Castle with 6 bedrooms and 6 bathrooms in Châtel, France
Booking cost: £0.00
Pay onlybooking deposit
From £1,721 per week
Castle to rent in Châtel, France
Castle overview - owner's description
Chalet Chatel is a newly renovated traditional Savoyard farmhouse located in the picturesque resort of Chatel, at the heart of the vast Portes du Soleil.
Chalet Chatel is a newly renovated traditional Savoyard farmhouse located in the picturesque resort of Chatel, at the heart of the vast Portes du Soleil. The chalet's professional team offer catering, concierge and in-resort chauffeur to ensure you have a relaxing and memorable holiday.
The original character of this property has been maintained with wood interiors, exposed beams and a roaring fireplace. The addition of modern facilities including an outdoor hot tub and sauna create a mountain retreat from which to enjoy the landscape, sumptuous food and hospitality.
The heart of the chalet is the full width, south facing living space, from which to enjoy the stunning scenery. This area comprises a cocktail bar, lounge with warming fire and seated dining for 12 guests.
A movie lounge and kids playroom are available along with a library and office in the mezzanine.
Six tastefully decorated bedrooms accommodate friends and families. The ground floor comprises a master en-suite bedroom and two further double/twin en-suite bedrooms. Each has direct access to the south facing balcony or garden terrace. A further generous double bedroom with separate adjoining bunkroom share a large dedicated bathroom. The sixth bedroom is in the mezzanine with en-suite.
For relaxation after a day on the slopes enjoy the outdoor hot tub and sauna or visit the chalet's own wine cave for evening wine tasting. The chalet has safe enclosed gardens with children's alpine playhouse, covered double garage and additional parking for three cars and laundry facilities.
The chalet is divided over four floors with six bedrooms and five bathrooms. There is accommodation for 12 adults and 3 additional children.
-Le Crocus: Double or Twin bedroom with balcony access and en-suite bathroom with bath, shower, double sinks and WC
- Les Pommes: Family suite consisting of a double bedroom and neighbouring bunkbed room with a shared family bathroom
- Le Thym: Double or Twin bedroom with access to the garden terrace and en-suite bathroom
- Les Marmottes: Double or Twin bedroom with en-suite bathroom
- Open living space with dining table for 12 guests, comfortable seating area with log fire and cocktail bar
- TV snug and playroom with plasma screen TV, DVD player, DVD library and art and craft supplies
- Fully equipped open plan kitchen with breakfast table
- Le Grenier: Double bedroom with en-suite bathroom
- Library with a selection of books, magazines and iPad dock and printer
Lower Ground Floor
- Wine cellar and tasting room
- Laundry room with washing machine and tumble dryer
- Outdoor hot tub with breath-taking views of the surrounding mountains
- Large gardens, perfect for building snowmen!
- Alpine play house
- Barbecue and outdoor dining area
- Picnic area
- Washing Machine and Tumble Dryer
- Outdoor Hot Tub
- Plasma screen TV, DVD player and DVD library
- Egyptian cotton bed linen, towels, bathrobes and luxurious toiletries
- Covered garage for two cars
- Nespresso coffee machine
- Sonos Music
- Log fire
- Cocktail bar
- Sledges and Snowshoes
- Off-road buggy
- Early supper for children
Portes du Soleil, or Gateway to the Sun, is a real treat for skiers and snowboarders alike. Located on the Franco-Swiss border, the area encompasses twelve resorts, neighbouring the Three Valleys, and is considered as the World's largest ski area. With over 650km of pistes and 197 lifts, it is impossible to get bored or be unchallenged in this resort.
You can relish in the idea of skiing from one country to the next, and then ski back, all in one day! The ski area has a respectable reputation for very good snowfall, with the season beginning in early December and running through until the end of April.
Allow yourselves to really explore the whole area with one lift pass which allows you to traverse and discover the twelve resorts. With so many pistes to explore, this is unquestionably the ideal ski destination for all abilities, ages and desires, lending itself as the perfect holiday destination for all.
Included in the price:
- Seven nights accommodation
- Bed linen and bath towels
- Bespoke bathrobes and slippers
- Resort chauffeur at your disposal all day
- Hearty breakfast (on 7 days)
- Homemade afternoon tea with coffee & tea (on 7 days)
- Pre-dinner drinks and canapes
- Early children's dinner (from 6pm on request)
- Three course evening meal with wine (on 6 nights)
This castle does not have any reviews but the agent has 2 reviews for their other properties.
This castle is:
Prices and availability
Updated 20 February 2018
- Your booking
- Available start/end date
Select your travel dates on the calendar
Changeover days and minimum stays
- 20 February - 27 April 2018: changeover day is Saturday and the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 22 December 2018 - 6 April 2024: changeover day is Saturday and the minimum stay is 7 nights.
Refundable Breakage Deposit
£1,000.00 per booking, paid locally
6 bedrooms, Sleeps 12
DVD/Blu-ray player, Internet / WiFi
Central heating, Open fire, Car hire optional