Chalet with 6 bedrooms and 6 bathrooms in Châtel, France
Booking cost: £0.00
Pay onlybooking deposit
From £1,563 per week
Chalet to rent in Châtel, France
Chalet overview - owner's description
Chalet Chatel is a newly renovated traditional Savoyard farmhouse located in the picturesque resort of Chatel, at the heart of the vast Portes du Soleil.
Chalet Chatel is a newly renovated traditional Savoyard farmhouse located in the picturesque resort of Chatel, at the heart of the vast Portes du Soleil. The chalet's professional team offer catering, concierge and in-resort chauffeur to ensure you have a relaxing and memorable holiday.
The original character of this property has been maintained with wood interiors, exposed beams and a roaring fireplace. The addition of modern facilities including an outdoor hot tub and sauna create a mountain retreat from which to enjoy the landscape, sumptuous food and hospitality.
The heart of the chalet is the full width, south facing living space, from which to enjoy the stunning scenery. This area comprises a cocktail bar, lounge with warming fire and seated dining for 12 guests.
A movie lounge and kids playroom are available along with a library and office in the mezzanine.
Six tastefully decorated bedrooms accommodate friends and families. The ground floor comprises a master en-suite bedroom and two further double/twin en-suite bedrooms. Each has direct access to the south facing balcony or garden terrace. A further generous double bedroom with separate adjoining bunkroom share a large dedicated bathroom. The sixth bedroom is in the mezzanine with en-suite.
For relaxation after a day on the slopes enjoy the outdoor hot tub and sauna or visit the chalet's own wine cave for evening wine tasting. The chalet has safe enclosed gardens with children's alpine playhouse, covered double garage and additional parking for three cars and laundry facilities.
The chalet is divided over four floors with six bedrooms and five bathrooms. There is accommodation for 12 adults and 3 additional children.
- Le Crocus: Double or Twin bedroom with balcony access and en-suite bathroom with bath, shower, double sinks and WC
- Les Pommes: Family suite consisting of a double bedroom and neighbouring bunkbed room with a shared family bathroom
- Le Thym: Double or Twin bedroom with access to the garden terrace and en-suite bathroom
- Les Marmottes: Double or Twin bedroom with en-suite bathroom
- Open living space with dining table for 12 guests, comfortable seating area with log fire and cocktail bar
- TV snug and playroom with plasma screen TV, DVD player, DVD library and art and craft supplies
- Fully equipped open plan kitchen with breakfast table
- Le Grenier: Double bedroom with en-suite bathroom
- Library with a selection of books, magazines and iPad dock and printer
Lower Ground Floor
- Wine Cave and tasting room
- Laundry room with washing machine and tumble dryer
- Outdoor hot tub with breath-taking views of the surrounding mountains
- Large gardens, perfect for building snowmen!
- Alpine play house
- Barbecue and outdoor dining area
- Picnic area
- Washing Machine and Tumble Dryer
- Outdoor Hot Tub
- Plasma screen TV, DVD player and DVD library
- Egyptian cotton bed linen, towels, bathrobes and luxurious toiletries
- Covered garage for two cars
- Nespresso coffee machine
- Sonos Music
- Log fire
- Cocktail bar
- Sledges and Snowshoes
- Off-road buggy
- Early supper for children
Portes du Soleil, or Gateway to the Sun, is a real treat for skiers and snowboarders alike. Located on the Swiss-Franco border, the area encompasses twelve resorts, neighbouring the Three Valleys, and is considered as the World's largest ski area. With over 650km of pistes and 197 lifts, it is impossible to get bored or be unchallenged in this resort.
You can relish in the idea of skiing from one country to the next, and then ski back, all in one day! The ski area has a respectable reputation for very good snowfall, with the season beginning in early December and running through until the end of April.
Allow yourselves to really explore the whole area with one lift pass which allows you to traverse and discover the twelve resorts. With so many pistes to explore, this is unquestionably the ideal ski destination for all abilities, ages and desires, lending itself as the perfect holiday destination for all.
Fully Catered Option:
- Continental breakfast accompanied by a selection of hot options
- Afternoon tea of home baked treats with tea, coffee and vin chaud
- Evenings canapes and pre-dinner drinks are served followed by a mouthwatering four course meal
There will be one staff day off at which time a Continental breakfast will be set out and guests can sample one of the many restaurants in the village in the evening.
Lunches and early dinners can also be prepared as needed for children.
During the day, guests will be driven between the slopes and the chalet by a dedicated chauffeur. If guests wish to go the picturesque village of Chatel for some apres-ski in the evenings it is a pleasant 10 minute walk to the village square.
We work with partner organisations to bring you:
- Ski hire which is fitted at the chalet with no queuing at the rental shop
- Ski lessons or guiding for groups or individuals
- Ski passes which are waiting for you on arrival
- Airport transfers from Geneva airport (90 minutes away)
- Professional childcare with caring nannies
This chalet does not have any reviews but the agent has 1 review for their other properties.
This chalet is:
Prices and availability
Updated 20 August 2017
Select your travel dates on the calendar
Changeover days and minimum stays
- 1 July 2017 - 3 January 2020: changeover day is Saturday and the minimum stay is 7 nights.
Refundable Breakage Deposit
£919.96 per booking, paid locally
6 bedrooms, Sleeps 12
DVD/Blu-ray player, Internet / WiFi
Central heating, Open fire, Car hire optional