Domaine Des Fargues
Chateau with 11 bedrooms, 9 bathrooms and swimming pool in Le Buisson-de-Cadouin, France
Booking cost: £0.00
Pay onlybooking deposit
From £4,560 per week
Chateau to rent in Le Buisson-de-Cadouin, France
Chateau overview - owner's description
Take in breathtaking vistas of the Perigord Noir from the Domaine des Fargues, a French holiday rental nestled in the Dordogne Valley.
Take in breathtaking vistas of the Perigord Noir from the Domaine des Fargues, a French holiday rental nestled in the Dordogne Valley. The grounds feature a large swimming pool (14x7m) in an expansive lawn and two houses, the Manor House for 14 guests and the Grange for 10, perfect for families travelling together who want privacy too.
Built in 1664, the stone buildings covered in ivy have an authentic French character. Some rooms have exposed wooden beams or stone walls, but the bathrooms have modern fixtures, and you'll have access to a television as well as a library-salon with a selection of books and CDs catering to the most refined tastes.
Just 1 km from the village of Paleyrac, the Domaine des Fargues lies southwest of Sarlat, south of Perigueux and east of Bergerac. Enjoy the prehistoric sites, medieval castles, bastide towns and abbeys of the Dordogne. In this gastronomic hot-spot, you can arrange a special market trip to Sarlat to learn from an expert about buying and preparing local specialties, such as truffles, foie gras or confit.
Accessible by train from nearby Le Buisson, these classic French villas are 45 km from the Bergerac and Perigueux airports.
The Manor - 12 to 14 Persons
- 3 rooms with double beds
- 1 room with double and single bed
- 1 room with twin beds
- 1 room with single and pull-out bed
- 4 bathrooms with WC's
- Laundry room.
- Large kitchen with a cooker, microwave and fridge.
- Pantry with freezer
- Laundry room with shower and WC
- Dining Room
- Large and round tables
- Sofas around open-fire
- Library-Salon with a chimney, video, Hi-Fi and grand piano.
The Grange - 8 to 10 persons
2 rooms ground floor :
2 shower rooms/wc
2 first floor rooms
1 double + single
2 large bathrooms
Double basin / wc
1 independant room :
- American style kitchen.
- Swimming Pool (14m X 7m).
Domaine des Fargues is a charming property set in the South West of Sarlat. It is South of Perigueux and East of Bergerac, within the three towns which form the golden triangle of the Dordogne.
It is in the heart of the Black Perigord, the richest cultural region of the Dordogne, filled with prehistoric sites, medieval castles, the most beautiful bastide towns such as Monpazier and the celebrated abbeys such as Cadouin.
- Horse riding
- Music festivals
Access to Domaine des Fargues
- Le Buisson: 5 km.
- Paris direct via Limoges – Perigueux.
- TGV via Libourne – Bergerac.
- Bergerac and Perigueux: 45 km.
- Bordeaux: 120 km.
- Aeroclub a Belves: 5 km.
- Please contact Oliver's VIP Concierge Team for catering and services.
- Daily maid service for 2 hours.
- Swimming pool and ground maintenance.
At Additional Cost
- Discovering Perigord Cookery: A morning market visit to Sarlat - tasting and buying local produce , a tour of the medieval town upon return to the Domaine des Fargues, preparation of local specialities together for the formal dinner - participation for the day €46 euros.
This chateau does not have any reviews but the agent has 1 review for their other properties.
This chateau is:
Outside this chateau in Le Buisson-de-Cadouin, FranceThis chateau has a pool.
Prices and availability
Updated 22 August 2017
Select your travel dates on the calendar
Changeover days and minimum stays
- 24 June 2017 - 3 January 2020: the minimum stay is 2 nights.
Refundable Breakage Deposit
£917.68 per booking, paid locally
11 bedrooms, Sleeps 22
DVD/Blu-ray player, Internet / WiFi, TV, Satellite / cable
Open fire, Car hire optional