Le Tilleul Luxury Farmhouse With Private Pool And Stunning Views
Farm house with 4 bedrooms and swimming pool in Chalais, France
Booking cost: £0.00
From £761 per week
Farm house to rent in Chalais, France
Farm house overview - owner's description
A traditional French farmhouse with a private 12x6m pool and country views, situated near Chalais and Aubeterre sur Dronne on the border of the Dordogne and Charente furnished to luxury standard.
Le Tilleul (The Linden Tree) is a beautiful French 19thC self catering farmhouse furnished to a high standard near Aubeterre and Chalais on the border of the Dordogne and Charente (the 2nd sunniest department in France). Located just south of Saint-Quentin-de-Chalais amidst glorious fields of sunflowers and corn the house is a haven of peace and tranquility. The large private 12 X 6 swimming pool has a deep end and Roman steps with 2 sunbathing terraces.The 4 double ensuite bedrooms (slps 8-10) each have beautiful country views while the spacious renovated country style kitchen contains all the latest equipment plus a log burner. Le Tilleul is an ideal holiday venue for visiting Aubeterre-sur-Dronne, one of the prettiest villages in France, Riberac, Bordeaux, Cognac, Bergerac, Brantôme and the western Dordogne.
The 2 pool terraces offer space for loungers, tables, ice coolers, parasols and reclining chairs. The pretty landscaped garden provides a range of dining areas in sun and shade and a beautiful wild flower meadow. The views are of rolling countryside to distant farms.
Inside, the impressive double height living room is arranged into 4 areas for reading, dining, relaxing and looking over the garden and watching TV. The Smart 40” HD TV has both satellite and internet channels including free Netflix and YouTube. The farmhouse kitchen is sympathetically updated with modern fitted units, a dining table, range cooker, dishwasher, storage and a log burner. Beyond the kitchen the utility room houses the washing machine, microwave and 2 fridge freezers.
The ground floor bedroom opens to the garden and contains a 5 foot double bed and matching oak furniture, with a private shower room, loo and basin. The three upstairs bedrooms each sleep 2 in a combination of double and kingsize or twin options. All bedrooms have ensuite facilities and there are 3 WCs.
The location is peaceful and unhurried, surrounded by woodland and fields. The nearby town of Chalais offers a good selection of shops and services including an Intermarche and holds a weekly market. Other attractions close by include Aubeterre-sur-Dronne (one of the prettiest villages in France) with its 9 hole golf course, Riberac, Bergerac, Brantome, Cognac and Bordeaux.
1 other review
1 - 1 of 1
This farm house is:
Sights and attractions
Outside this farm house in Chalais, FranceThis farm house is in the countryside and in a quiet area. It has a pool, a balcony, a barbecue, outside lighting and a garden. Car hire is necessary as the renter will need a car to get about for shopping, eating out and the beach; however parking is available if required.
Prices and availability
Updated 20 April 2017
Select your travel dates on the calendar
Changeover days and minimum stays
- 19 April - 24 June 2017: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 25 June - 2 September 2017: changeover day is Sunday, bookings must be for whole weeks only and the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 3 September - 20 December 2017: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 21 December 2017 - 3 January 2018: the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 4 January - 17 March 2018: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 18 March - 31 March 2018: the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 1 April - 7 April 2018: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 24 June - 1 September 2018: changeover day is Sunday and the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 2 September - 22 December 2018: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 23 December 2018 - 5 January 2019: changeover day is Sunday and the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 6 January - 8 April 2019: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 12 April - 18 April 2019: the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 19 April - 24 June 2019: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 25 June - 2 September 2019: changeover day is Sunday, bookings must be for whole weeks only and the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 3 September - 20 December 2019: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 21 December 2019 - 3 January 2020: the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 4 January - 17 March 2020: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
4 bedrooms, Sleeps 10:
- 1 double bed and en suite
- 1 king size bed and en suite
- 1 double bed and en suite
- 2 single beds and en suite
There is also 1 double sofa bed in In the lounge, 1 cot
4 en suite bathrooms, 1 Separate WC
Private pool with solar heating, Size 12m x 6m, Depth 0.8m to 2m
CD player, DVD/Blu-ray player, Internet / WiFi, Radio, Telephone, TV Languages in English, French, Satellite / cable
Living area seats 11, Dining area seats 10, Central heating, Open fire, Hair dryer, Iron / board, Towels / linen, Washing machine, Car hire essential
Cooker, Crockery, Cutlery, Dishwasher, Fridge, Freezer, Glassware, Kettle, Microwave, Oven, Pots / pans, Toaster
Balcony or terrace, Barbecue, Outside lighting, Parking, Private garden
There are wonderful country views
Private Owner From Leigh On Sea, United Kingdom Member since Mar 2016
Last logged in: 5 days ago
Number of properties: 1