Chateau Du Bonheur
Chateau with 7 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms in Le Fousseret, the South of France
From £3,504 per week
Chateau to rent in Le Fousseret, the South of France
Chateau du Bonheur has been admired since the 19th Century, when it first took up its place as an impressive Maison de Maitre on 28 acres of fields, woodland and walking trails.
Share this holiday home
Chateau overview - owner's description
Chateau du Bonheur has been admired since the 19th Century, when it first took up its place as an impressive Maison de Maitre on 28 acres of fields, woodland and walking trails, just 35 minutes from Toulouse. Its legacy continues now as an elegant, newly restored modern home which embraces its past and all the character that it has offered this grand residence.
Original features such as high ceilings and windows, original shutters and magnificent fireplaces show off alongside their modern partners – state of the art bathrooms, a sleek kitchen and modern comforts. The clever touch of their designer means that the two styles live in perfect harmony to create a bright and inspiring setting with a hint of fun, which brings its guests pure joy.
Here, there is everything to make you never leave; trails for rambles, woodland to explore and a swimming pool for lazing around – your own peaceful and private retreat. But France's fourth city is only a 35-minute drive away. Vibrant Toulouse is a cosmopolitan city packed with historical, cultural and gastronomic delights. Closer to home, guests can explore local villages just 2-10 minutes away and find local shops and cafes. And for fun days out, they'll be spoiled for choice with a wakeboard park and go-karting nearby, the ‘Cite-Espace' just 40 minutes away and the Pyrenees mountains, visible from the chateau, just one hour away.
Chateau du Bonheur is an intoxicating mix of beautiful style and old-world charm offering peace and privacy in a countryside setting, yet within easy reach of a vibrant city and local attractions. Holidays here could only be happy holidays…le bonheur!
- Drawing Room (40m²) with huge windows, original 18th century marble fireplace and parquet flooring. Perfect for socializing.
- Library (20m²) with comfortable armchairs and plenty of books
- Salon (33m²) with TV, Netflix, sofa and old school drinks cabinet
- Fully equipped kitchen with ultra-modern steel worktops, two ovens, microwave, warming drawer, induction hob, toaster, breakfast table and log burning fire
- Utility room with washing machine, tumble dryer, dishwasher and large fridge-freezer
- Dining Room (36m²) with hand-crafted table seating 14 guests and secret door leading to the bureau and cloakroom
- Hallway & Cloakroom (105m²) with original geometric floor tiles
- Wine cellar/storage (in the basement)
- Master bedroom (40m²) with super sing size bed, walk in wardrobes and luxurious en-suite bathroom (21m²) with twin basins, mirrors and WC in the first room and claw foot bath and big shower with Hansgrohe fittings in the second room
- Bedroom 2 (40m²) with king size bed, walk in wardrobes and en-suite bathroom (shared with bedroom 7)
- Bedroom 3 (35m²) with king size sleigh bed, twin wardrobes and en-suite 'Jack and Jill' bathroom with freestanding claw foot bath (shared with bedroom 5)
- Bedroom 4 (35m²) with two double beds and 'Jack and Jill' en-suite bathroom (8m²) with Hansgrohe shower and freestanding wash bowl (shared with bedroom 6). Perfect for sharers or families.
- Bedroom 5 (10m²) with bunk beds, adjoining WC and wash basin. Ideal for younger guests or friends wishing to share space. Combined with bedroom 3, it can be used as a family suite.
- Bedroom 6 (8m²) with single bed. Ideal for single occupancy or younger guests. Combined with bedroom 4, it can be used as a family suite.
- Bedroom 7 (15m²) with double sofa bed, 40" flat-screen TV, Netflix and a PlayStation 4. This is a multi-purpose room that can be used either for sleeping or as a games room.
- 28 acres of meadows, lawns and woodland
- Private swimming pool (size: 12mx6m/depth:0.7m-2m/shape: rectangular) with completely fenced enclosure with lockable gate. Open from June to October.
- Shaded cabana
- Poolside terrace
- Weber gas barbecue
- Free on-site parking
- Soccer area
- Iron & Board
- 40" flat-screen TV with Netflix x2 (please note there is no broadcast service available
- PlayStation 4
- Board games
- Library of books
Set in 28 acres of beautiful lawns, meadows and woodland, there are walking trails on your doorstep and young adventurers can go wild in the woods. The closest village is a five minute drive away where you will find some local stores and the magnificent sixteenth century castle, restored to its former glory last century and now open to visitors.
In the other direction, around ten minutes away, is the medieval hilltop village of Le Fousseret where you will find a small selection of restaurants, cafes and a supermarket.
There is a great choice of fun family activities in the area such as the local Wakeboard Park which offers watersports such as paddle boarding plus beach volleyball, trampolining and petanque, all just twelve kilometres away. Go-karting for all ages is twenty minutes by car where you will find a modern outdoor go-kart for both children and adults to enjoy. Furthermore, space lovers must not miss the fantastic Cite-Espace, just on the outskirts of nearby Toulouse, a popular interactive attraction where you can discover real space craft and learn all about the universe.
The beauty of the Haute Garonne is yours to discover with pretty villages and towns such as nearby Carbonne and Cazares or a little further to the UNESCO World Heritage sites of Albi and Carcassone. Saint Bertrand de Comminges, often claimed to be one of the prettiest villages in France, is just under an hours drive, with its stunning cathedral and overlooked by the foothills of the Pyrenees. Keen walkers and cyclers should discover the Canal du Midi which has tow paths following the canal past beautiful countryside, bastides, bell towers and windmills.
One of the highlights of the area, however, has to be the cosmopolitan city of Toulouse, which you can easily drive to under an hour. ‘La Ville Rose', named because of the beautiful red-brick architecture in the city and pretty shades of pink, especially in the narrow cobbled streets of old town, is France's fourth largest city. Enjoy the excellent regional cuisine in one of the many lively bistros, take an aperitif overlooking the twinkling lights of the Garonne river or enjoy the Spanish influence in one of the many tapas bars across the city. In summer months you can take an hour long cruise and see the city from a barge on the Garonne and Canal du Midi.
For those looking for more peaceful retreats, the beautiful Pyrenees, which can be seen from the chateau, are within an hours drive. As well as pretty villages and stunning scenery, there is a wealth of activities available from snow-sports, hiking, mountain biking and white water rafting in the summer.
This chateau does not have any reviews but the agent has 8 reviews for their other properties.
This chateau is:
Prices and availability
Updated 11 November 2018
- Your booking
- Available start/end date
Select your travel dates on the calendar
Changeover days and minimum stays
- 12 November 2018 - 11 November 2021: the minimum stay is 4 nights.
Refundable Breakage Deposit
£1,000.00 per booking, paid locally
7 bedrooms, Sleeps 14
Internet / WiFi, TV, Satellite / cable
Central heating, Open fire