Villa with 5 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms and private pool in Mézin, France
Booking cost: £0.00
Pay onlybooking deposit
From £3,463 per week
Villa to rent in Mézin, France
Villa overview - owner's description
The Chateau Lamantin, a family-friendly chateau in Aquitaine, has the elegance of a French country house and an abundance of outdoor pursuits. Swim in an expansive pool surrounded by stone walls.
The Chateau Lamantin, a family-friendly chateau in Aquitaine, has the elegance of a French country house and an abundance of outdoor pursuits. Swim in an expansive pool surrounded by stone walls, fish in a large private lake and play croquet and badminton on a vast lawn. On rainy days, there's plenty of indoor entertainment, including a piano, table tennis, billiards, exercise equipment, board games, Satellite TV and DVDs.
When you're ready to explore, the chateau is only 3 km from Mezin, a village famous for its medieval church, cork museum, and Sunday market. Nearby, the town of Nerac has a 16th century castle, the Chateau Musee Henri IV, and you can have foie gras at its supposed birthplace. Beach-goers will love the sand on their toes at the lakeside beach in Lislebonne (4 km).
Back at home, you'll appreciate the luxury of each unique room, with the finest touches like heated towel racks, Louis XVI-style sitting chairs, and antique wardrobes. With 5 bedrooms, Chateau Lamantin sleeps 10 comfortably.
In the Lot-et-Garonne department, this ideal French holiday rental is close to the Dordogne, Lot, and Gironde areas, and only 112 km from the Bergerac international airport.
- Open-plan kitchen
- Dining Room
- Back kitchen
- Hallway with staircase
- Sitting room with TV
- 5 double bedrooms
- Bathroom with separate shower
- 2 shower rooms
- Private swimming pool (size: 8x4m / depth: 0.8 - 1.60 m) with alarm system
- Garden with shaded trees
- Fishing Lake (perch, pike, zander)
- 2 portable BBQs
- Films and DVDs
- High chair and cot
- Gas hob
- Gas oven
- Washing Machine
- Billiard table
- Table tennis
- Exercise equipment
- 2 VTT bikes
Lamantin is strategically nestled among the departments of Dordogne, the Lot, the Lot et Garonne and the Gironde departments.
Mezin (3 km) is a medieval bastide famous for its 11th-12th century church, alcoves and for the Cork Museum. On site there are also several, restaurants, shops and a Sunday market.
Easy access also to Nerac, famous for its Chateau Henri IV and wonderful visits down the River Baise, to le Les Grottes de Fontirou in Castella and the medieval village of Sos.
Other popular cities in the region include Agen, Villeneuve sur Lot, Bordeaux and Toulouse.
The sandy lakeside beach of Lislebonne is only 4 km away whereas the closest airport is Bergerac (approximately 112 km).
Local Activities and Amenities
- Public tennis court: Mezin at 2km
- Golf: Golf de Barbaste, 30km approx
- Aqua Park Walibi, Agen
- Several canoe/kayak clubs.
- Beach: Base de Loisirs Lislebonne. Mezin at 4km Sandy beach.
- Lake fishing at the property (no boat available)
- Horse riding: Club Hippique Poney Club l'Hoste k'Astarac, Tel :
- Local markets: Mezin, Sunday. Nerac, Saturday
- Restaurants: Le Relais de Gascogne, Mezin. Tel : . Les Deux Gourmands, St. Maure de Peyriac, Tel : . Cafe du Commerce/Pizzeria, Place de l'Eglise, Mezin, for fun and Karaoke!
- Pharmacy: Mezin
- Doctor: Mezin
- Bank: Mezin
- Cash machine: Mezin
- Tourist information: Mezin : Tel : . Nerac, Tel :
- Night life: 2 casinos within 30km of the property
This villa does not have any reviews but the agent has 2 reviews for their other properties.
This villa is:
Outside this villa in Mézin, FranceThis villa has a pool.
Prices and availability
Updated 21 January 2018
Select your travel dates on the calendar
Changeover days and minimum stays
- 21 January 2018 - 4 January 2025: the minimum stay is 7 nights.
Refundable Breakage Deposit
£882.40 per booking, paid locally
5 bedrooms, Sleeps 10
DVD/Blu-ray player, Internet / WiFi, TV, Satellite / cable
Central heating, Car hire optional