Le Jardin Secret
Villa with 4 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms and private pool in Laurac, the South of France
From £787 per week
Villa to rent in Laurac, the South of France
Le Jardin Secret has been blessed with a very special location near Carcassonne, in a small protected and historic Cathar hilltop village and surrounded by rolling hills of woods.
Share this holiday home
Villa overview - owner's description
Le Jardin Secret has been blessed with a very special location near Carcassonne, in a small protected and historic Cathar hilltop village and surrounded by rolling hills of woods, fields and wilderness which provide perfect walking paths with views of the Pyrenees, the Black Mountains and the Corbieres.
This historic village of only 150 inhabitants, was an important castle and was for a long time the capital of Lauragais and you can still see some of the remains of the old fortifications. The front door of this 18th-century house opens onto the village's Grande Rue, with all of about 12 houses. Indoors lies a beautifully restored and comfortable family home with stunning open views over the countryside. There are thick, stone walls keeping it fresh in the summer and there is a Jotul wood-burning stove in the living room, which has a fabulous, large South-facing terrace; pigeons bill and coo on the terrace and the birdsong is marvellous.
There is a separate charming and private garden enclosing the fabulous pool, sun terrace and shaded dining terrace and with its spectacular view, this area is truly idyllic.
Just 15 minutes away is the town of Castelnaudary, which has plenty of facilities, good restaurants and is also a major centre for the Canal du Midi. Whilst, most guests like to relax by the pool and on the terrace, there are plenty of walking trails nearby and there is plenty to do and see within easy driving distance, including good skiing only one and a half hours away.
Le Jardin Secret is one of those rare finds where history, beauty, nature and the personal touch of the owners, have created a haven of peace, tranquility and beautiful views in the sun-drenched Languedoc.
The villa is located over 3 floors with a separate private garden.
- Utility room with washing machine, tumble dryer, walk-in hot drying room. iron and ironing board
- Back door leading down the road to the garden and pool
- Large entrance hall with a selection of books
- Double bedroom (14m2) with hand basin and private bathroom across the landing
- Bathroom with bath/shower, wash basin and WC
- Double bedroom (16m2) with en-suite bathroom with bath, shower, wash basin and WC
- Twin or double bedroom (10m2) with en-suite bathroom with shower, wash basin and WC
- Twin or double bedroom (14m2) with en-suite bathroom with shower, wash basin and WC
Open-plan living space of 56m2 comprising of:
- Sitting area with comfortable sofas, armchairs, Jotul wood burning stove, plasma screen TV with UK channels, DVD player and a large selection of books.
- Dining area with large table for 10 guests with glass sliding doors opening up onto the terrace.
- Fully equipped kitchen with fridge, electric oven, microwave, electric hob, dishwasher, double sink and separate vegetable sink
- Large landing (14m2) with freestanding freezer and wine fridge
- Guests WC with wash basin
- Terrace with wooden table and chairs, reclining sun loungers and gas barbecue with views over the pool.
- Separate fully fenced private garden (30m from the house down an almost unused road)
- Private swimming pool (8x4.5m) surrounded by wooden decking, grass, flowers, trees and shrubs. There are reclining sun loungers, parasols, dining table, chairs and a fridge in the small garden cabin. Pool is open 1st May – 31st Oct (cooler months may not be suitable for swimming)
- Washing machine
- Tumble dryer
- Walk-in drying room
- Hairdryer in each bedroom
- Wood burning stove and logs
- Gas barbecue
- Satellite plasma screen TV
- DVD player
- DVD selection
- Eco-friendly electric radiators
- Private swimming pool (8x4.5m) open from May 1 to October 31 (cooler months may not be suitable for swimming)
- Off road parking
Le Jardin Secret is located in the hilltop village of Laurac in the Languedoc, close to the famous town of Carcassonne. With a population of about 150 in habitants, this charming village is a totally unspoilt and peaceful destination full of history and beauty. Castelnaudary is the nearest town (20mins away) with three large supermarkets, many bars and restaurants and many other shops, including a weekly market held on Mondays.
Within the surrounding area, there is much to see and explore on foot, by bicycle, in a canoe or kayak, or in the car. There are equestrian centres for horse riding in the local area. Similarly, bicycles can be hired in the nearby town of Bram. The cycle route along the Canal du Midi is ideal for all abilities and ages, making a perfect day out for the whole family with a picnic stop along the way! The Languedoc is abundant with hiking trails too, and exploring the region on foot is a lovely, leisurely method to discover the beauty of this region of France.
Vineyards sprawl across the land, and the famous region of Minervois is just beyond Carcassonne. Many local winemakers welcome groups for tours and tastings, and it is said that the best white wines from the South of France are produced here.
It goes without saying that the fortified city of Carcassonne is a must see, there are guided tours and medieval shows throughout the summer to entertain all visitors. There are also many of spectacular castles, abbeys and caves to visit in the area, especially the Grotte de Niaux with its pre-historic drawings.
Toulouse, known as ‘La Ville Rose' (the pink city) is a vibrant city full of history and culture with many cafes, restaurants, museums and shops. Mirepoix is only 20 mins away and has a beautiful market square and the town of Albi boasts formidable architectural features.
This villa does not have any reviews but the agent has 8 reviews for their other properties.
This villa is:
Outside this villa in Laurac, the South of FranceThis villa has a pool.
Prices and availability
Updated 14 November 2018
- Your booking
- Available start/end date
Select your travel dates on the calendar
Changeover days and minimum stays
- 15 November 2018 - 14 November 2021: changeover day is Saturday and the minimum stay is 7 nights.
Refundable Breakage Deposit
£875.21 per booking, paid locally
4 bedrooms, Sleeps 8
DVD/Blu-ray player, Internet / WiFi, TV, Satellite / cable
Central heating, Open fire