Cottage with 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms in Gennes-Val-de-Loire, France
Booking cost: £0.00
Pay onlybooking deposit
From £449 per week
Cottage to rent in Gennes-Val-de-Loire, France
L'Ombrière is a charming well equipped 200 year old cottage overlooking the Loire. Just 12 Km from Saumur it is ideal for exploring the Chateaux of the Loire and the many other nearby attractions.
Share this holiday home
Cottage overview - owner's description
This enchanting self-catering cottage occupies an elevated position with views over the Loire 100 m away. Approached through automatic gates there is spacious parking to the rear. A small cliff behind with woods above (accessible) provide a totally secluded patio area with tables, chairs, parasol and gas BBQ.
It sleeps 6 in comfort but there are beds for 9 - see below.
The cottage has been fitted out to a very high standard as a second home with new kitchen with full cooker & dishwasher, luxury tiled bathroom with shower over bath, separate WC, spacious living room with open fireplace, dining room, twin bedroom. Upstairs 2 double bedrooms, one with mezzanine over with miniature staircase to sleep a child, the other with luxury en-suite shower room & WC. The large landing provides a second living area with 2 sofas one of which converts to sleep 2. The downstairs facilities make it suitable for disabled or wheelchair users. Wireless Internet Access is available free.
We bought a house in the Loire because we love the area. There is a fantastic amount to do - a great zoo, gardens, children attractions, canoeing, museum, horse displays (le Cadre Noir at Saumur). We are still discovering new things after 10 years. We can get there in one day from home in the Midlands (12 hours door to door via Calais). It is the first region going south that has a significantly better climate than England and is a great area to indulge our passion for hot-air ballooning. It is so good for this (friendly farmers, great scenery) that the British National Championships have twice been held in the area along with the European Championships. The house ticked all the boxes - full of character, great location in a small village with friendly locals but amenities - shops restaurants etc all within easy reach.
The area is ideal for walking with a beautiful lake only a couple of km away. Fishing's available in the loire and tributaries.
This cottage does not have any reviews.
This cottage is:
Sights and attractions
Outside this cottage in Gennes-Val-de-Loire, FranceThis cottage is in the countryside. It has a balcony, a barbecue, outside lighting and a garden. Car hire is necessary as the renter will need a car to get about for shopping, eating out and the beach; however parking is available if required.
Prices and availability
- Your booking
- Available start/end date
Select your travel dates on the calendar
Changeover days and minimum stays
- 20 September - 29 September 2018: changeover day is Saturday and the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 30 September - 22 December 2018: changeover day is Saturday and the minimum stay is 4 nights.
- 23 December 2018 - 23 March 2019: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 5 June - 23 June 2019: changeover day is Saturday and the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 24 June - 29 September 2019: changeover day is Saturday and the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 30 September - 22 December 2019: changeover day is Saturday and the minimum stay is 4 nights.
- 23 December 2019 - 23 March 2020: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 5 June - 23 June 2020: changeover day is Saturday and the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 24 June - 29 September 2020: changeover day is Saturday and the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 30 September - 22 December 2020: changeover day is Saturday and the minimum stay is 4 nights.
- 23 December 2020 - 23 March 2021: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 5 June - 23 June 2021: changeover day is Saturday and the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 24 June - 1 September 2021: changeover day is Saturday and the minimum stay is 7 nights.
Long stay discounts
- Arrive between 24 June - 1 September and receive 5% off if the booking is for 14 days or more.
If more than one discount matches your arrival date, please be aware that only one discount of the highest amount will be applied to your booking.
£50.00 per booking, paid with booking
3 bedrooms, Sleeps 9:
- 1 double bed and en suite
- 1 double bed, 1 single bed
- 2 single beds
There is also 1 double sofa bed in Room 4 - large landing area, 1 cot
2 bathrooms including 1 en suite, 1 Separate WC
CD player, DVD/Blu-ray player, Internet, Radio
Living area seats 8, Dining area seats 8, Central heating, Open fire, Clothes drier, Hair dryer, Iron / board, Towels / linen, Washing machine, Car hire essential
Cooker, Crockery, Cutlery, Dishwasher, Fridge, Freezer, Glassware, Kettle, Microwave, Oven, Pots / pans, Toaster
Balcony or terrace, Barbecue, Outside lighting, Parking, Private garden
Totally secluded garden fully fenced/gated.
Private Owner From Bromsgrove, United Kingdom Member since Jun 2017
Last logged in: a year ago
Number of properties: 1