Villa with 4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and swimming pool in Lussan, the South of France
Booking cost: £0.00
Pay onlybooking deposit
From £1,553 per week
Villa to rent in Lussan, the South of France
Villa overview - owner's description
This villa in Languedoc has a rich and storied history - built as a monastery in the 16th century, it is now a portal to gorgeous family holidays. If you have a love for simpler times.
This villa in Languedoc has a rich and storied history - built as a monastery in the 16th century, it is now a portal to gorgeous family holidays. If you have a love for simpler times, the wide stone walls of the house will speak to you. That's not to say you'll forgo modern comforts here - the swimming pool on the stone terrace outside lends a private resort air.
Here the architecture elevates this 3 bedroom family villa to something special. From the ancient stone stairs to the stained glass window in the bathroom, this home has character to spare. The living room feels almost like an underground cavern; the low, arched ceiling makes a snug family movie night.
Nestled between the Cevennes National Park and Provence, this holiday villa is a true rural escape. Hikers will be most at home, and local caverns may interest the whole family (try Grottes de Trabuc, 45 minutes from the villa). The closest quaint town is a drive away - Salindres (8 km). If you're aching for more metropolitan delights, head to Uzes (23 km), where you can find beautiful restaurants and shopping (look for the market on Wednesdays and Saturdays).
The ground floor is composed of a sitting room, a dinning room and a kitchen with original vault ceiling that, thanks to the wide walls, still stays cool during the hot summers. A stone staircase to the first floor leads to a large bedroom, a smaller one (both with double beds) and a large bathroom with antique tiles. The second floor has the same configuration, with a supplementary single bedin the larger room. In front of the house you can have lunch and dinner under a large micocoulier tree (one of the oldest three of this region!) The 15m pool has just been totally renovated is only a few meters from the house.
Situated just between the wilds of Cevennes and the more charming Provence, Manoir Navacelle is perfectly located for exploring several spectacular locations:
- Nimes (45km) with its Roman architecture;
- Le Parc Naturel des Cevennes (40 km)
- Le Pont du Gard (30km)and Le Cirque de Navacelles (60km), with these locations being UNESCO heritage sites
- Avignon( 60km) with his July world known Theater Festival
- Arles (50 km) with its Roman past and beautiful countryside that Van Gogh painted
- Uzes (23 km) is one of the best renovated authentic little town of France.
This villa does not have any reviews but the agent has 1 review for their other properties.
This villa is:
Outside this villa in Lussan, the South of FranceThis villa has a pool and a children pool.
Prices and availability
Updated 20 August 2017
Select your travel dates on the calendar
Changeover days and minimum stays
- 1 July 2017 - 31 May 2018: changeover day is Saturday and the minimum stay is 2 nights.
- 1 June - 29 June 2018: changeover day is Friday and the minimum stay is 2 nights.
- 30 June 2018 - 30 May 2019: changeover day is Saturday and the minimum stay is 2 nights.
- 31 May - 28 June 2019: changeover day is Friday and the minimum stay is 2 nights.
- 29 June - 30 August 2019: changeover day is Saturday and the minimum stay is 2 nights.
Refundable Breakage Deposit
£914.08 per booking, paid locally
4 bedrooms, Sleeps 6
DVD/Blu-ray player, Internet / WiFi
Central heating, Open fire, Car hire optional