Chateau De La Marquise Thesut
Chateau with 7 bedrooms, 14 bathrooms and swimming pool in Lans, France
Booking cost: £0.00
Pay onlybooking deposit
From £3,602 per week
Chateau to rent in Lans, France
Chateau overview - owner's description
The 19th Century Chateau de la Marquise Thesut sits in an exceptional position in the heart of Southern Burgundy, just a few minutes from Chalon-sur-Saone.
The 19th Century Chateau de la Marquise Thesut sits in an exceptional position in the heart of Southern Burgundy, just a few minutes from Chalon-sur-Saone. The property is set in a beautiful wooded parkland boasting ancient trees, an orchard and a heated swimming pool.
The Chateau de la Marquise Thesut houses 7 luxury bedrooms, each with an en-suite bathroom, a gym, a cosy living room with fireplace, a dining room and a fully equipped kitchen. All the living areas open out onto the pool terrace creating an extremely sociable space for all to enjoy.
A 200m drive through the apple orchard takes you to the chateau entrance and the spacious courtyard with space for 8 cars. Surrounded by hedges, greenery and century old trees, the chateau offers complete privacy to its guests.
The two round towers add to the charm of the place and will fascinate lovers of historic buildings. In the living room, the dining room and the bedrooms we have kept the period features including the original wooden parquet floors, the decorated ceilings, the fireplaces (logs provided), doors and windows. The bedrooms have been sound-proofed and a number of them also have air-conditioning. The decor and furnishings have been selected with utmost care and the result is a mix of traditional and contemporary styles.
The Chateau has 7 bedrooms, 4 doubles & 3 twins (the twins can all be converted to doubles). Two cots are also available. The 7 bedrooms each have their own en-suite bathroom. Stylish and fitted with your comfort in mind, each bathroom has a WC, a washbasin, and either a shower or bath. Each bathroom also has a heated towel rail. Towels and toiletries are provided on arrival. The chateau is not bothered by traffic or other noise and all the bedroom walls are sound-proofed to ensure your complete privacy.
Books, dvds & board games in the library are at your disposal during your stay. A large flat screen high definition television with satellite channels, a blu-ray DVD player plus a Playstation 3 will ensure evenings full of entertainment. The dining table can seat up to 14 people. The glasses, crockery and cutlery, all carefully selected, are at your disposal in the sideboard. The Chateau kitchen is fully equipped including: an oven, a microwave, a hob with 5 rings plus extractor fan, a dishwasher, 2 large refrigerators, a freezer, an electric coffee maker, a toaster and an electric kettle. Breakfast around the farmhouse table will turn your breakfast times into memorable affairs! An assortment of herbs, spices and condiments are also at your disposal as are dishwasher and washing machine products. 2 high chairs are available. We have wireless internet connection for your laptop computer in the living room.
The 12x6m pool is heated and treated with salt. An automatic cover is there for the safety of the little ones and helps maintain the water temperature when the pool is not in use. Spend hot afternoons lazing around the pool on one of the sunloungers. The garden table and chairs allow you to have lunch by the pool or dine outside on balmy summer evenings. A traditional charcoal fuelled barbecue is situated near the pool.
A gym is available for your use on the first floor of the Chateau. It is equipped with an exercise bike, a rowing machine, a weights machine, dumbells and mats.The wall mounted TV screen with DVD will make your workout more enjoyable! A spacious shower with massage jets is just next door in one of the round towers. A sauna and steam room will be available at the chateau from Christmas 2013.
Four bicycles and two child seats are available for you at no extra charge. 16 "petanque" boules can be found at the chateau in case you fancy a boules contest between friends!
Note: maximum capacity is 14 adults + 1 child + 2 babies
The nearest town to the chateau is St Marcel (2.5km away) which has a few shops. Chalon sur Saone and the Carrefour Hypermarket is 5km away. The historic town of Beaune is only 37km away and the wine route is 10km away.
Things to do:
- Museum of Photography – Chalon-sur-Saone (5 kms).
- Hospices de Beaune – Beaune (37 kms). Famous for their auction of wines each year.
- Chateau de Couches – Couches (32 kms). Clinging to its rock, the Chateau de Couches soars up amidst the green and rolling landscape of the vineyards of the ‘Cote Chalonnaise'. Today it is possible to visit the chapel, the prison and the square dungeon that goes back to the 12th century.
- Chateau de Cormatin – Cormatin (42 kms). Built in the 17th century on the remains of a 13th century castle, the Chateau de Cormatin is without a doubt one of the most elegant chateaux in Burgundy.
- The Herisson Falls – Jura (90 kms). Two streams join to make a series of waterfalls, each one more beautiful than the last.
- Cluny Abbey – Cluny (56 kms).
- Fun Park des Combes – le Creusot (45 kms).
- Green Way – Chalon-sur-Saone (4 kms). From Chalon-sur-Saone to Charnay-les-Macon, tens of kilometres of old railway track have been converted into a cycle track. Surrounded by rolling landscapes, alternating between vineyards and forest, this flat Green Way lends itself perfectly to cycling, rollerblading or simply walking! The track goes through several attractive villages and you can also admire sites such as Cluny and Cormatin from it.
Acrogivry – Givry (15 kms). At Givry, 6 hectares of oak trees are reserved for adventures in the tree tops. More than 18 circuits and 150 aerial games have been created for visitors from young children to really tough adventurers.
This chateau does not have any reviews.
This chateau is:
Outside this chateau in Lans, FranceThis chateau has a pool and a children pool.
Prices and availability
Updated 26 June 2017
Select your travel dates on the calendar
Changeover days and minimum stays
- 3 June 2017 - 4 January 2019: changeover day is Saturday and the minimum stay is 7 nights.
Refundable Breakage Deposit
£880.44 per booking, paid locally
7 bedrooms, Sleeps 14
7 bathrooms, 7 en suite bathrooms
DVD/Blu-ray player, Internet / WiFi, TV, Satellite / cable
Air conditioning, Central heating, Open fire, Car hire optional