Villa Du Fleuve
Villa with 4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms and private pool in Flaujagues, France
From £3,137 per week
Villa to rent in Flaujagues, France
Villa Du Fleuve is a centuries-old authentic stone villa set romantically on the banks of the Dordogne river, 15 minutes east of the UNESCO World Heritage site of Saint-Emilion.
Share this holiday home
Villa overview - owner's description
Villa Du Fleuve is a centuries-old authentic stone villa set romantically on the banks of the Dordogne river, 15 minutes east of the UNESCO World Heritage site of Saint-Emilion, which has been producing some of the world's best wine since Roman times.
Just outside a tiny village with a boulangerie, a little lane cuts through Bordeaux vineyards. Head down it and through the sun-dappled vines and trees and soon you'll find yourself at this oasis of beauty and tranquility in the middle of Aquitaine.
The villa has been recently renovated to a very high standard with many authentic details such as thick stone walls, exposed brick and beams providing guests with rustic charm and a character that invites you to do nothing but relax and indulge (only not necessarily in that order).
You'll find four bedrooms and three bathrooms, it's incredibly cosy and has a wonderful home-from-home feel that typifies everything that's great about a villa rental. The owner has great style too, so you can be assured of some beautiful and tasteful decor!
It's ideal for couples or a small family group to kick back, relax and enjoy the peaceful views and gentle countryside on the banks of the Dordogne, with canoes and kayaks for guests to use as well as a couple of bikes.
Once you feel refreshed and ready for a little exploration, head to the world-famous vineyards of the region and prepare to discover your brand new favourite bottle – take some home to enjoy on your terrace overlooking the Dordogne river. If there's one bit of advice we can give you, make sure there's room in your bags to take a few bottles back!
- Living room with a sofa and two club chairs, wood-burning stove and iPod dock and library. Formal table for four guests
- Open-plan kitchen, well-equipped including gas range oven with 5 hobs, two-door fridge, dishwasher, microwave, toaster, oven, coffee maker and kettle. Table for six guests. Door leads to small side terrace with river views
- Bedroom with queen-size bed and window overlooking garden
- Bedroom with king-size bed (can be made into twin) and French doors opening up to garden (also can be an independent entrance)
- Bathroom at the end of the hall with bath, hand-held shower and WC
- Guest WC
- Den/TV room or office with pull-out couch and space for a day bed
- Utility room with washing machine and dryer
Wheelchair access may be possible via the back door into the den - please enquire
Upper Level (via staircase from den, low ceilings in the room)
- Loft-style bedroom with queen-size bed and vineyard views. En suite shower room and separate WC
Upper Level (via staircase from living room)
- Master bedroom with king-size bed, satellite TV and river view. En suite shower room and WC
- Salt-water swimming pool (5x10m) with alarm system and fenced
- Al-fresco dining area
- Handmade iron BBQ and rotisserie
- River access
- Shed (with canoes and kayaks)
- Two bikes
- Ping-pong table
- Satellite TV (inc. English channels)
- iPod dock
- Library including English books and local guides
- Board games
- Bikes (x2)
- Canoes and kayaks
- Washing machine and dryer
The villa is an ideal vacation spot for wine lovers or those in search of a relaxing and memorable holiday in the tranquil countryside of the Bordeaux region.
Whether arriving in Bordeaux by air or train, you are less than an hour away from the Villa. Guests can reduce the drive to half an hour by taking the TGV from Paris to Libourne. The quaint town of Saint-Emilion, a UNESCO World Heritage site and obligatory stop for oenophiles (aka wine lovers!), is only fifteen minutes by car.
The fete du vin, held every other June in Saint-Emilion and Bordeaux, is reason alone to visit! The lively town of Castillon-la-Bataille, with twice-weekly markets and larger stores, is only a ten-minute drive away. The region is rich in wine and history, with dozens of medieval chateaux and thousand-year old churches dotting the hillsides. Restaurants running from the basic and hearty to high-end also abound in the area, with a nice mix of family-run establishments serving traditional fare and newer chefs putting a modern spin into their menus.
The quiet riverside village is just a few minutes on foot, with a bakery, small grocery store and post office, whilst restaurants and a supermarket are within a short drive. A spectacular Bastille Day celebration, annual flea market and myriad of special events take place in the village, including a special Christmas market. During the summer months are three evening markets, where local goods, wine and gifts are for sale - you'll also find some long picnic tables where the community gathers to celebrate well into the night! Luckily, you can just stroll home from the festivities if you're starting to feel the strain of too much food and excellent wine!
This villa does not have any reviews but the agent has 13 reviews for their other properties.
This villa is:
Outside this villa in Flaujagues, FranceThis villa is near the waterfront. It has a pool, a barbecue and a children pool.
Prices and availability
Updated 6 July 2020
- Your booking
- Available start/end date
Select your travel dates on the calendar
Changeover days and minimum stays
- 7 July 2020 - 6 January 2022: changeover day is Saturday and the minimum stay is 7 nights.
Refundable Breakage Deposit
£905.82 per booking, paid locally
4 bedrooms, Sleeps 10
DVD/Blu-ray player, Satellite / cable
Central heating, Open fire
Agency From London, United Kingdom Member since Apr 2015
Past bookings: 40 bookings
Response rate: 93%
Response time: within 20 hours
Last seen: an hour ago
Number of properties: over 1,000