Chateau De Jonquier
Chateau with 8 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms and private pool in Honguemare-Guenouville, France
Booking cost: £0.00
Pay onlybooking deposit
From £5,432 per week
Chateau to rent in Honguemare-Guenouville, France
Chateau overview - owner's description
At this chateau in Normandy, modern New York design meets classic French elegance.
At this chateau in Normandy, modern New York design meets classic French elegance. You'll instantly see why this chic 17th century chateau has been featured on the covers of Maison Normandes and Elle Decor.
The sunny interior has been expertly designed, with stylish sitting areas throughout the house where you can relax, have a chat, and gaze out towards the banks of the Seine.
Outside you'll marvel at the beauty of the arbor - where 10 can dine together under the grape leaves. A stone's throw away is the chateau's private swimming pool surrounded by comfortable loungers. If you want to explore beyond the grounds, borrow a bicycle and take a ride through the countryside. You can also opt for a day of golfing, or exploring the bakeries and markets of the local villages.
A 40 minute drive will take you to the capital of the Normandy region, Rouen (35 km). This medieval city holds historic and artistic treasures, like works by Monet at Musee des Beaux-Arts de Rouen. Indeed, Monet's own gardens at Giverny are just an hour's drive from the chateau. With Paris and the D-Day beaches each only 2 hours away, northern France is at your fingertips.
Chateau de Jonquier is a self catering castle covering 8000 sq. ft. The interior is luxuriously furnished.
The kitchen comes fully equipped with a coffee maker, toaster, hob, microwave, 4 ring stove, iron and board, blender, coffee grinder, spices, stove top burners, grill, cooking utensils, dish washer, refrigerator, freezer, oven, washing machine and clothes dryer.
The living room provides comfy seating for 14 people and a fireplace. The dining room provides further seating for 8 people and a child's highchair.
The property has 3 bathrooms:
- Bathroom One: WC, Combination Tub/Shower.
- Bathroom Two: WC, Shower.
- Bathroom Three: WC, Shower.
Each floor has a bathroom.
There are 8 bedrooms to sleep 17 people:
- Bedroom One: LA Chambre Chinois - 1 queen, canopy.
- Bedroom Two: Study - 2 twin/single.
- Bedroom Three: La Chambre Rose - 2 twin/single.
- Bedroom Four: La Chambre Cigale - 1 queen.
- Bedroom Five: La Chambre Blanche et Noir - 1 queen.
- Bedroom Six: La Chambre Amande - 5 twin/single.
- Bedroom Seven: La Chambre Perle - 1 Queen.
- Bedroom Eight: Library Room - 1 double.
The property has a great family layout, 2 floors of bedrooms and bathrooms that are ideal to accommodate separate families on each floor.
- Ground Floor: Library - 1 double bed.
- First Floor: La Chambre Chinois, La Chambre Rose and La Chambre Cigales.
- Second Floor: La Chambre Amande adjoins La Chambre Blanche et Noir. La Chambre Perle and Play Room.
All the bedrooms are extremely spacious and come with sofa's/sets of chairs and all have fabulous views of the surrounding landscape. Most bedrooms have 3-4 traditional french windows.
Conveniently located one hour from Paris via the A13. The chateau sits between historic Rouen and the luxurious beaches of Deauville.
Convenient to all Normandy attractions:
- D-Day Beaches
- Monet's gardens
- Champs de Bataille golf and chateau
- Mont St Michel
- Bayeux tapestry
- Local french villages with daily markets
- Garden tours
- Farming countryside for quiet walks and biking, cafes and friendly locals
- Near multiple Michelin recognized restaurants
- Security deposit 1,000 euros. This is paid 2 weeks before arrival please contact the owner for details. It will be refunded in full after departure subject to damage inspection.
- Linen & towels: All linen and bath towels are included in the rental price.
- Energy costs: Included in the rental price.
- End of stay cleaning: Included. Please leave the property in the state that you found it.
- Arrival time: 5pm onwards.
- Departure time: 9am.
- Pets: Please enquire prior to booking.
- Smoking: No smoking in the property.
- Swimming Pool: The swimming pool is heated to 28 degrees throughout the summer. It is approximately 6 x 13 m.
- It is recommended that all guests take out insurance to cover against potential cancellation and any accidental damage caused during your stay at the property.
This chateau does not have any reviews but the agent has 2 reviews for their other properties.
This chateau is:
Outside this chateau in Honguemare-Guenouville, FranceThis chateau has a pool and a children pool.
Prices and availability
Updated 11 December 2017
Select your travel dates on the calendar
Changeover days and minimum stays
- 12 December 2017 - 13 May 2024: the minimum stay is 5 nights.
Refundable Breakage Deposit
£882.02 per booking, paid locally
8 bedrooms, Sleeps 16
DVD/Blu-ray player, Internet / WiFi
Central heating, Open fire, Car hire optional