Villa with 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and swimming pool in France
Booking cost: £0.00
From £911 per week
Villa to rent in France
Villa overview - owner's description
Your family holiday should feel like home, only better. At this villa in Dordogne the owners will welcome you warmly to Jaumarie, a comfortable, cottage-style retreat.
Your family holiday should feel like home, only better. At this villa in Dordogne the owners will welcome you warmly to Jaumarie, a comfortable, cottage-style retreat. Tall windows and white painted beams overhead brighten the open living, kitchen, and dining area. Every room in the house retains an Old World feel, with stone walls and brick fireplace facades from long ago. Outside, the walled patio creates an intimate pool and dining area. The shaded terrace hosts a dining table that seats 6, meanwhile the chef of the group will be experimenting with the classic brick oven.
Friday is market day in the neighboring town of Riberac, also known for many exquisite Romanesque churches. The other nearby town, Saint Astier, has a market full of fresh local foods every Thursday. A refreshing way to explore the nearby towns is on one of the bicycles provided at the villa.
A little farther afield, Perigueux (30 km) has heaps of historical interest - it's the site of many Roman ruins and an archaeology museum that history buffs will adore. The nearest airport is in Bergerac (44 km) - if you fly in here don't leave right away! Dozens of world-class wineries await.
- Entrance into open-plan kitchen
- Dining Room
- Living Room
- 1 double bedroom with shower room
- Separate WC
- Terrace and back hallway leading to pool area
- 1 double bedroom
- 1 family bedroom with double bed and extra single bed
- Shower rooms
Heatable pool with ladder steps and alarm system (size: 6.5x3 m / depth: 1.2-1.5 m)
- Enclosed pool area
- Built-in BBQ
- Covered terrace
- Astra Satellite TV
- High chair and cot
- Gas hob
- Electric oven
- Washing Machine
- 5 bikes
- Air conditioning and heating units are newly available
Jaumarie is well-located halfway between St. Astier and Riberac, lovely archaic market towns in the department of Dordogne.
Further interesting towns standing out for their traditions and architecture and located within a driving distance include Periguex and Brantome.
Recognised as being one of the most beautiful areas in France, it boasts an eclectic range of attractions ranging from exquisite local cuisine to outdoor pursuits such as bicycling or canoeing.
Local Activities and Amenities
Public tennis court:
- Tennis Club CAP, Perigueux Tel : .
- Tennis Copo, Perigueux Tel : . Chateau l'Eveque, details at the Mairie, Tel :
- Golf in Marsac near Perigueux, 29k's approx. Tel :
- Le Lac de Jemaye at 14k's approx
L'Etang du Rosier, St. Paul de Serre, at 23k's, jet ski, pedalos, motor-trikes, waterslide, mini hovercraft and Paintball, Tel : .
- Brantome Canoes, Tel : ,
- Les Canoes du Moulin, Lisle, Tel : , Canoes Bourdeilles Loisirs, Tel :
- USN Canoe, Neuvic sur l'Isle, Tel :
Beach: le Lac de Jemaye
- Lac de Jemaye.
- L'Etang du Rosier.
- River l'Isle
- Cycles Spad'Zone, Brantome. Tel :
- Etrier du Perigord, Champcevinel, near Perigueux, at 29k's approx, Tel : .
- Equitation et Centre Hippiques haras de Madreuil, Villetoureix, near Riberac at 17k's approx, Tel : .
- Ecuries de la Borde, La Roche Chalais, Tel :
Local produce market:
- Lisle, Tuesday.
- La Tour Blanche, Wednesday.
- St. Astier, Thursday. Riberac, Friday. Perigueux, Saturday.
- Brantome/Sorges, Sunday
- La Palombier, St. AStier, Tel : .
- La Calzone, St. Astier, Tel : .
- Le Chapeau Rouge, St. Astier, Tel :
- 2 chemists in St. Astier, Tel : or
- Several in St. Astier. Bayon, Christopher, Tel : .
- Charrut, Jean, Tel : .
- Ferrer, Francois, Tel :
- 3 banks in St. Astier
- St. Astier
- Perigueux, Tel :
Tourist attractions :
- 'L'Appel de la Foret' suitable for little Tarzans, and bigger ones, at Thenon, 60k's approx, Tel :
- Centre de Vol a Voile Perigord, Bassillac at 36k's approx - visit the Dordogne from the sky, Tel :
- Brantome at 39k's, 'Le Venise du Perigord', just a charming little town, surrounded by the River Dronne.
- Perigueux at 32k's - Gallo/Roman and Rennaissance town with architectural features, museums and pedestrian ways.
Public Gardens to visit :
- Les Jardins de l'Imaginaire, Terrasson. Tel : .
- Les Jardins de l'au-dela, Brantome.
- Jardins de l'abbaye, Brantome. Free visit
- Jardins du Chateau de Hautefort, Hautefort. Tel :
- Jardin du Chateau de Jumilhac, Jumilhac le Grand. Tel :
- Jardin du Chateau de Mellet, Neuvic sur l'Isle. Tel :
- 'Le Village', Chateau Leveque, Tel : .
- Le Reservoir, Perigueux, Tel : , live pop and rock gigs.
This villa does not have any reviews.
Outside this villa in FranceThis villa has a pool.
Prices and availability
Updated 27 April 2017
Select your travel dates on the calendar
Changeover days and minimum stays
- 1 March 2017 - 1 March 2019: changeover day is Saturday and the minimum stay is 7 nights.
Refundable Breakage Deposit
£846.38 per booking, paid locally
3 bedrooms, Sleeps 7
Internet / WiFi, TV, Satellite / cable
Car hire optional