Lafage, Lanquais, Dordogne
Farm house with 3 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms and swimming pool in Lanquais, France
Booking cost: £0.00
From £1,078 per week
Farm house to rent in Lanquais, France
Farm house overview - owner's description
Detached stone farmhouse in large private grounds with salt swimming pool. 1km shop, bar, restaurant. Sleeps 8 in three bed.
The village of Lanquais, (as featured in ‘The Most Beautiful Villages in the Dordogne’) is an ideal base for a villa holiday for exploring South West France. Located in the heart of the Dordogne, (Aquitaine region), it is within easy reach of Sarlat, Perigueux, Lascaux and Souillac. The house is in the Bergerac wine region and is only a short drive from St Emilion in the Bordeaux area. The medieval market town of Issigeac is also nearby.
In a small valley, away from any main roads, you will feel cut off from the outside world and yet be only 15 minutes drive from Bergerac airport, 2 hours from Bordeaux or three from Toulouse.
The village has a small shop, with a fresh bread delivery every morniing, and a superb, reasonably priced restaurant Les Marronnieres, which also has a friendly bar.. The nearest town is Lalinde, only about 5 min drive.
Lafage is an old stone farmhouse at the edge of the village (under 5 min walk away), straight across the valley from the medieval chateau. The house has been sympathetically modernised to retain centuries’ worth of character producing an exceptional french gite, with new and traditional blending to transform the cottage into a comfortable home from home.
The pool (11.5m x 5m with roman steps at one end) has a chlorine-free filtration system, and is for your exclusive use. The area around the pool is paved for sunbathing, with a patio at the end near the house. The pool area is laid to lawn, at the edge of a field and is not overlooked.
PRICES ARE ALL INCLUSIVE- Towels, linen pool towels etc.
Take advantage of our Concierge Service to raise your holiday to whole new level: book a massage by the pool, a beautician at your villa, a chef for a night, or book a babysitter, among other services.
NEW For April, May and June we will accept bookings starting and ending any day, with a minimum booking of 6 nights. Make the most of your holiday with discounted off-peak flights.
Lanquais- the area
The village of Lanquais is included in the book "Most Beautiful Villages in the Dordogne" with good reason. The Chateau has been one of the strongholds of Aquitaine since medieval times, and the village itself is typical of this part of South West France with its narrow streets and warm yellow sandstone buildings.
As a holiday destination, South West France is unrivalled, and Lanquais is typical of the region. It has a superb, reasonably priced restaurant with bar (Les Marronnieres) and its own small shop, with fresh bread and croissants delivered daily. There are countless interesting walks in the area and the Dordogne is known for its wide range of activities.
Lafage, our restored stone farmhouse set on spacious grounds, is at the edge of the village within walking distance of shop, restaurant, the Chateau, and the lake.
The Plan D’Eau de Lanquais is a freshwater lake with beach, swimming and boating (a charge applies).
The Chateau, is open to the public and well worth a visit, and the ‘Grange du Chateau’ acts as the location for concerts throughout the summer.
Supermarket shopping can be done in either Lalinde (10 min drive) or Bergerac (20 min away).
But this is the Perigord where food is taken very seriously and the smallest local shop will have all the makings of a gourmet meal. Within a short drive you will always find a town market where local producers gather to sell the best the region has to offer.
The Dordogne area itself is full of places to visit, from medieval Bastide towns and spectacular chateaux to prehistoric sites. Lanquais is located about half way between Sarlat and the main Bordeaux wine areas- so whether you want to wander through the streets and vineyards of St Emilion or visit the prehistoric caves of Lascaux they are all within an hour and a half’s drive.
A superb Championship golf course is within easy reach, and there are other 9 or 18 hole courses nearby. Riding, water-sports, tennis, fishing and canoeing are available at several locations along the Dordogne and the countryside is ideal for walking or cycling.
In the house you will find a comprehensive file of local amenities with listings and leaflets of the best the region has to offer. We also place at your disposal our small library of books of local interest.
This farm house has 10 verified reviews.
10 out of 10 people recommend staying here
This is a wonderful house, with a beautiful pool and garden. Set in a peaceful valley, but close to the little village. Extremely well equipped (even plastic kids crockery). Close to some lovely villages and markets. A perfect Dordogne holiday house.
Heaven on earth. Ill be back.
We were really pleased with every aspect of our recent holiday to this property. The booking process, directions to property and key collection were very easy and user friendly. The property itself was beautiful and very clean. The facilities and garden area were a pleasure to spend time in and it was well equipped for any kind of holiday. An all round hit! Thank you.
The location is excellent, within easy reach of everyday requirements like eating places, provisions, postal services, etc., and also within easy travelling distance of numerous places of interest. The property combines seclusion and privacy with convenience of access, and without being remote.
The housekeeper(s) and gardener were discreet to the point of being invisible, and while in principle we welcomed this, we wonder whether one of the housekeepers shouldn't put in a brief appearance at the start of a stay to check with new arrivals that all is well. If so, this could be advised in the joining instructions issued to guests, who could leave a note of any problems if they intended to be away at the time of the proposed meeting.
A beautiful gite in a wonderful part of the Dordogne. A secluded pool and very quiet surroundings, generally. Gite is very well equipped, although those with children should note that there is no highchair.
This farm house is:
Sights and attractions
Outside this farm house in Lanquais, FranceThis farm house is in a village and in a quiet area. It has a pool, a balcony, a barbecue, outside lighting and a garden. Car hire is necessary as the renter will need a car to get about for shopping, eating out and the beach; however parking is available if required.
Prices and availability
Updated 19 October 2016
Select your travel dates on the calendar
Changeover days and minimum stays
- 14 March - 7 April 2017: changeover day is Saturday and bookings must be for whole weeks only.
- 8 April - 2 June 2017: changeover day is Saturday and the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 3 June - 25 August 2017: changeover day is Saturday, bookings must be for whole weeks only and the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 26 August - 1 September 2017: changeover day is Saturday and the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 2 September - 21 October 2017: changeover day is Saturday, bookings must be for whole weeks only and the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 22 October - 27 October 2017: changeover day is Saturday and bookings must be for whole weeks only.
- 14 March - 26 August 2018: changeover day is Saturday and bookings must be for whole weeks only.
- 2 October - 27 October 2018: changeover day is Saturday and bookings must be for whole weeks only.
- 14 March - 26 August 2019: changeover day is Saturday and bookings must be for whole weeks only.
Early booking discounts
- Arrive between 1 April - 31 May and receive 15% off if the booking is made 9 months before the arrival date.
- Arrive between 1 April - 31 May and receive 10% off if the booking is made 6 months before the arrival date.
- Arrive between 1 June - 31 August and receive 10% off if the booking is made 9 months before the arrival date.
- Arrive between 1 September - 30 September and receive 10% off if the booking is made 6 months before the arrival date.
- Arrive between 1 September - 30 November and receive 15% off if the booking is made 9 months before the arrival date.
Late booking discounts
- Arrive between 2 May - 4 July and receive 15% off if the booking is made within 9 weeks of the arrival date.
- Arrive between 1 August - 5 September and receive 20% off if the booking is made within 4 weeks of the arrival date.
Long stay discounts
- Arrive between 1 April - 30 June and receive £173.37 off if the booking is for 3 weeks or more.
- Arrive between 1 April - 30 June and receive £346.74 off if the booking is for 4 weeks or more.
- Arrive between 1 September - 31 October and receive £346.74 off if the booking is for 4 weeks or more.
- Arrive between 1 September - 31 October and receive £173.37 off if the booking is for 3 weeks or more.
If more than one discount matches your arrival date, please be aware that only one discount of the highest amount will be applied to your booking.
Excess cleaning- will not apply to most guests House should be left clean and tidy and only need basic cleaning (hoovering/ dusting / floors) for next client. All bins must be emptied. Fridge must be emptied. No food remnants should be left on cooker, cooking utensils, crockery or cutlery. No food or rubbish left in rooms. All furniture, equipment and fittings must be left in correct place., Indoor bedding or furniture etc will not have been used outdoors or require extra cleaning.
per person per hour cleaning, paid locally
3 bedrooms, Sleeps 8:
- 1 double bed and en suite
- 2 single beds
- 2 single beds
There is also 1 cot
2 bathrooms, 1 en suite bathroom, 2 Separate WC's
CD player, DVD/Blu-ray player, Internet / WiFi, Radio, TV Languages in English, Local, Satellite / cable
Living area seats 7, Dining area seats 10, Open fire, Clothes drier, Hair dryer, Iron / board, Towels / linen, Washing machine, Car hire essential
Cooker, Crockery, Cutlery, Dishwasher, Fridge, Freezer, Glassware, Kettle, Microwave, Oven, Pots / pans, Toaster
Balcony or terrace, Barbecue, Outside lighting, Parking, Private garden
One of the bedrooms is a large family/ childrens bedroom with one double and two twin beds. Note- low ceiling beams in this room From the windows and gardens and pool of the property, views extend along a valley,mixed agricultural and forested across to a medieval chateau and down to the village.
Private Owner From Dublin, Ireland Member since Jul 2005
Past bookings: 45 bookings
Response rate: 100%
Response time: within 10 minutes
Last logged in: a day ago
Number of properties: 1