Chateau with 10 bedrooms, 10 bathrooms and private pool in Castelnau-Montratier-Sainte-Alauzie, the South of France
Booking cost: £0.00
Pay onlybooking deposit
From £6,946 per week
Chateau to rent in Castelnau-Montratier-Sainte-Alauzie, the South of France
Domaine Fabriges, a luxury holiday property in the Lot, sits on 75 acres of grounds with beautiful landscaped gardens, 2 fenced ponds, a large wood, a plane tree avenue and a children's play area.
Share this holiday home
Chateau overview - owner's description
Domaine Fabriges, a luxury holiday property in the Lot, sits on 75 acres of grounds with beautiful landscaped gardens, 2 fenced ponds, a large wood, a plane tree avenue and a children's play area. Relax on several terraces or under a leafy pagoda. While the children enjoy the 15m swimming pool constructed from Quercy stone with a charming waterfall, adults can rest on misted loungers or at the shaded bar and seating area. With a tennis court, billiard table, table tennis and more, there's always something to do.
The old Quercy domaine has 10 en-suite bedrooms over two buildings and several reception rooms. The original fireplaces and underfloor heating in many rooms keep you comfortable year-round, and you'll love the SONOS zones throughout the house and outside. Maid service is included, and you'll have access to the extensive house wine cellar.
If you can tear yourself away from the property, explore the main square and get a coffee in Molieres (3km). Nearby medieval villages like Castelnau Montratier and Cahors have weekly markets, shops and beautiful architecture.
This splendid French chateau is 1 hr from the Toulouse and Brive airports and 20 minutes from the private aviation Cahors airport.
Good news! For a little extra, this property is available as a Vill'otelYey! Wait… what is that?
It's the perfect combo of the privacy of your own personal villa, with all the luxury and convenience of a hotel. What's included?
Breakfast, cleaning, welcome drinks and hamper, plus more! Check the Extras tab for all the details.
Interior of Chateau
- Grand front hall with original fireplace
- Winter sitting room
- Summer room, a converted barn with six sets of French windows leading to gardens and both terraces
- Kitchen, fully equipped including Le Cornu range with 4 gas hobs, 2 electric hobs and one gas oven, one electric oven, microwave, fridge, two dishwashers
- Large dining room with banquet table for up to 20 guests and fireplace. Doors leading to breakfast terrace
- Adjoining ante room
- Red Bedroom with king-size bed and canopy. En-suite bathroom
- Billiard room with full-size table and fireplace
- Medieval vaulted well stocked wine cellars with air-conditioning (wines available to purchase, the wine list can be sent in advance on request)
First Floor (all bedrooms en-suite on this floor)
- Master suite with super king-size bed, two bathrooms and two dressing rooms
- Cream bedroom with large super king bed
- Blue bedroom, the smallest room but dual aspect
- Sunflower room with super king bed with canopy and dressing room with small bed, ideal for small child
- Triple bedroom with three beds, ideal for children
Separate building (La Grange)
- Moulin double bedroom with en-suite bathroom featuring shower and roll top bath
- Magnolia super king-size bedroom with en-suite bathroom featuring roll top bath and shower
- Jardin twin bedroom with en-suite shower room. French windows open onto the garden
- Feu king-size bedroom with en-suite bath/shower room. French doors open onto the garden
- Swimming pool (15m length) with small waterfall at one end. Open May til September
- Shaded bar and seating area
- Pool shower and WC
- Discreet misting system by pool (controlled at pool bar)
- Breakfast terrace
- Pagoda with al-fresco dining table with integral cooling misting system
- Children's play area with swings, trampoline, slide and playhouse
- All-weather hard tennis court with floodlights and own pavilion
- Vegetable and herb gardens
- Wooded grounds
- Flat lawn area
- Two fenced ponds
- Parking at rear of domaine
- Internet Access/Wi-Fi (covers most of downstairs)
- Underfloor heating in some rooms
- Hairdryers in each room
- Different pillows available on request
- TV room with Sky and Apple TV 1080, use your own content
- Sonos for the main receptions rooms, outside dining areas, pool area and even in the pool – bring your own iPod and fill the house and grounds with your music
- Cooling misting jets at the outside lunch table and over the loungers in the pool area
- Billiard room
- Table Football – championship specification table
- Table Tennis
- Outside pool bar with fridge and ice
- Trampoline and children's play area
- Gas and coal barbeque
The local area is ideal for walking, exploring fine medieval villages, antique markets, horse-riding tours, playing golf and more. There are wonderful villages in the neighborhood. Molieres (3km) is the closest village to get bread, a newspaper and a cup of coffee.
A nice place to have lunch is under the medieval open marketplace in Castelnau Montratier (7km), a famous Bastide town where the owners are friendly and the lunch menu of the day is simple but good. There are a number of banks, a good pharmacy, a friendly doctor, beautician etc.
Cahors (34km) is a beautiful medieval town, full of upmarket shops and a great market on Thursdays and Saturdays. There are also a number of good restaurants and cafes. This is about a 30-minute drive.
Montcuq (26km) is also highly recommended. It is a beautiful drive there. The town offers good restaurants and cafes. The market on Sunday is packed, so an early start is recommended!
There are daily markets and schedules are announced in the local newspaper. Local farmers sell their produce here. Don't miss the spring-only strawberry variety “Gariguettes” filling the stands or the bundles of green asparagus. Look out for announcements for antique markets (Brocantes or vide-greniers) on the roadside at roundabouts or intersections. The staff on site will be happy to provided you with any further information that you may need – vineyards, riding, kayaking, caves, water parks, etc.
Moissac (30 km) has a beautiful church and an impressive monastery visited by pilgrims on their way to Santiago de Compostella. Next to the monastery is the Bistro de l‘abbaye on the church square where lunch outside is wonderful in the shade of the magnolia trees.
Toulouse is a one-hour drive over a comfortable highway. It's a beautiful city and perfect for shopaholics. A hot tourist attraction is St Emilion; the authentic wine town next to Bordeaux with wine history at every corner. It's a must but not less than a two hour drive to the west. Bordeaux is a stunning city at under 2hrs away.
This chateau does not have any reviews but the agent has 4 reviews for their other properties.
This chateau is:
Outside this chateau in Castelnau-Montratier-Sainte-Alauzie, the South of FranceThis chateau has a pool and a tennis court.
Prices and availability
Updated 31 July 2018
- Your booking
- Available start/end date
Select your travel dates on the calendar
Changeover days and minimum stays
- 14 August - 7 September 2018: changeover day is Saturday and the minimum stay is 2 nights.
- 8 September - 21 September 2018: the minimum stay is 2 nights.
- 22 September 2018 - 2 January 2026: changeover day is Saturday and the minimum stay is 2 nights.
Refundable Breakage Deposit
£1,000.00 per booking, paid locally
10 bedrooms, Sleeps 20
Internet / WiFi