Villa with 15 bedrooms, 16 bathrooms and private pool in Fréjus, the South of France
Booking cost: £0.00
Pay onlybooking deposit
From £40,138 per week
Villa to rent in Fréjus, the South of France
This graceful French chateau is in a simply stunning location in the Esterel National Park on the French Riviera just minutes from the beaches of the Mediterranean.
Share this holiday home
Villa overview - owner's description
This graceful French chateau is in a simply stunning location in the Esterel National Park on the French Riviera just minutes from the beaches of the Mediterranean. With fifteen elegant bedrooms and five beautiful reception rooms, this is the perfect place for a relaxing family retreat, a special celebration or a majestic and romantic wedding.
Villa Amalie was dreamed up by Lord Amherst at the beginning of the 20th century, much of the charm and character still remains to this day such as the antique furnishings, the grand staircase and of course the lovely views from the bedrooms of mountains, forests and the sea. Recent renovations have brought the villa back to its former glory with added modern amenities such as a heated swimming pool, gym, home-cinema room and pool table plus air-conditioning and WiFi throughout. The atmosphere here is one of romance with a strong sense of history in this dreamy location.
Exclusive services are included with your stay: a security guard, on-site guardians and maid will ease your stay. A private chef or chauffeur can be arranged, a private yacht can be chartered and a whole host of activities can be organised such as art classes, wine-tasting or sporting events in or near the villa.
It is indeed the perfect place for a unique event, celebration or wedding and a special team can be made available to you to ensure every need is catered for. Up to 80 guests can be seated in the historical reception rooms or dine al-fresco in the delightful courtyard surrounded by loggias and the fountain in this magnificent setting.
You are surrounded by woodland walks with direct access to the Esterel National Park and a stunning golf course is just a five-minute drive away. Yet within only five kilometres you can be in the nearby towns of Frejus and Saint-Raphael by the sea, each with a distinct character. Frejus is an ancient Roman city full of monuments, whilst there's plenty of fun to be had in Saint-Raphael (try the Casino Barriere by the sea)! For fine dining, stop by at the Restaurant Stephane Leger - a worthy adventure outside your heavenly villa.
Good news! This property is available as a Vill'otelYey! Wait… what is that?
It's the perfect combo of the privacy of your own personal villa, with all the luxury and convenience of a hotel. What's included?
Breakfast, cleaning, welcome drinks and hamper, plus more! Check the Extras tab for all the details.
Interior of villa
- Three interlinked reception rooms with antique furnishings which can seat up to 80 guests for dinners and events
- Grand salon with antique furnishings and grand fireplace
- Petit salon
- Family kitchen, fully equipped, leading to al-fresco dining terrace and garden
- Professional kitchen for use during dinners and events
- Guest bathroom (with wheelchair access)
- Additional WC
- Bedroom 1 with double bed (180cm), en-suite bathroom and separate WC. Cloister and mountain views
- Bedroom 2 with twin beds (90cm), en-suite bathroom and separate WC. - Forest and sea-views
- Bedroom 3 with double bed (180cm), en-suite bathroom and WC. Sea and pool views
- Bedroom 4 with double bed (160cm), en-suite bathroom and WC. Sea and pool views
- Bedroom 5 with twin beds (90cm), en-suite shower room and separate WC. Balcony with sea views. Adjoins to room 6.
- Bedroom 6 (junior suite) with double bed (160cm), seating, en-suite bathroom with walk-in shower and separate WC. Balcony with St Tropez views. Adjoins to room 5
- Bedroom 7 (suite) with double bed (180cm) and open-plan bathroom, separate living room, shower room, two separate WCs. Sea and mountain views
- Bedroom 8 with double bed (160cm), en-suite shower room and WC. Mountain views
- Bedroom 9 with double bed (180cm), en-suite bathroom and WC. Forest/mountain views
- Bedroom 10 with double bed (160cm), en-suite bathroom and separate WC. Cloister and mountain views
- Office with printer
- Laundry room
- Bedroom 11 with small double bed (140cm)
- Bedroom 12 with twin beds (140cm each)
- Bedroom 13 with small double bed (140cm)
- The above three bedrooms share one bathroom and one shower room, each with WC
- Living area with sofa-bed
- Roof terrace with stunning views
- Bedroom 14 with double bed (180cm), en-suite bathroom and separate WC, private terrace
- Bedroom 15 with double bed (180cm), en-suite bathroom and WC and garden
- Home cinema and games room
- Heated infinity pool
- Pool gardens with seating for up to 30 guests
- Cloister courtyard and loggias for al-fresco dining
- Woodland area
- Direct access to Esterel National Park
- Ample parking
- Electric gates
- Security fences/cameras
- Sound system
- Washing machine and dryer
- Pool table
Located in the Esterel mountains with direct access to the Esterel National Park, Villa Amalie is only five minutes drive from the medieval village of Frejus with its Roman amphitheatre and charming seaside town of St. Raphael. In both places you will find some interesting shops, fantastic restaurants and a good choice of bars. Don't miss the twice weekly Provencal market in the old town in Frejus, a wonderful place to pick up fresh local produce.
Those looking for sporting and cultural activities are in a prime location. The Golf and tennis Club of Valescure is just five minutes away by car and trekking and mountain biking can be organised in the Esterels. Sailing, wind surfing and kite surfing are available nearby at Agay Plage and St. Aygulf. Sailing trips to St. Tropez and the Lerin Islands are available daily and fishing and diving trips can be arranged.
The fashionable city of Cannes (35km) is within easy reach, here you can take a walk along the city promenade in Cannes, La Croisette, as you soak up the glitz and glamour that surrounds you. The city has a brilliant nightlife, some superb restaurants and a great choice of lovely sandy beaches, both public and private. To discover Cannes from its days as a fishing village, head to the narrow labyrinth of lanes in Le Suquet, where the fishermen and their families used to live. Nowadays it has a magical atmosphere with pretty restaurants, bars and shops for visitors to enjoy.
Other delights of the French Riviera are easily reached such as historic Grasse (45km), in the hills north of Cannes, known for its perfume heritage and fields of lavender. Alternatively, drive south to the family friendly beaches and pretty town of Sainte Maxime (27km) and then onwards to prestigious St Tropez (42km) or during the summer months leave your car in St. Raphael and take a boat or even charter your own private yacht for the day.
This villa does not have any reviews but the agent has 2 reviews for their other properties.
This villa is:
Outside this villa in Fréjus, the South of FranceThis villa has a pool.
Prices and availability
Updated 4 July 2018
- Your booking
- Available start/end date
Select your travel dates on the calendar
Changeover days and minimum stays
- 20 July 2018 - 4 January 2025: the minimum stay is 2 nights.
Refundable Breakage Deposit
£895.54 per booking, paid locally
15 bedrooms, Sleeps 34
DVD/Blu-ray player, Internet / WiFi, TV, Satellite / cable
Air conditioning, Central heating