Le Mas De L'artiste
Villa with 8 bedrooms, 7 bathrooms and private pool in Les Ecarts, the South of France
From £11,421 per week
Villa to rent in Les Ecarts, the South of France
Stay in a spectacular artist's residence and experience a bohemian yet luxurious way of life surrounded by creativity, charm and beauty. Just outside the stylish town of Saint-Remy-de-Provence.
Share this holiday home
Villa overview - owner's description
Stay in a spectacular artist's residence and experience a bohemian yet luxurious way of life surrounded by creativity, charm and beauty. Just outside the stylish town of Saint-Remy-de-Provence, you will receive a warm welcome in this magical and unique sanctuary. With eight bedrooms and magnificent living and dining space, Le Mas de l'Artiste is ideal for family gatherings or unique holidays with friends.
The 18th century Provencal farmhouse is adorned with fascinating works of art, including a superb mosaic floor in one of the two living rooms, created by a celebrated artist in the 1950s. Across the house and gardens you will find quirky sculptures, interesting paintings and fashionable pieces dating back to the mid twentieth century. Art lovers will appreciate the location so near St-Remy, a town which has attracted artists for years, the most famous being Vincent Van Gogh who painted ‘Starry Night' during his time here.
There are six en-suite bedrooms in the main house, each beautifully furnished, styled with colourful exuberance and fragranced individually with a carefully selected perfume, whilst the en-suite bathrooms are scented with the finest Hermes Eau d'Orange Verte products. There are two further bedrooms and one bathroom in the separate beautifully converted sheep barn, they would be ideal for staff or possibly older teenagers craving independence. Throughout the house only the finest quality shines through, there is air-conditioning, heating, Wi-Fi and high-end features such as a Bose sound system and Safe Sound speakers.
The vast terraced grounds offer yet more dreamy experiences such as the gentle sounds of the fountains by the pond, the heavenly scents of Provencal herbs and the stunning views of the Alpilles Natural Park that surround you. The heated pool is the perfect place to relax and long warm evenings can be spent poolside serving cocktails from the rather glamorous 1970s oval bar in the summer kitchen.
The warm and attentive owners are on hand as a personal guide and to ensure you have everything you desire for your holiday. They take great pride in providing an exceptional level of service and can arrange a number of bespoke experiences, no matter how unique, from spa and beauty treatments in the villa's own wellness area, yoga and pilates in the serene gardens to private shopping tours to little known places, glider flights above the Alpilles and food immersion experiences from farm to table. Dedicated staff can be arranged, such as private chefs and a chauffeur service, amongs others.
The philosophy here is simple - experience unique luxury and the 'slow life' in the heart of beautiful Provence and create memories that will stay with you for a lifetime.
Main House Interior
(over several levels with steps on each level, 650m2 floor space)
- Entrance with stone table and rotisserie for fireside grills at the open fire-place. Opens on to terrace
- Spacious lounge, featuring mosaic floor by a celebrated artist, with comfortable sofa and armchairs, fire-place, cigar and wine cabinet, Bose sound system. Opens on to terrace
- Professional kitchen with large fridge, Malteni stove, plancha and hotplates, Salamandre grill, professional oven, microwave, dishwasher, extractor hood, hotmix blender, blast-chiller/slicer).
- Pantry room with Nespresso coffee machine, kettle, 3 drinks fridges, juicer Winterhalter glass washing machine, ice cube machine
- Second living room with bar and drinks cabinet, tables and chairs, sofas, Bose speakers, games table, projector and large screen. Opens on to terrace
- Dining room (16m2) with large glass table for up to 12 guests and wine store
Double bedroom (30 m2, king-size bed) with south-facing garden access, en-suite with bathroom (9m2) with Italian shower, bath and WC
Landing with office area
- Double bedroom (28m2, queen-size bed) with walk-in wardrobe and own spacious terrace (35m2) overlooking pool and gardens. En-suite with bathroom (9m2) with Italian shower, bath and WC
- Double bedroom (20m2, king-size bed), beautiful views, en-suite with bathroom (13m2) with Italian shower, bath and WC
- Double bedroom (24m2, king-size bed), en-suite with bathroom (8m2) with Italian shower, bath and WC
Double/twin (23m2, king-size twin bed) with small terrace that leads to garden. En-suite (6m2) with Italian shower and separate WC
Attic room (28m2, with king-size double/twin bed) with sloping ceilings and own lounge corner. En-suite (5m2) with Italian shower and WC
Two additional beds can be provided for children (up to 12) plus two travel cots with mattresses and bed linen.
The Well-Being Space
Accessed from garden, with Baum Integral products, massage table, hot stones and bags and Bose speakers.
(detached converted barn, 70m2 floor space)
- Lounge with open-plan kitchen (well equipped including oven, hotplates, fridge, freezer, dishwasher, Nespresso coffee machine). Table and chairs, sofas, TV and Safe Music speakers
- Main double / twin bedroom (20m2, king-size double/twin bed), walk-in wardrobe and own terrace
- Interconnecting double/twin bedroom (11m2, king-size double/twin bed)
- Shower room (7m2) with shower and WC
- Laundry and ironing room (independent access) with two washing machines and dryers
- Pantry with cold room, freezer and wine store
- 5000m2 of private grounds on various levels including flower gardens, mature trees and direct access to national park
- Private heated swimming pool (size:15m x 7m/depth 1m to 1.7m) on lower level of gardens, with electric cover to be used when not in use. Sun-loungers, garden lounge furniture and sun-shades
- Outdoor kitchen / pool house (30m2) with bar, ice-cube machine, Smeg fridge, BBQ, shower and WC
- Six terraced areas with outdoor loungers, table and chairs and sun-shades
- Fish pond with fountains (size:11m x 4m/depth 90cm-1.5m)
- Open-air well-being space
- Petanque court
- Gated access to property and grounds
- Large private car park
- Three washing machines and two dryers
- Iron and ironing board
- Computer and printer
- Bose sound system with speakers (main house living areas)
- Safe Music speakers (annex living area and main house bedrooms)
- Projector and screen
- Hairdryers in each bathroom
- Old-fashioned shoe shine unit
- Games table
- Petanque court
- Baby bath, nappy changing table, baby phone
Just outside the stylish town of Saint-Remy-de-Provence (2.7km), Le Mas de l'Artiste is nestled in the heart of Provence with over 5000m2 of grounds with stunning views and direct access to Les Alpilles Natural Park.
St-Remy is well known for being popular with artists, many live in the area and display or sell their works of art in the village's art galleries. The most famous artist of all has to be Vincent Van Gogh who checked himself into the asylum St Paul de Mausole, which can be visited today, and created 150 paintings including ‘Starry Night'. In the summer months, on selected Sundays, the ‘Route des Artistes' fills with local artists showing off their work creating a wonderful and bustling atmosphere.
The town is also famous for its many restaurants, from down to earth bistros found on pretty narrow streets to Michellin starred establishments. The surrounding countryside is rich with olive groves and vineyards with private tours and tastings easily arranged. Food lovers, don't miss the market on a Wednesday morning!
There are various festivities taking place across the year including the town's biggest festival around 15th August which includes bull running, Camargue horse displays, street performers and local musicians. Other highlights of the town include two museums and the archaeological remains dating back to 2nd century BC at the Glanum site just south of the town.
The small but lively city of Avignon (22km) is worthy of a visit during your stay. Explore the winding medieval streets, experience further excellent dining opportunities and visit two UNESCO world heritage sites, the Pope's Palace and Saint Benezet Bridge. The covered market offers all sorts of delights or head to the weekend farmers, flower and flea markets for wonderful local produce and a bargain or two. The bohemian quarter of the city, just next to the Sorgue river, has more of a village atmosphere with its artists, musicians, cafes and wine-bars.
You are of course in the heart of this formidable area of vineyards, idyllic hilltop villages, world-renowned towns, and summer landscapes of sunflowers. Baux-de-Provence (10km), one of France's acclaimed ‘plus beaux villages' and Van Gogh's precious Arles (30km), are both within easy reach. Gordes (35km) is yet another one of the beautiful villages worth visiting with stunning architecture, set in the outstanding Luberon region, surrounded by lavender fields in the summer months.
Those looking for activity have so much on their doorstep. There is both horse-riding and golf within a short drive and both the immediate and wider area are a walkers and cyclists paradise with stunning countryside and landscapes. Older children will love kayaking in the Sorgue and there are plenty of other family friendly activities throughout the region from model railways, open castles to trekking across the tree tops and visiting a zoo.
This villa does not have any reviews but the agent has 13 reviews for their other properties.
This villa is:
Outside this villa in Les Ecarts, the South of FranceThis villa has a pool, a barbecue and a children pool.
Prices and availability
Updated 10 October 2019
- Your booking
- Available start/end date
Select your travel dates on the calendar
Changeover days and minimum stays
- 21 February - 3 July 2020: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 29 August 2020 - 2 July 2021: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 3 July - 27 August 2021: changeover day is Saturday and the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 28 August 2021 - 10 October 2022: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
Refundable Breakage Deposit
£838.76 per booking, paid locally
8 bedrooms, Sleeps 16
Private pool with electric heating
Internet / WiFi
Air conditioning, Central heating, Open fire
Hen or stag groups
Agency From London, United Kingdom Member since Apr 2015
Past bookings: 39 bookings
Response rate: 92%
Response time: within 22 hours
Last seen: an hour ago
Number of properties: over 1,000