower, bath, dual washbasins, separate WC
- Suite 4: (20 sq. m.) one double bed (2 people) en-suite bathroom: shower, washbasin, WC.
- Suite 5: (20 sq. m.) one double bed + 1 single bed (or twin beds + 1 single) (capacity 3 people)
- Suite 6: (20 sq. m.) Type 1, Couple + 1 single OR twin beds + 1 single (capacity 3 people)
- These two suites: (5&6) share a large bathroom: shower, bath, dual washbasins, separate WC.
- Suite 7: (30 sq. m.) one double bed (capacity 2 people) en-suite bathroom: shower, bath, dual washbasins, separate WC
- Suite 8: (25 sq. m.) one double bed + 1 single bed or twin beds + 1 single bed (capacity 3 people)
- Suite 9: (25 sq. m.) Type 1, double bed OR twin beds (capacity 2 people)
- All this 3 suites are connecting and in suites to each other.
- These 3 suites (7,8 & 9) share a bathroom shower, washbasin, WC
- Private entrance
- Very large reception room and/or dining room (80 sq.m.) with central fireplace (dual hearth) on 2nd floor & Baby foot.
In the park
- Outdoor Open, heated swimming pool 28° from 10AM to 20PM (open May to September).
- Overflow SPA attached to the swimming pool. Open from 10AM to 20PM
- Children's play area (swings, sandpit)
- Table tennis
- Two hundred year old park (3 hectares)
- Riverside beach
- Private island
- Outside game.
- Category 1 river, fishing on-site! (no-kill)
- 8 outside parking place
This very lovely property of 700 sq. m. is located in the country side of Burgundy (France), 25 minutes' drive from Dijon, 1 hour drive to Beaune & Nuits St Georges.
You can reach by car in 15 minutes the closest village of Is sur Tille where you will find grocery shopping, supermarket and almost anything you need, a very nice bakery shop is at only 5mn drive, this can be deleverage on request.
La Tour De Fontaine begun its life in1511: A man called “Pierre de Rey”built an ironworks beside the river to use the hydraulic force of its waters. At the same time a house was built for the ironmasters.
In 1710, the house was occupied by a family from the Haute-Marne area who lived there for several generations. The property remained in the hands of family descendants until the early 20th century. In the 19th century one of them had his coat-of-arms carved onto the fireplace, and the house took on a proper ‘bourgeois' appearance. Barns and an old outbuilding from the ironworks remain on the property, with a well-stocked category 1 fishing river (trout and grayling) and attractive 3 hectare park. A beach has been laid out on the river bank and there is an outdoor swimming pool heated to 28°.
The current owners, took over the property in 2006. They subtly convey their love of old buildings and stylish, modern and design, making this a distinctive and welcoming place to stay.
The Oliver's Concierge Team is available to help you arrange any of those little extras that can really make the difference. For example:
- Maid service/extra cleaning
- Private chef/cook/catering
- Welcome hamper/pre-stocked fridge
- Local day-trips or tours
- Airport transfers
- Babysitting/childcare services
Simply fill in the concierge request form or contact the Oliver's Concierge Team.
Extras available at this property:
- Maid service (extra 15€/hour)
- Extra linen and towel change
- Day-trips or tours with a local guide
- Burgundian cooking and table service by on-site caterer
- Airport/Train station pick up/drop off
Please note that all services are subject to availability and must be requested in advance and that due to some rural/remote locations, not all services will be available at all properties. Prices are on request.
We will always do our best to fulfil your requests.
This is by no means an exhaustive list, so please just contact Oliver's VIP Concierge Team to help you arrange any of those little extras that can really make the difference.
This chateau does not have any reviews but the agent has 2 reviews for their other properties.
This chateau is:
Outside this chateau in Moloy, FranceThis chateau has a pool.
Prices and availability
Updated 20 October 2017
Select your travel dates on the calendar
Changeover days and minimum stays
- 30 August 2014 - 5 January 2024: the minimum stay is 2 nights.
Refundable Breakage Deposit
£899.44 per booking, paid locally
9 bedrooms, Sleeps 22
Internet / WiFi
Central heating, Open fire, Car hire optional