Chateau Belle Vie
Chateau with 12 bedrooms and 11 bathrooms in Hallines, France
Booking cost: £0.00
Pay onlybooking deposit
From £4,730 per week
Chateau to rent in Hallines, France
Chateau Belle Vie has always been about the good life. It was built in the 1880s by a wealthy family as a home where they could entertain in grand style. Not surprisingly.
Share this holiday home
Chateau overview - owner's description
Chateau Belle Vie has always been about the good life. It was built in the 1880s by a wealthy family as a home where they could entertain in grand style. Not surprisingly, the reception rooms are the highlight of the house. Most have intricate wood paneling, all have views of the garden and the dining room still has the original table, which can extend to seat up to 30 lucky bon vivants.
The new owners had a similar dream: to restore the chateau to its former grandeur and create a spectacular holiday and wedding venue offering an intoxicating mix of both elegance and fun for all guests, from children to grandparents. And all of this so close to the UK!
Besides the elegance of the bedrooms, the grand dining room and the impressive entrance hall with grand staircase, the chateau also offers entertaining touches like indoor mini-tennis, a snooker room, table tennis and even an indoor trampoline room. The setting is tranquil and idyllic, in four hectares of gardens and woodland, with the River Aa running through the grounds.
As well as being an easy journey away from the UK, Chateau Belle Vie is also on the edge of a lovely village and just 400 meters from the village boulangerie. The village also has a cafe and a pharmacy.
The area has attractions galore: local markets, shopping, cathedrals, war museums and important sites and even the lovely beaches of the Opal Coast. Saint Omer, with all amenities as well as its well-known golf course, is only 10 minutes away and Dunkirk is also within easy reach.
Thanks to this magnificent restoration, Chateau Belle Vie is once again the perfect setting for memorable and entertaining gatherings of friends and family, who are celebrating a special vacation or just celebrating ‘la belle vie'.
Chateau Interior - 4 levels
- Entrance hall
- Snooker room
- Guest W.C.
- Fully equipped kitchen with kitchen table (seats: 12), large range cooker, 2 fridge/freezers, chest freezer, hob, oven, microwave, 2 dishwashers, Nespresso machine
- Dining room (seats: 30)
- 2 sitting rooms
- Library with home cinema and satellite TV
- 9 bedrooms
- 8 bathrooms
- 3 bedrooms
- 3 bathrooms
- Games room with table tennis and table football
- High-ceiling playroom with full-size trampoline
- TV room with Playstation and DVD collection
Bedrooms and Bathrooms
- 12 bedrooms: 1 with super king size bed, 7 with king size beds, 3 with twin single beds, 1 with four single beds and 1 double room
- 11 bathrooms: 10 en-suite bathrooms, 1 shower room
- 4 hectares of lawn and woodland
- Stables with indoor mini-tennis court
- Parking space
- Barbecue area
- Outdoor seating area for up to 20
- Central heating and logs
- Working fireplace
- Satellite TV
- DVD player with large collection of Blu-rays and DVDs
- 2 music systems
- Play Station 3
- Mini-tennis court with rackets
- Indoor trampoline (5m)
- Snooker table
- Table tennis
- Games room with table tennis and table football
- 8 bikes
- Large gas BBQ
- Washing machine
- Tumble dryer
- Iron & ironing board
Chateau Belle Vie sits on the edge of a quiet village with a local bakery, whilst lovely Saint Omer, only 10 minutes away, is where guests will find other essentials as well as an excellent golf course.
This part of France is rich in history, cathedrals, war museums and important sites, markets and shopping. Dunkirk is nearby and the lovely beaches of the Opal Coast are just a 45-minute drive away.
Other must-see towns are Boulogne-sur-Mer, Le Touquet and Wimereux.
Within easy reach of Chateau Belle Vie are Tournehem and Clairmarais Forests, which are perfect for walking, cycling and picnics.
This chateau does not have any reviews but the agent has 4 reviews for their other properties.
This chateau is:
Outside this chateau in Hallines, FranceThis chateau has a tennis court.
Prices and availability
Updated 14 September 2018
- Your booking
- Available start/end date
Select your travel dates on the calendar
Changeover days and minimum stays
- 21 September - 20 December 2018: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 21 December 2018 - 3 January 2019: the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 4 January - 20 December 2019: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 21 December 2019 - 3 January 2020: the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 4 January - 18 December 2020: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 19 December 2020 - 1 January 2021: the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 2 January - 14 September 2021: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
Refundable Breakage Deposit
£1,000.00 per booking, paid locally
12 bedrooms, Sleeps 26
DVD/Blu-ray player, Internet / WiFi, TV, Satellite / cable
Central heating, Open fire