Villa with 6 bedrooms, 5 bathrooms and swimming pool in Eymet, France
Booking cost: £0.00
Pay onlybooking deposit
From £5,442 per week
Villa to rent in Eymet, France
Villa overview - owner's description
Maison Belair is a blissful retreat set on the Lot-et-Garonne/Dordogne border with stunning views over the French Countryside. It is within a 5 minutes drive of a bustling bastide village.
Maison Belair is a blissful retreat set on the Lot-et-Garonne/Dordogne border with stunning views over the French Countryside. It is within a 5 minutes drive of a bustling bastide village. A converted barn, this property has been the subject of extensive renovation in recent years, and now boasts 6/7 bedrooms, 6 with en-suite bathrooms. There is a separate Studio which is set up as a Games Room with Table Tennis and large screen TV and DVD that can also sleep an extra guest with single day bed and en-suite shower-room. While retaining original features and rustic charm, it also offers every modern convenience.
Set in its own grounds of 5 hectares, the property is entirely surrounded by unspoiled meadows and woodland, as well as having its own plush gardens which have been extensively planted over the last couple of years. It is the perfect spot from which to enjoy rural France's extensive wildlife, including wild boar and deer. The terrace which opens up from the sitting room has stunning views over the lake onto the beautifully manicured lawn lined with mature borders. On the south side of the property there is a heated swimming pool with extensive terracing and beautiful gardens including a Japanese and Italian garden.
It is an ideal holiday home for families and groups in search of tranquillity and privacy. It is within easy reach of the interesting activities that the Dordogne has to offer as it is only a 5 minute drive to a bustling bastide village with shops, bars, restaurants and the all important French morning market. Throughout the summer there are banquets, festivals and events taking place almost every day!
Belair is just 25 minutes south of Bergerac with its International Airport and the Dordogne River.
The 6 bedrooms are well furnished and modern yet whilst retaining much character. There are 6 bedrooms in the main house and then a separate Studio Games Room in the courtyard entrance which can sleep an additional guest and is ideal for a Nanny or Au-pair.
- Bedroom 1 is a large double with its own en-suite shower-room.
- Bedroom 2 is a double bedroom with French Doors opening out onto the gardens.
- Bedroom 3 is a Twin room with French Doors opening out onto the gardens.
- The family bathroom is situated between Bedroom 2 and Bedroom 3. It is large with a roll top bath and shower enclosure, basin and WC.
- Bedroom 4 is a single bedroom with a private en-suite bathroom.
- Bedroom 5 is a family room on the first floor set into the eaves. It has a large double bed and a bunk bed with a private en-suite bathroom and access to the roof terrace.
- Bedroom 6 is a double bedroom set into the eaves. It has an en-suite bathroom and access to the roof terrace.
- The Studio has its own en-suite shower room. It is separate from the house in the courtyard. It is ideal for those wishing for more privacy or for a Nanny or Au-pair. It is set up as a Games Room with Table Tennis and a large screen TV and DVD player but it also has an additional single day bed.
The kitchen/breakfast room and large living room are ideal for bigger groups. French doors open from the sitting room out onto the terrace overlooking the gardens and lake. There is a formal dining room which can seat 10 people. In addition there is a Formal Drawing Room.
Belair has been designed and renovated with outdoor living in mind.
The pool is south facing with a covered terrace close by. There is a large play area for the children as well as badminton and ball games.
A dining terrace opens from the living room with stunning views over the plush gardens and towards the Carp Lake, it is the perfect place to enjoy long summer evenings and stunning sunsets.
- Sleeps up to 13 plus cots
- 6 bedrooms (1 King, 2 Doubles, 1 Twin, 1 Family room & 1 Single) An additional single bed can be provided on request.
- Studio Games Room (Bedroom 7) which can be a Single Room
- 6 bathrooms
- Large Kitchen with dining table, range oven and Fridge Freezer
- Dining Room with seating for 10
- Sitting Room with Satellite TV, DVD Player and Ipod Docking Station
- Formal Drawing Room
- Wi-FI access
- Heated Swimming Pool
- Carp Lake
- Dining Terrace with views over the lake
Belair offers tranquillity and privacy, and yet is only a few kilometres from the village of Eymet which has shops, bars, restaurants and plenty of events throughout the summer months. Surrounded entirely by beautiful countryside, it is a haven for wildlife - wild boar, deer, hares, and birds of prey. The terraces and verandas offer the perfect spot from which to view these delights.
Although Belair is tranquil and private, it offers easy access to the many delights the Dordogne has to offer. There are activities to suit all ages and interests: foodies will enjoy the great local restaurants at the heart of France's centre of gastronomic excellence, as well as the wine of AOC Bergerac. The area has been described the capital of world prehistory, and culture vultures are spoiled for choice with caves, museums and chateaux aplenty.
The house is just 25 minutes south of Bergerac with its own International Airport. Ryanair flies here from London Stansted, Liverpool, Nottingham, and Bristol. Flybe flies into Bergerac from London Gatwick, Southampton, Exeter and Edinburgh. There are also interconnecting flights to Belfast, Glasgow, Dundee and Newcastle with Flybe.
The vibrant city of Bordeaux is 1hr 30 minutes away, with a larger International Airport servicing even more UK and Worldwide destinations. In addition, Toulouse Airport is approximately 1hr 30 mins drive to the south. The TGV station at Libourne connects with Paris.
The Oliver's Concierge Team is available to help you arrange any of those little extras that can really make the difference. For example:
- Maid service/extra cleaning
- Private chef/cook/catering
- Welcome hamper/pre-stocked fridge
- Local day-trips or tours
- Airport transfers
- Babysitting/childcare services
Simply fill in the concierge request form or contact the Oliver's Concierge Team.
The following extra services are available at this property:
- We provide a welcome pack that includes some nibbles for the first evening
- Catering is available at the chateau by local catering companies (traiteurs) - typically this will cost from 30 euros per person for a 4-course meal. Alternatively, it may be possible to hire a cook from the local village/town who can do any cooking that you wish during your stay – they are also usually happy to buy the food and clear up afterwards. Costs are typically between about 15 euros per hour.
- Maid service is usually available for about 15 euros per hour.
Please note that all services are subject to availability and must be requested in advance and that due to some rural/remote locations, not all services will be available at all properties. Prices are on request.
We will always do our best to fulfil your requests!
This villa does not have any reviews but the agent has 2 reviews for their other properties.
This villa is:
Outside this villa in Eymet, FranceThis villa has a pool.
Prices and availability
Updated 18 October 2017
Select your travel dates on the calendar
Changeover days and minimum stays
- 31 December 2016 - 4 January 2025: changeover day is Saturday and the minimum stay is 4 nights.
Refundable Breakage Deposit
£1,000.00 per booking, paid locally
6 bedrooms, Sleeps 12
Internet / WiFi
Car hire optional