Villa with 2 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms in Dordogne, France
Booking cost: £0.00
From £1,766 per week
Villa to rent in Dordogne, France
Villa overview - owner's description
Romance and whimsy rule the day at this fantastical 15th century cottage in the Dordogne. Nestled on the shore of a lush, green lake.
Romance and whimsy rule the day at this fantastical 15th century cottage in the Dordogne. Nestled on the shore of a lush, green lake, honeymooners will love to stargaze and watch wildlife from the private dock. Inside every room is unique, and the design plays with the delicate and the bold, the old and new. You'll absolutely swoon for the bridal bed - a stately four-poster in a rustic barrel vaulted bedroom.
In the daytime, take a leisurely stroll through the gardens, and on to the nearby village of Nonards (1 km), where you'll find the nearest pub. A little farther down the road is the medieval town of Beaulieu-sur-Dordogne (5 km), where restaurants and cafes are convenient to the riverside.
If you've time to tour the region, we recommend Perigueux, an hour and a half west. Here you can dig deep into history at the Perigord Museum of Art and Archaeology, or the Vesunne Museum, built on the remains of a Gallo-Roman villa. Perigueux is also known for markets, with delicacies aplenty - duck, chestnuts, foie gras, and truffles.
Rapunzels Folie has its own entrance (separate from the entrance to the chateau), and is approached down an avenue of plain trees, through the large wooden gates into your private paradise. There is a deck for sunbathing or fishing, watching the wildlife, or gazing at the stars. There is a wonderful South facing terrace with large barbecue and steps down to the river as well as a further West facing terrace and a cosy Chelsea summer house.
The house is a three story timber framed building. On the ground floor there is a charming sitting room with windows overlooking the lake, a large inglenook fireplace and comfortable sofa and chairs. A round dining table seats four. Off this is a delightful fully equipped kitchen with small breakfast bar all in part of the round tower.
On the first floor there is an intimate sitting room with plasma screen TV, DVD player CD, i-pod, books and another deep sofa. Leading off this is a luxurious double bedroom with en-suite WC, bidet and the magical black bathroom with large bath, basin and shower as well as underfloor heating.
Climb the stairs again to the top floor where you will find the unusual barrel vaulted wooden brides bedroom complete with ethereal four poster bed. This room has four windows making it light and airy. It also has it's own bathroom with WC, bidet, basin and large round rain shower. The house has full central heating, beautiful bedding & towels included.
The Gate House is 6 km from the Romanesque town of Beaulieu-sur-Dordogne, situated 40 minutes from Brive airport, one and a half hours from Limoges airport, served by Ryanair, two hours west of Bergerac and two hours north of Toulouse.
There is much to do in this area, including Arts and Culture, many festivals, markets, Canoeing on the Dordogne, Fishing, Golf, Hot Air Ballooning and Horse Riding. There are also many famous caves and grottos as well as ancient Chateaux.
Included in the price:
- hamper of essentials foods, local delicacies, Champagne, seasonal fruits, flowers and wood for the fire.
- there is maid service twice a week (extra by arrangement) and she offers a laundry service for 12 euros per hour.
- airport collection and taxi service by arrangement.
At additional cost:
- Chef available to come to the Gatehouse to prepare and cook Dinner for guests by prior request.
- A massage therapist is also available for reflexology at the Gatehouse
- Clay pigeon shooting, archery and rifle shooting can be arranged with the owners (payable locally)
To arrange any of these services, contact Oliver's VIP Concierge Team.
- Water Hazard: The property has a lake and a river. Children must be closely supervised at all times.
- Security: For insurance purposes, all exterior doors and windows must be locked when away from the property. The owner of the property will not accept responsibility for any loss, damage or consequential losses due to theft or any other security related incident howsoever caused.
This villa does not have any reviews.
This villa is:
Prices and availability
Updated 27 April 2017
Select your travel dates on the calendar
Changeover days and minimum stays
- 18 March - 29 June 2017: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 30 June - 28 September 2017: the minimum stay is 5 nights.
- 29 September 2017 - 28 June 2018: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 29 June - 27 September 2018: the minimum stay is 5 nights.
Refundable Breakage Deposit
£1,000.00 per booking, paid locally
2 bedrooms, Sleeps 4
2 bathrooms, 2 en suite bathrooms
DVD/Blu-ray player, Internet / WiFi
Central heating, Open fire, Car hire optional