Chateau Granges Dans
Chateau with 8 bedrooms, 8 bathrooms and swimming pool in Granges-d'Ans, France
Booking cost: £0.00
Pay onlybooking deposit
From £6,615 per week
Chateau to rent in Granges-d'Ans, France
Chateau overview - owner's description
Chateau Granges Dans has been built on ruins dating from the 15th century, and was completely renovated in 2011.
Chateau Granges Dans has been built on ruins dating from the 15th century, and was completely renovated in 2011. The castle is for rent the whole year; up to 16 people can stay in an authentic setting with all modern comforts.
Chateau Granges Dans is positioned on a hill, overlooking the farmlands, forests and nut trees. This beautiful castle is situated in the Dordogne, close to the famous Chateau de Hautefort in the Perigord Noir.
A day in Chateau Granges Dans begins with breakfast on the terrace overlooking the valley with walnut trees. On a hot summer day, reading in your hammock, you can enjoy the fully fenced, park with rare, century-old trees. The swimming pool offers a well-deserved break from the heat. In the evening you can enjoy the culinary gems of this region, bought on one of the many charming local markets, such as truffles, duck, foie gras, beef, walnuts, mushrooms and fine wines.
When you are looking for a special and luxurious holiday rental for your family or a group of friends, a “pied a terre” to explore the region, a quiet place to re-energise or a unique location for a special event, Chateau Granges Dans is the ideal vacation home.
The renovation of Chateau Granges Dans has been done with respect for the authentic elements: century-old oak wooden floors, chimneys with majestic mirrors, fine handcrafted moulures and woodwork. At the same time all modern comforts have been integrated seamlessly, with each room having its own unique en suite bathroom.
- Small and Large living room, with library
- Dining room with long table to seat 14 guests with spectacular views of the terrace and the surroundings
- Media room with TV, DVD player and DVD library
- Fully equipped kitchen - equipped with a state-of-the-art industrial kitchen island and kitchen table for 14 guests. (Equipment includes 2 induction hobs, oven, fridge/freezer, dishwasher, coffee machine, microwave, toaster & cooking equipment).
- Six double bedrooms with en-suite bathroom and toilet, one of which also includes an additional single bed.
- Two double attic rooms below the amazing wooden beams, each with an en-suite bathroom.
- 12x5m private heated salt-water swimming pool with security gates.
- Large terraces on the East and South for breakfast and dining (with BBQ) with spectacular views of the surrounding area.
- Table Tennis
- Children's Bikes
- Ceramic classes (on request)
- Pool Toys
While Chateau Granges Dans is located near many places of interest and touristic attractions, it offers complete quiet for a relaxing holiday.
Redon is only 10 minutes away from Chateau de Hautefort, the largest and most prestigious castle in the Perigord Noir. In half an hour you can visit the valley of the Vezere, classified since 1979 as UNESCO world heritage. In Lascaux, the best known cave, you can visit the famous prehistoric wall paintings.
In 45 minutes you find yourself in Sarlat-La-Caneda, founded in the 9th century, with a beautifully renovated centre, cosy streets, terraces and markets.
Worth a day-trip are St-Jean-de-Cole, with its lovely waterfalls and Chateau, Sorges with its "Maison de la Truffe", Brantome with its majestic abbey near the water and Thiviers with the "Foie Gras" museum.
For people fond of an active holiday, in the surroundings of Redon there are many options for those who like the wilderness: hiking, horse-riding, biking or canoeing on the many rivers.
The Oliver's Concierge Team is available to help you arrange any of those little extras that can really make the difference. For example:
- Maid service/extra cleaning
- Private chef/cook/catering
- Welcome hamper/pre-stocked fridge
- Local day-trips or tours
- Airport transfers
- Babysitting/childcare services
Simply fill in the concierge request form or contact the Oliver's Concierge Team.
Extras available at this property:
- Daily maid service included (4 hours/day)
- Daily garden and pool maintenance included
- Car hire
- Fridge stocking
- Reservations (golf, restaurants, local attractions, wine tours, truffieres), wine tasting and much more!
Please note that all services are subject to availability and must be requested in advance and that due to some rural/remote locations, not all services will be available at all properties. Prices are on request.
We will always do our best to fulfil your requests!
The property can sleep up to 22 guests; 16 guests in 8 bedrooms with an additional 3 extra adult beds, 1 child bed and 2 cots. The price for each extra adult bed is of €30/night. The child bed and cots are available free of charge.
This chateau does not have any reviews.
This chateau is:
Outside this chateau in Granges-d'Ans, FranceThis chateau has a pool and a children pool.
Prices and availability
Updated 16 August 2017
Select your travel dates on the calendar
Changeover days and minimum stays
- 1 July - 1 September 2017: changeover day is Saturday and the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 2 September - 15 December 2017: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 16 December 2017 - 1 January 2018: changeover day is Saturday and the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 2 January - 29 June 2018: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 30 June - 31 August 2018: changeover day is Saturday and the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 1 September - 14 December 2018: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 15 December 2018 - 1 January 2019: changeover day is Saturday and the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 2 January - 28 June 2019: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 29 June - 30 August 2019: changeover day is Saturday and the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 31 August - 13 December 2019: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 14 December - 31 December 2019: changeover day is Saturday and the minimum stay is 7 nights.
Refundable Breakage Deposit
£912.58 per booking, paid locally
8 bedrooms, Sleeps 16
8 bathrooms including 8 en suites
DVD/Blu-ray player, Internet / WiFi, TV, Satellite / cable
Central heating, Car hire optional