Le Hameau De L’horizon
Villa with 6 bedrooms, 12 bathrooms and swimming pool in France
Booking cost: £0.00
Pay onlybooking deposit
From £2,809 per week
Villa to rent in France
Villa overview - owner's description
The story began with a dream… the dream of a family who discovered three old stone hamlets in the beautiful Luberon and who decided to restore them.
The story began with a dream… the dream of a family who discovered three old stone hamlets in the beautiful Luberon and who decided to restore them, to plant organic vines and fruit trees and to nurture the land with great love and respect.
The result is three beautifully restored stone hamlets spread out across 40 hectares of rolling hills and typical Provencal landscape. Le Hameau du Berger, Villa Les Terrasses and Le Hameau de l'Horizon.
Le Hameau de l'Horizon is a high quality, beautifully preserved hamlet with heated swimming pool and tennis court, perched up on a hill with breath-taking views across the landscape to Mount Lure and the mauve coloured hills of the Grand Luberon. Up here it's all about nature, peace and extraordinary calm.
The hamlet is set in 40 hectares surrounded by unspoilt landscape with charming gardens designed by Jean-Noel Capart, which were designed to be in perfect harmony with the site's past and the traditions of its people. The tennis court and boules pitch amidst the lavender fields provide moments of pure and authentic relaxation…
The ‘upper house' is surrounded by two beautifully furnished terraces with exceptional views, three en-suite bedrooms with large en-suite bathrooms, large living room with magnificent fireplace and a large kitchen with dining area.
The ‘lower house' has a lovely shady terrace opening out onto a beautiful garden area near the swimming pool, three en-suite bedrooms and a charming Provencale kitchen with dining area.
Le Hameau de l'Horizon is an exceptional estate offering peace and quiet and a real feeling of being at one with nature and this truly beautiful part of France.
Le Hameau de l'Horizon is composed of two 3-bedroom houses sleeping up to 12 guests in total.
1) Upper House
- Fully equipped kitchen with large oven, stove top hobs, dishwasher, fridge/freezer, coffee machine, kettle, toaster and kitchen table with 4 chairs
- Sitting room with sofas, coffee table, plasma screen TV, DVD player and working fireplace
- Master bedroom with double bed (180cm) with small sitting area with sofas, direct access by an external staircase to the garden and swimming pool and en-suite bathroom with bath, shower, wash basin and WC
- Bedroom 2 with twin beds, en-suite bathroom with shower, wash basin and WC
- Guest WC
- Bedroom 3 with double bed (180cm) with en-suite bathroom with bath, shower, twin wash basins and WC
2) Lower House
- Fully equipped kitchen with oven, stove top hobs, fridge/freezer with ice machine, toaster, coffee machine and kitchen table with 4 chairs with access to the terrace
- Bedroom 4 with twin beds, en-suite bathroom with shower and wash basin
- Entrance hall
- Guest WC
- Bedroom 5 with double bed (180cm), en-suite bathroom with shower, wash basin and WC
- Bedroom 6 with twin beds, en-suite bathroom with bath, shower, wash basin and WC
- Covered dining area with large dining table accessible from La Petite Maison kitchen
- Second dining area with round table and large gas barbecue
- Two Comfortable seating areas, ideal for an evening aperitif
- Private heated swimming pool (size: 14x5m)
- Poolside patio with reclining sun loungers, parasols and tables
- Summer kitchen
- Tennis court
- Boules pitch with spectator seating
- Lavender field
- Lawned landscaped gardens
- 40 hectares grounds and gardens with trees, plants and flowers
- Off-road parking
- Plasma screen TV
- DVD player
- Mini stereo system
- I-pod docking station
- Safe in each bedroom
- Washing machine & tumble dryer
- Iron and ironing board
- Table Tennis
- Board games
- Fixed telephone (communications with be charged at the end of your stay)
- Fans (on request)
Distances between the hamlets:
- Le Hameau de l'Horizon: 5 km from Le Hameau du Berger and 1.5km from Villa Les Terrasses
- Le Hameau du Berger: 7 km from Villa Les Terrasses and 5km from Le Hameau de l'Horizon
- Villa Les Terrasses: 1.5 km from Le Hameau de l'Horizon and 7 km from Le Hameau du Berger
Viens is an ancient village with a medieval atmosphere boasting many original features including the clock tower and the two Maisons de Monier. Viens is located on the border of the Alpes de Haute Provence, the heart of the Luberon and surrounded by beautiful lavender fields, providing you with boundless activities and attractions for all the family.
Within the Luberon National park the charming villages and beautiful scenery offer an ideal setting for hiking, cycling, and even kayaking along the Sorgue. Many of the quint hilltop villages have maintained their original features with castles, caves and historical artefacts to discover, including one of the most spectacular at La Tour d'Aigues which still has its dungeons. Other activities include the Barben Zoo, Accrobranche and horse-riding.
The town of Apt, with its sprawling weekly market each Saturday and Tuesday is an unmissable trip. The town is full of charm and tradition with winding streets and ancient fountains. Indulge in the local cuisine and delicacies in one of the many pavement cafes with views of the Luberon and sweet smelling lavender surround you.
Le Hameau de l'Horizon is within close driving distance of the archetypal Provencal villages of Bonnieux, Lacoste, Menerbes, Gordes and Roussillon. Famous Avignon, the capital of Provence, and Aix-en-Provence, one of France's most beautiful university towns, are only about 1hr30mins away from this Provencal hamlet.
This villa does not have any reviews.
Outside this villa in FranceThis villa has a pool and a tennis court.
Prices and availability
Updated 28 June 2017
Select your travel dates on the calendar
Changeover days and minimum stays
- 22 April 2017 - 4 January 2019: changeover day is Saturday and the minimum stay is 7 nights.
Refundable Breakage Deposit
£886.13 per booking, paid locally
6 bedrooms, Sleeps 12
6 bathrooms, 6 en suite bathrooms
DVD/Blu-ray player, Internet / WiFi, TV, Satellite / cable
Central heating, Open fire, Car hire optional