Chateau with 7 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms in Iris 5, France
Booking cost: £0.00
Pay onlybooking deposit
From £7,580 per week
Chateau to rent in Iris 5, France
Chateau overview - owner's description
Find yourself plunged into the world of the French aristocracy at Chateau D'alsace, a stunning 17th century mansion near Paris. Originally the residence of the Duke of Noailles.
Find yourself plunged into the world of the French aristocracy at Chateau D'alsace, a stunning 17th century mansion near Paris. Originally the residence of the Duke of Noailles, Marshal of France under the reign of Louis XIV, the property was built in 1649 by the famous architect Mansart, also responsible for the design of the Chateau de Versailles. Enjoy a tree-lined garden, a rarity so close to Paris, with spaces for sunbathing and al fresco dining.
In an estate combining modern elegance and traditional decor, Chateau D'alsace accommodates 11 guests in 7 bedrooms over 4 floors. Complimentary services include cleaning, linen and towel service, and concierge on site. Gather together in several lounges, including a large space with a fireplace and grand piano that opens up to the garden, and another with a TV.
Situated in the heart of Saint Germain en Laye, a small and safe town, the chateau is a short walk from the historic town centre. Experience authentic French cuisine at Cazaudehore la Forestière (2 km), and take the train into Paris for a day of sightseeing and art appreciation.
This exceptional mansion is 45-60 km from the Paris airport, via the A1/A86 or the N104/N184.
The property is on 4 floors. On the ground floor you will find:
- A large lounge opening onto the garden, with piano and fireplace
- A relaxation area with table-football
- A beautiful dining room
- A fully equipped kitchen (table, chairs, oven, microwave, gas cooker, fridge, freezer, dishwasher and all necessary kitchen utensils)
- An office with a single bed
On the three further floors, you will find:
- A bathroom with a bathtub and a separate WC on each floor
- A bedroom with a king size bed and large dressing room
- Three bedrooms with double beds (one with 2 singles that can be put together)
- 2 bedrooms with single beds (one of which is a sofa bed)
- A lounge with a TV
- A laundry room equipped with a washing machine and a tumble dryer
On the ground floor, the rooms open onto a large tree-lined garden, an exceptional asset in the heart of Saint Germain en Laye and especially so close to Paris. As well as being nice to look at, the garden is also very well equipped. It contains high-quality garden furniture (1 wrought iron table and 10 chairs, as well as one table and 3 chairs in teak), a ping pong table, chaises longues, and football nets for young and old alike. The garden is very large and offers a welcome retreat from the hectic bustle of life in this little historic town and from the buzz of Paris.
This beautiful mansion is ideally located in the town of Saint Germain en Laye. Nestled in a sleepy residential area, just outside of the city centre, 5 minutes' walk from the RER A station, and 15 minutes from the suburban L train line. You'll also find lots of shops in the area, a Monoprix supermarket to do your food shopping, bars and restaurants. Although Saint Germain en Laye is a small town, it is nonetheless very dynamic and chic and is renowned as being one of the safest areas in France (the crime rate here is very low).
There are numerous activities are available including:
- A stroll through the historic town centre is an absolute must. This town is perfect for wandering around its charming little streets. - The chateau, the former home of the Kings of France and the current national museum of archaeology, is an architectural gem, protected as a historic document. It boasts huge French style gardens, designed by Andre Le Notre.
- A vast forest where the Fete des Loges takes place every year.
- Many other points of interest. Saint Germain en Laye also boasts the advantage of being located just outside of Paris. Using the RER A, you can easily reach the biggest hubs of the capital in no time at all:
- La Defense in 15 minutes
- The Arc de Triomphe and the Champs Elysees in 20 minutes
- The Opera in 25 minutes
- Chatelet in 25 minutes
- The Gare de Lyon in 30 minutes
- Vincennes and its chateau in 35 minutes
- Disneyland Paris in 1h15 The royal town of Versailles is also nearby; you can admire the stunning palace and the historic town centre in just 30 minutes with a direct bus.
- Bike, scooter and vehicle hire for your holidays
- Reservations for your sightseeing and cultural visits
- Chef on demand or delivery by order
- Reservations for your leisure and sports activities
- Minibar system integrated into the property
- Airport transfers / Train station transfers possible upon request
- Purchase of regional products and fresh produce.
This chateau does not have any reviews but the agent has 2 reviews for their other properties.
This chateau is:
Prices and availability
Updated 18 October 2017
Select your travel dates on the calendar
Changeover days and minimum stays
- 1 February 2017 - 4 January 2025: the minimum stay is 2 nights.
Refundable Breakage Deposit
£892.78 per booking, paid locally
7 bedrooms, Sleeps 12
DVD/Blu-ray player, Internet / WiFi, TV, Satellite / cable
Open fire, Car hire optional