Chateau De Naugues
Chateau with 8 bedrooms, 9 bathrooms and swimming pool in Mercurey, France
Booking cost: £0.00
Pay onlybooking deposit
From £4,498 per week
Chateau to rent in Mercurey, France
Chateau overview - owner's description
The exceptional Chateau de Nagues is the ideal base to explore the famous wine route of Burgundy while enjoying the luxurious comfort that the estate offers.
The exceptional Chateau de Nagues is the ideal base to explore the famous wine route of Burgundy while enjoying the luxurious comfort that the estate offers. This 19th Century ‘Haussmann' style chateau is situated among vineyards and offers an exceptional panoramic view over the surrounding countryside. The landscaped garden covers 4000m2 with a 5x10m heated pool located at the foot of the vineyards.
The Chateau has 8 luxury bedrooms (each with its own private en-suite bathroom), a spacious living room decorated with a 19th Century panoramic fresque, a dining room, kitchen, winter garden, gym & relaxation room and sauna.
Behind the chateau the terraced garden looks across to the pool area and the vineyards beyond. A stone stairway, hidden among fig trees, gives access to the bottom of the garden with its fruit trees and wild lavender. The summer house, next to the pool, is equipped with a kitchen that includes a refrigerator, sink, ceramic hob, microwave and all the necessary glasses and crockery. Next to the summer house is the stone barbecue where you can have poolside lunch parties and aperitifs during long summer evenings.
You are sure to appreciate the spacious leisure area in the basement with its gym, sauna and relaxation area. The decoration and furnishings have been chosen with the greatest care, offering a mix of traditional and contemporary styles. The beds are made up for your arrival and towels and toiletries are provided. High definition television, blu-ray DVD and wireless internet are all available.
Note: maximum capacity is 16 adults + 1child + 2 babies.
The ‘Haussman' design gives the chateau an unusual style for the area. The facade is richly decorated with mouldings and sculptures, and the central round tower that serves as a winter garden, adds a romantic touch. All the original features have been conserved in the living room, dining room and bedrooms. From the balcony on the tower you can take in the superb view across the village and the surrounding vineyards.
The Chateau has 8 bedrooms, all with en-suite bathrooms. There are 5 doubles & 3 twins (the twins can be converted in to doubles if needed). The beds are made up for your arrival. Two cots are also available. Two of the bedrooms are 'VIP bedrooms' with views out across the park and the vineyards, one of them also has a 10m2 balcony. Both have HD television with TNT channels, Blu-ray DVD player, bath with massage jets, double washbasin and hairdryer. The 8 bathrooms have been stylishly fitted with your comfort in mind. Each has a WC, a washbasin and either a shower or bath. Towels and toiletries are provided on arrival.
The living room has an open fireplace that dates back to the 19th Century. Logs are provided enabling you to make the most of evenings around the fire with family or friends. You will also appreciate the 19th Century fresque that covers all four walls of the room. The room is extremely light and airy, with large windows opening out onto the park. The moulded ceilings, the wood panelling and the oak floor are all original and create a wonderful atmosphere. The central tower is arranged as a winter garden and being next to the living room it serves as a doorway out to the garden and pool. This is also the smokers area as smoking is prohibited in the rest of the chateau.
Books and DVDs in the library are at your disposal during your stay. An English style pool table, a big screen HD television with Satellite channels, a blu-ray DVD player and a Playstation 3 will ensure evenings full of entertainment. Wireless internet connection is available free of charge. The dining room table can seat up to 15 people and has large windows to let the light show off the beautiful moulded ceiling, the original wood paneling and the old oak floor. The glasses, crockery and cutlery are at your disposal in the sideboard.
The Chateau galley kitchen is fully equipped including an oven, a microwave, a 5 ring hob with extractor fan, a dishwasher, a large refrigerator, a freezer, an electric coffee maker, a toaster and an electric kettle. A full range of kitchen equipment, utensils and accessories is provided. An assortment of herbs, spices and condiments are also at your disposal. 2 high chairs are available.
A gym is available in the basement of the Chateau. It is equipped with two exercise bikes, a rowing machine, a weights machine, dumbars and mats. Relax afterwards in the armchairs, have a drink or enjoy a game of table football. The wall mounted TV screen with DVD player will make your workout more enjoyable! Adjacent is a spacious shower with massage jets and a sauna.
Outside the 5x10m heated swimming pool is open from April to October. The shallow end is a metre deep and goes down to around 1.9m. Spend hot afternoons lazing around the pool on one of the sunloungers with the summer house and garden table nearby for lunch by the pool or dinner on a balmy summer evening. Four bicycles and two child seats are provided at no extra charge. 16 ‘petanque' boules can be found at the chateau in case you fancy a boules contest between friends. There is also a table tennis table. There is a traditional barbecue just next to the summer house by the pool.
The local village with all the necessary shops is just 2km from the chateau. Chalon sur Saone is 13km away and the Hypermarket is 10km away. Other towns worth visiting include Beaune 26 km, Cluny 52 km, Autun 39 km, Macon 73 km and Dijon 80 km.
Things to do
- Museum of Photography – Chalon-sur-Saone (13 km)
- Hospices de Beaune – Beaune (26 km)
- Chateau de Couches – Couches (14 km). Clinging to its rock, the Chateau de Couches soars up amidst the green and rolling landscape of the vineyards of the ‘Cote Chalonnaise'.
- Chateau de Cormatin – Cormatin (38 km). Built in the 17th century on the remains of a 13th century castle, the Chateau de Cormatin is without a doubt one of the most elegant chateaux in Burgundy.
- The Herisson Falls – Jura (110 km). Two streams join to make a series of waterfalls, each one more beautiful than the last.
- Cluny Abbey – Cluny (52 km). This Benedictine abbey, built in the 10th century, was the centre of the religious world and the church was the largest in the Christian world!
- Chalon dans la Rue – Chalon-sur-Saone (13 km). Each year, during the 3rd weekend in July (from the Thursday evening until Sunday evening), the streets of Chalon-sur-Saone are transformed into the stage of a multitude of live performances (jugglers, plays, concerts, acrobats,circus acts etc) during the biggest festival of street theatre in France.
- Fun Park des Combes – le Creusot (27 km)
- Green Way – Chalon-sur-Saone (10 km). From Chalon-sur-Saone to Charnay-les-Macon tens of kilometres of old railway track have been converted into a cycle track that is surrounded by rolling landscapes, vineyards and forests.
- Acrogivry – Givry (10 km). At Givry, 6 hectares of oak trees are reserved for adventure in the tree tops! More than 18 circuits and 150 aerial games have been created for visitors from young children to really tough adventurers!
This chateau does not have any reviews but the agent has 1 review for their other properties.
This chateau is:
Outside this chateau in Mercurey, FranceThis chateau has a pool and a children pool.
Prices and availability
Updated 20 September 2017
Select your travel dates on the calendar
Changeover days and minimum stays
- 16 September 2017 - 4 January 2025: changeover day is Saturday and the minimum stay is 2 nights.
Refundable Breakage Deposit
£887.86 per booking, paid locally
8 bedrooms, Sleeps 16
9 bathrooms including 8 en suites
DVD/Blu-ray player, Internet / WiFi, TV, Satellite / cable
Central heating, Open fire, Car hire optional