Chateau Des Nuits Blanches Estate
Chateau with 13 bedrooms, 15 bathrooms and private pool in Larressingle, the South of France
Booking cost: £0.00
Pay onlybooking deposit
From £19,944 per week
Chateau to rent in Larressingle, the South of France
Chateau overview - owner's description
Nowadays “the luxury of all luxuries” is silence and space in an exceptional environment, off the beaten track. Built during the 12th century, this family chateau is not a hotel.
Nowadays “the luxury of all luxuries” is silence and space in an exceptional environment, off the beaten track. Built during the 12th century, this family chateau is not a hotel, it's a "home away from home", overlooking the Gascogne hillside in the south west of France.
In the country of the Armagnac, foie-gras, d'Artagnan & the Three Musketeers, it is halfway between the Atlantic Ocean and the Mediterranean sea and one and a half hours away from Spain and the Pyrenees.
Surrounded by a 4 acre park with secular trees (and squirrels!), it overlooks the Gascony region known as the “French Tuscany” due to the beauty of its vineyards and hillsides. Bathed in the warmth of this unique property that has been in the same family for four generations, you will enjoy numerous antiques and heirlooms as well as a guarantee of privacy and discretion.
The chateau is the perfect backdrop for family reunions and holidays and offers accommodation for up to 50 guests (24 in a unique dormitory). It can also host private wedding parties. The excellent acoustics of its reception area created in the former 'chais' (once the cradle of a renowned Armagnac producer) can comfortably welcome up to 500 guests. This is a unique find in this region.
*Chateau Des Nuits Blanches is available for smaller groups of 27 guests. This option does not include the White Night Space and reception areas rental.
Interior: chateau + 2 apartments + 1 dormitory
The Chateau offers 1 “Suite du proprietaire”, 6 en-suite bedrooms, 2 separate independent fully equipped apartments with own private gardens and a dormitory.
- Dining room with seats up to 30 people adjacent to the Petit Sejour seating extra 15 people (there are sofas and armchairs available for use at tea time)
- Library and TV room: 3,000 books and800 movies (in French and in English) available on big screen.
- Bar with table football
- "Le Petit Jardin": a peaceful and quiet area, perfect for lunch in a sunny day.
- "Le Grand Salon": comfortable, warm and spacious room with a piano, a bar, games and large fireplace.
- Gym with training equipment
- Sauna seating 5 people, electric massage table, shower.
- The South-West Gite (32m2): king-size bed, ensuite bath/shower room (35m2), walk-in dressing room (27m2), park views, direct access to solarium and pool.
- The Grise Suite (21m2) with king-size bed/single beds, decorative marble fireplace, ensuite shower room (5m2) and adjacent study and boudoir (8m2).
- The Blanche Suite (25m2) with king-size bed, open plan bath and shower, separate toilet.
- The Cachemire Suite (25m2) with king-size, ensuite bathroom and private toilet.
- The Bleue Suite (35m2) with Luise XVI style king-size bed, one single bed, decorative marble fireplace, private bath/shower, separate WC.
- The Abricote Suite (22m2) with king-size bed/2 single beds, ensuite bath and shower, separate WC, decorative fireplace.
- The Triplex Gite (sleeps 4-5, with private garden, garden furniture and barbecue)
Ground Floor: open plan living/dining area, open plan fully equipped kitchen, sofa bed (sleeps 2), working fireplace,TNT TV, DVD player and music centre
Mezzanine: king-size bed/2 single beds (ideal for kids) - bathroom shared with Triplex Bedroom
- Triplex Bedroom with king-size bed/2 single beds with ensuite bath/shower room and WC
- Porche Bedroom with Louis XVI style bed, ensuite shower room, WC and balcony
- The North-East Gite (private garden, garden furniture and barbecue)
North Suite (ground floor): king-size double bed, living room with double sofa bed, working fireplace, TNT TV, DVD player and music centre, ensuite bathroom and toilet.
East Suite (first floor): 1 double bed/2 single beds, additional 140x200 bed, fully equipped kitchenette, living room, ensuite bathroom.
South Bedroom (ground floor): with king-size/2 single beds, TNT TV, bath/shower room, separate WC.
The White Night Space - pax 24
This surprisingly unusual dormitory has been especially created for our young guests. It is a unique space which can accommodate 24 people (6 double beds and 12 single beds. It includes 2 double showers, WCs as well as a nursery space for babies and young children with toys, a TV, a playpen, cots and a highchair.
- Satellite TVs
- DVD players
- Table tennis
- Table football
- Board games
- Guitars and grand pianos
- 4 wood burning fireplaces (ground floor)
- Roller skating in the chais, soccer in South.
- 15 mountain/all terrain bikes available.
- Heated Swimming pool: 12mx6m with power jet, lit at night, covered but no surveillance.
- Vegetable garden
- Rose garden
- Petanque area (lit at night)
For more than eight centuries the history of Gascony and the founder of the Chateau have been linked. It is situated in the south of beautiful Dordogne where the founder and his descendants, having settled in the southwest of France in the 12th century, left an indelible mark on the region throughout the four succeeding centuries. They were notably Crusaders or Consuls and actively participated in the construction of the villages' fortified manor (the oldest in Gascony). They are among key figures locally to whom we have to thank for today's legacy of fortified castles, cathedrals and colourful legends.
Later, in the 16th century, one of the descendants initiated his entourage into the rituals of Armagnac, one of the first eau-de-vie in France. At the beginning of the 20th century, the family of the present owner bought this domain and developed its own brand of Armagnac, which became a landmark in French gastronomy.
Around the Chateau, there is a range of outdoor activities, visits and excursions that include:
- Castelnau de Fources.
- Fortified villages of Larressingle.
- Collegiale de La Romieu.
- The Seviac gallo-roman villa (The most famous one in Europe).
- The numerous cathedrals and cloisters of the neighbouring towns.
- The Landes forest (the largest in Europe, created by Napoleon the 3rd).
- The Pyrenees, 1hr 30 by car.
- The Atlantic Ocean, with Biarritz, the Basque country and some of the world's best surfing spots (2hr).
- Bordeaux and Toulouse, cities (1hr 30).
- Foie gras markets (in season).
- Walks along signposted paths (St Jacques de Compostelle pilgrim route).
- Antique and flea markets.
Le Chateau des Nuits Blanches offers you a rare opportunity to truly experience an authentic stay in the very heart of the Armagnac, A.O.C. and learn all about the noble spirit, with Amanda Garnham, their very own bi-lingual connoisseur, who has 13 years of experience working for the
Bureau National Interprofessionnel de l'Armagnac.
The Chateau will tailor make itineraries to clients' wishes in order to offer them the most amazing experience based on the season and timing. Itineraries include Armagnac masterclasses and tastings, visits of the most beautiful villages and historical sites in Gascony and meals including local specialities.
Other activities can also be included, such as cookery lessons, private concerts and hot-air ballooning.
Please enquire for full details.
On request, the following services can be arranged:
- Daily maid service (at extra cost)
- Baby sitting service (at extra cost).
- Catering available using the services of the local chefs and cooks who can come to the chateau anytime you need them.
- Wine tasting and various workshops are available on demand.
- Floodlighting of the Chateau and parkland on request.
This is by no means an exhaustive list, so please just contact Oliver's VIP Concierge Team to help you arrange any of those little extras that can really make the difference.
This chateau does not have any reviews but the agent has 2 reviews for their other properties.
This chateau is:
Outside this chateau in Larressingle, the South of FranceThis chateau has a pool and a children pool.
Prices and availability
Updated 16 December 2017
Select your travel dates on the calendar
Changeover days and minimum stays
- 16 December 2017 - 31 December 2022: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
Refundable Breakage Deposit
£882.22 per booking, paid locally
13 bedrooms, Sleeps 50
DVD/Blu-ray player, Internet / WiFi, TV, Satellite / cable
Central heating, Open fire, Car hire optional
Hen or stag groups