The Little House
Villa with 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms in Frôlois, France
From £576 per week
Villa to rent in Frôlois, France
Newly renovated in 2015.
Share this holiday home
Villa overview - owner's description
Newly renovated in 2015, this delightful and charming 2-bedroom stone cottage is set in a small hamlet in the heart of the Burgundian countryside and offers a perfect base for discovering the Cote d'Or and Burgundy.
A sister property, The Little Barn is approximately 1km away in Frolois and the two may be booked together for larger groups.
The Little House offers accommodation on two levels with a light, bright living area, comfortable bedrooms and plenty of homely touches.
Children will love to play hide and seek in the enchanted garden with meandering pathways and steps and adults will enjoy relaxing on the sunny terrace with a stone table and benches, or the shady alfresco dining area. A quiet and private location to enjoy the peaceful setting and the wonderful views across the green valley.
The friendly owners live nearby and are nearly always available to assist in providing information on all the local attractions and arrange private wine tastings nearby. They can also arrange extra services such as a shopping service to make your arrival pain free, fresh bread and pastry delivery as well as home-cooked meals and bespoke menus (please enquire regarding details and prices for additional services).
The Little House is a perfect base for exploring the region: this beautiful part of Burgundy has several historical sites, stunning landscapes, lively local markets and of course, wine tasting opportunities all just a short drive away.
Villa Interior (sleeps 4 adults) - 1 baby cot and 1 travel cot provided
- Open plan living area
- Fully fitted kitchen (oven, hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, coffee machine, dishwasher, washing machine, portable fan) with access to terrace
- Open plan dining area with a table and chairs for 4 people (possible to extend for 6 users if guests are expected!) and portable fan
- Reading/Relax area with sofa, two armchairs, flat screen satellite TV, DVD player, portable fan and garden views.
- 1 Double bedroom (bed size: 160cm x 200cm) with en suite shower room, hairdryer, portable fan and views over the valley.
- 1 Twin bedroom (bed size: 90cm x 200cm) with antique stone fireplace, portable fan and garden views
- 1 Twin bedroom (bed size: 90cm x 200cm)
- 1 shower room (opposite to the twin bedrooms)
- Secluded Garden
- Terrace with a stone table and benches
- Covered alfresco dining area (via a few rustic stone steps from the kitchen)
- Gas BBQ
- Green views across the valley
- Parking space for two cars in the driveway
- Heating (radiators)
- Log burning stove (logs provided)
- Complimentary bath products
- UK TV
There is much to see and do in this part of France. Within a 15-minute drive are the beautiful Flavigny-sur-Ouzerain, the Roman ruins at Alesia and its new visitor centre.
The Chateau of Bussy Rabutin, the source of the Seine river, great for picnics, and Venarey les Laumes for your everyday needs are all close by.
Within a 30-minute drive are Semur en Auxois, Montbard with its fabulous swimming pool complex, The Parc d'Auxois (zoo and adventure park) and the 13th Century world famous Abbaye de Fontenay.
Further a-field are historic Dijon, Beaune and Nigloland (theme park). Nearly every day of the week there are local markets, and no visit to Burgundy would be complete without a wine tasting.
This villa does not have any reviews but the agent has 8 reviews for their other properties.
This villa is:
Prices and availability
Updated 9 November 2018
- Your booking
- Available start/end date
Select your travel dates on the calendar
Changeover days and minimum stays
- 16 November - 21 December 2018: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 22 December 2018 - 4 January 2019: the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 5 January - 29 March 2019: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 30 March - 1 November 2019: changeover day is Saturday and the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 2 November - 20 December 2019: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 21 December 2019 - 3 January 2020: the minimum stay is 5 nights.
- 4 January - 27 March 2020: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 28 March - 30 October 2020: changeover day is Saturday and the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 31 October - 18 December 2020: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 19 December 2020 - 1 January 2021: the minimum stay is 5 nights.
- 2 January - 9 November 2021: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
Refundable Breakage Deposit
£885.61 per booking, paid locally
2 bedrooms, Sleeps 4
DVD/Blu-ray player, Internet / WiFi, TV, Satellite / cable
Central heating, Open fire