Chateau with 10 bedrooms, 7 bathrooms and private pool in Gaillac, the South of France
From £5,903 per week
Chateau to rent in Gaillac, the South of France
Chateau Gaillac is a late Napoleonic, belle epoque style extravaganza of opulence, situated in the valley of the Tarn River between the historic Cathedral cities of Albi and Toulouse.
Share this holiday home
Chateau overview - owner's description
Chateau Gaillac is a late Napoleonic, belle epoque style extravaganza of opulence, situated in the valley of the Tarn River between the historic Cathedral cities of Albi and Toulouse, with easy access to the Autoroute.
The Vignerons of Gaillac have tended the fertile fields in the Tarn valley for the past millennium with loving care in a landscape of viridian, terracotta and ochre reminiscent of Tuscany. Once the centre of this vast wine making domain, Chateau Gaillac enjoys views over neighbouring vineyards, of which guests receive a complimentary case upon arrival.
Resplendent in its park-land arboretum setting of lofty Cedars, the chateau sits just back from the banks of the river la Tarn, and also enjoys access to the adjoining rolling countryside. All the while, the facilities and popular attractions of the historic market town of Gaillac are just four minutes away.
Bright, warm and charmingly decorated in traditional Lime-wash, Chateau Gaillac is an enchanting home away from home in one of France's oldest wine growing regions.
- 10 Bedrooms
- 7 Bathrooms
- Large Salon
- Dining room
- 2 Entrance halls
- 2 Separate WCs on the ground floor
- Large landing on the 1st floor
Ground Floor Bedrooms
- Bedroom 7 “Austerlitz” with double bed (190x140cm) and en-suite shower room and WC
- Bedroom 10 “Waterloo” with double bed (190x140cm) and single bed (190x90cm)- Bathroom and separate WC
- Bedroom 8 “Salle de terrasse” with double bed (190x140cm) and single bed (190x90cm) with doors leading to terrace.
- Bedroom 9 “Elfin”small single room (190x70cm bed).
First Floor Bedrooms
- Bedroom 1 “Toile de Jouy rose” with double bed (190x140cm) and single bed (190x90cm). En-suite bathroom with WC
- Bedroom 3 “Rococo” with two small double beds (190x130cm each)
- Shared bathroom with WC
- Bedroom 2 “Bonaparte” with double bed (190x150cm) and single bed (190x90cm)
- Bedroom 4 “Toile de Jouy bleue”with two single beds (185x109cm and 200x80cm) and en-suite shower room with WC
- Bedroom 5 “Lord Byron” with double bed (200x160cm)
- Shared bathroom with WC
Bedroom 6 ”Peacock” with double bed (200x160cm)
-Additional small bathroom with WC in the corridor
At the front: Portico and 2 balconies on the ground level and a terrace on the 1st floor
- Large terraces overviewing the vast enclosed pool area at the back
- Plenty of space in the park and a tree hide mirrador
- Next to the pool aera a big oil drum BBQ close to an herb garden
We are delighted to announce that all the vineyards, orchards and fields adjoining the Chateau are now grown organically.
The Chateau boasts 600 square meters of living space with10 bedrooms, 7 bathrooms (including a ground floor bedroom with its own wet room, possibly ideal for older guests), a large salon-ballroom/TV room and dining room. As a building designed for hospitality, Chateau Gaillac benefits from high ceilings providing a pleasant coolness in summer; whilst tall windows allow for plenty of natural light to create a bright atmosphere.
Fully centrally heated and in an exceptionally high state of repair, the Chateau is decorated in delicately coloured traditional lime-wash, complementing its ornamental plasterwork and finely carved joinery; all tastefully furnished in traditional southern French Baroque style. Three of the bedrooms have air-conditioning. Rooms are arranged in such a way that dining “en famille” is possible both in the cool of the Chateau heart or on the upper-terrace depending on the time of day or temperature.
The “manoir” style kitchen with high vaulted ceiling is pleasant and light allowing food to be easily served through double doors either to the Chateau dining area or directly to the terrace; it also overlooks the swimming pool which can be useful when youngsters may be swimming.
Furthermore, there is a newly fabricates "art nouveau" child-gate dividing the pool from the dining terrace.
Facilities inside include a washing machine, dryer, two dishwashers, large gas range, 2 microwaves, 2 Senseo coffee machines and large family fridge. A large private walled Romanesque sun-terrace with mosaic pool is accessed down ornamental steps from the rear terraces. Sun-loungers chairs and tables are situated around the pool and barbecue area close by. The pool (size: 11x5m/ depth: 1.5m) has a safety gate, pool toys are provided.
There are bikes and children's bikes available too.
Chateau Gaillac rests on the edge of a hamlet, 2 miles away from the small town of Gaillac and halfway between the historic cathedral cities of Albi and Toulouse with easy access to the Autoroute. There is also a train station in Gaillac with a good railway services.
The surrounding region of Gaillac is both scenic and vibrant. Whether you're wine tasting around the local vineyards, either exploring the hill top citadels of Cordes-sur-ciel and Bastides des Albigois or visiting one of the 5 “plus beaux villages de France” like Castelnau de Montmirail, Puycelsi, Bruniquel, Lautrec, Monesties all located less than 30mn away, there's plenty to see and do.
The actual town of Gaillac is but a short cycle away. Once there you'll find a mix of beautiful architecture from many periods, and a real old world charm. Make sure to drop by the Musee des Beaux-Arts, and leave plenty of time to soak up the atmosphere of the adjoining French gardens and park.
Gaillac is abundant in heritage within its winding streets and tree lined esplanades, but also benefits from a modern shopping centre open-market and restaurants to suit all tastes. There are several markets, the Friday market is the biggest.
The UNESCO world heritage city of Albi lies just 20 minutes from the Chateau, and boasts Europe's largest brick building; the magnificent Cathedral of Albi – a masterpiece of Southern Gothic architecture, and a must see in the region. The Toulouse-Lautrec museum recently refurbished is well worth a visit. Children may also like to pay a visit to the water park “Atlantis” located a few miles away.
Out in the peaceful surroundings of Chateau Gaillac it is easy to forget that you're only a short way from Toulouse, a bustling twin university city. Fourth French city by its size, Toulouse is a hub of technology within Southern France. It even has its own space visitor centre, and yet it still maintains a simplicity and romanticism that is true to the region. Bisected by the River Garonne, it is often referred to as la Ville Rose (the Pink City) due to the attractive pink terracotta bricks that make up many of the historic structures in the city.
This chateau does not have any reviews but the agent has 14 reviews for their other properties.
This chateau is:
Outside this chateau in Gaillac, the South of FranceThis chateau has a pool, a barbecue and a children pool.
Prices and availability
Updated 14 September 2019
- Your booking
- Available start/end date
Select your travel dates on the calendar
Changeover days and minimum stays
- 15 September - 6 December 2019: the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 7 December 2019 - 3 January 2020: changeover day is Saturday and the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 4 January - 19 June 2020: the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 20 June - 21 August 2020: changeover day is Saturday and the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 22 August - 4 December 2020: the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 5 December 2020 - 1 January 2021: changeover day is Saturday and the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 2 January - 18 June 2021: the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 19 June - 20 August 2021: changeover day is Saturday and the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 21 August - 3 December 2021: the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 4 December 2021 - 14 September 2022: changeover day is Saturday and the minimum stay is 7 nights.
Refundable Breakage Deposit
£1,000.00 per booking, paid locally
10 bedrooms, Sleeps 20
DVD/Blu-ray player, Internet / WiFi, Satellite / cable
Air conditioning, Central heating, Open fire
Agency From London, United Kingdom Member since Apr 2015
Past bookings: 38 bookings
Response rate: 90%
Response time: within 23 hours
Last seen: a day ago
Number of properties: over 1,000