Chateau with 10 bedrooms, 7 bathrooms and private pool in Chamborigaud, the South of France
From £8,791 per week
Chateau to rent in Chamborigaud, the South of France
This graceful, Disney-style chateau was built in 1575 and has three stunningly beautiful towers with impressive turrets. Chateau Chamborigaud is set in a lovely 5 acre park in the Cevennes mountains.
Share this holiday home
Chateau overview - owner's description
This graceful, Disney-style chateau was built in 1575 and has three stunningly beautiful towers with impressive turrets. Chateau Chamborigaud is set in a lovely 5 acre park in the Cevennes mountains, and enjoys the river Luech flowing lazily along its boundaries. Nimes airport is just over one hour drive away (and the drive itself is incredibly scenic!) and the train station to the Montpellier coast and Paris is only a 15 minute walk away.
There is a substantial terrace around the chateau which is perfect for dining, and in the beautiful park-style grounds you'll find a large heated outdoor swimming pool area with cuisine d'ete, a terrace for BBQs and a changing room.
Chateau Chamborigaud is within a couple of minute's walk of a charmingly beautiful village with adjacent tennis court (€7 p/h and a key in chateau), shopping facilities, bars and restaurants. There are also many beautiful walks and drives to enjoy in the surrounding area which is also a haven for foodies - it's renowned for its wild boar, chestnuts and mushrooms. There's more than ample parking space for everyone too.
Photos taken by David Bon.
Good news! This property is available as a Vill'otelYey! Wait… what is that?
It's the perfect combo of the privacy of your own personal villa, with all the luxury and convenience of a hotel. What's included?
Breakfast, cleaning, welcome drinks and hamper, plus more! Check the Extras tab for all the details.
- The Garden room (Guardian's Office)
- Le Bureau and Boutique
- Entrance hall which doubles as a comfortable parlour with large settees.
- Main Kitchen
- Vaulted sitting room with huge working open fireplace and dining area (seats 12) and can accommodate 18 if needed for banquets etc.
- Grand Salon
- Utility Room
- Large terrace with outside dining table is shaded by a magnolia tree and views over the pool and grounds.
- Master Bedroom 'La Roseraie': 4 poster bed (190x200cm), walk-in closet, en-suite bathroom with tub, walk-in shower shower and twin basins (separate toilet and bidet)
- Bedroom 2 'Cyrus room': double bed (140x190cm)
- Bedroom 3 'Emile's room': tower room with single 4 poster bed (105x180cm)
- Bathroom with bathtub, basin and toilet (shared between bedrooms 2 and 3)
- Bedroom 4 'Eliane's room': Toile de Jouy-themed twin bedroom (each bed 90x180cm) with en-suite bathroom with walk in shower, toilet and basin
- Laundry Room
- Bedroom 5 'La Chambre Bleue': double bed (140x190cm) with en-suite bathroom with bathtub, bidet, toilet and basin
- Bedroom 6 'Les Arums': double bed (140x190cm) with en-suite bathroom with bathtub, bidet, toilet and basin
- Bedroom 7 'Les Grandes Fleurs': double bed (160x 200cm) with en-suite bathroom with walk-in shower and twin basin
- Bedroom 8 'La Mouette': tower twin bedroom (each bed 90x180cm which can be put together) off bedroom 7
- Separate toilet (shared between bedrooms 7 and 8)
- Bedroom 9 'La Moderne': 2 single beds (each bed 90x180cm which can be put together) set as sofa, library and comfortable space
- Bedroom 10 'La Petite Toile': Toile de Jouy-themed with twin beds (120x185cm)
- Bedroom 11 'La Loge' room: single sofa bed, tea/coffee space, private access through stairs leading down from the Painting Gallery
- Bathroom with bathtub, toilet and basin (shared between rooms 9, 10 and 11)
The chateau is set in 2.2 hectares and consists formal gardens and swimming pool area, including a paddling area for children. The river Le Luech runs along one boundary and is bounded by hills and a brook on the other sides.
The pool area comprises:
- Swimmin pool (size: 16x6m and can be heated at additional cost)
- Kitchen (Cuisine d'ete) with dishwasher
- Barbecue Area
- Changing room
- Covered pergola/eating area
- Plant room (out of bounds)
(Note: the attic roof space on the third floor is not accessible)
The local village of Chamborigaud is a five minute walk, and contains three small supermarkets, a boulangerie, butcher, 3 restaurants, a tobacconist and a wine shop. There is also a wonderful market on Sunday's that should not be missed during your stay!
There are two 18 hole golf-courses within an hour's drive towards Nimes, and you'll also find a 9 hole golf course not too far from Villefort (approximately 30 minutes' drive away). The area also has excellent trout fishing and there are several stocked lakes for children.
The newly refurbished tennis court is only 5 minutes' walk away if you feel the need for a more intense workout. There is a key to the tennis court at the chateau. If you want to ensure you can get on you need to book a slot at the town hall or restaurant in town (€7 p/h) but most people just chance it as it is rarely used. However, be aware that someone else may come along and use it if you haven't booked it.
The whole area is adjacent to the Cevennes National Park, which is renowned for its beautiful scenery and rivers - here you'll find an abundance of walks through unspoiled countryside. There is skiing in the Cevennes at nearby Mas de la Barque and Mont Aigaoul – ski de fond (cross country) is the most common way to enjoy the area, with a little downhill and tobogganing also available. It's 30-40 mins drive to skiing at Mas de la Barque, and the reservoir at Villefort is 30 mins drive away and offers a huge range of outdoor activities including pedalo hiring, kayaks, sailing boats, mountaineering, canyoning and potholing.
Flights - The chateau is one hours drive from Nimes (Garons) airport (Ryanair from Luton and East Midlands), or 1½ hours from Montpellier (Ryanair from Stansted or Easyjet from Gatwick), or 2 hours from Marseilles (British Airways from Gatwick).
Trains - Eurostar to Lille or Paris and then TGV to Nimes. From Nimes either taxi or train from Nimes to Chamborigaud (which goes on to Clermont Ferrand) – the chateau is a 15 minute walk from the train station.
The area also has its own vineyards and free “degustations” (wine tastings) and tours can easily be arranged. The area is rich in beautiful towns with nearby Uzes and the World Heritage Site of Pont du Gard – the Roman Aquaduct is also within an hour's drive, and is a must see if you've a passion for history!
Ales is the nearest large town for shopping, and is situated a 20 minute drive away. It has the usual hypermarkets, ten-pin bowling, cinemas and a hospital. There is also a doctor's surgery in close proximity to the house.
Walking – the estate is bordered by the River Luech and there are some beautiful walks along its banks straight from the chateau grounds. The nearby village of Pont de Rastel is a short walk away, and is also incredible beautiful and perfect for exploring on foot!
This chateau does not have any reviews but the agent has 10 reviews for their other properties.
This chateau is:
Outside this chateau in Chamborigaud, the South of FranceThis chateau has a pool, a tennis court and a children pool.
Prices and availability
Updated 14 January 2019
- Your booking
- Available start/end date
Select your travel dates on the calendar
Changeover days and minimum stays
- 18 January 2019 - 14 January 2022: the minimum stay is 2 nights.
Refundable Breakage Deposit
£1,000.00 per booking, paid locally
10 bedrooms, Sleeps 18
Internet / WiFi