Manoir Des Cedres
Chateau with 8 bedrooms and 6 bathrooms in Castelmoron-sur-Lot, France
From £3,793 per week
Chateau to rent in Castelmoron-sur-Lot, France
Set amongst the undulating landscapes of the Lot-et-Garonne, with stunning views of the surrounding orchards, fields and wild woods.
Share this holiday home
Chateau overview - owner's description
Set amongst the undulating landscapes of the Lot-et-Garonne, with stunning views of the surrounding orchards, fields and wild woods, Manoir des Cedres is a beautiful holiday home in this picturesque region.
The owners have lovingly restored their Manoir, including a 400 year pigeonnier, with sensitivity and style, retaining so many traditional features such as exposed stonework and ancient wood beamed ceilings with contemporary decor and design. Every comfort has been considered from 100% Egyptian cotton linen in each of the five en-suite bedrooms to a Smart TV and incredibly well-equipped kitchen plus plenty to entertain the family such as the brilliant computer games area with its own screen and console.
Outside you can admire the amazing vistas from the exquisite swimming pool or simply enjoy a glass of local wine from the south-west facing terrace as you look out to the cacophony of green fields and orchards around you. The gardens are vast and include a 400 year old Cedar tree dating back to when the Manoir was first built as well. You'll also find a ruined watermill by the stream that leads to the River Lot. As evening falls, prepare a barbecue with goods from the local market as you gather in the evening for wonderful meals on your impressive terrace under the starry sky.
Alongside the Manoir, just across from the drive, is the Cottage Des Cedres, formerly a barn which has been coverted into a charming three bedroom home with its own enclosed gardens and private pool. For 15 guests or more the cottage is included in the rental price or it can be rented separately. The owners also live on site with their friendly dog and tend to their surrounding beautiful grounds. They can cook you amazing meals if you wish, sampling some the most local and delicious produce around.
You can wander through the plum and kiwi orchards to the local village where you will find a couple of bakeries for your morning pastries, a little supermarket and a cafe serving lunch daily in July and August plus a glorious beach on the banks of the River Lot where you can swim and hire boats in the summer months. Explore further afield to idyllic hilltop villages which come alive in the summer evenings with night markets serving amazing food and drinks. This area is well known not only for the delicious fruit but also some of France's most famous vineyards where you can sample the fine wines of the region.
Hire bikes in the local village, play golf or go horse-riding through the magnificent countryside or simply explore some of France's Plus Beaux Villages such as Pujols and Monflanquin or cross the border to Dordogne to discover some gems such as Monpazier, Issigeac and beautiful Bergerac, all within an hour.
That said, with such glorious views (you may even spot deer or falcons from your terrace), you don't have to travel far from the house to be amazed by this captivating area.
1) Manoir des Cedres & Cottage (20 guests)
2) Manoir des Cedres Only (14 guests)
Manoir Interior (max. 10 adults + 4 children only)
- Kitchen, well equipped including 5 ring gas hob, American fridge-freezer with ice-maker, dishwasher, , 2 electric fan ovens (one standard size and the other smaller with grill), microwave, coffee maker and armoir larder for storage. Door leading to garden
- Open-plan dining area with table and chairs for up to 14 guests and woodburning stove. Sliding doors out to covered terrace
- Open-plan living area (one step down from dining area) with sofas, Smart TV and DVD player
- Bedroom with king-size bed, door to outside. En-suite (via step) shower room with walk-in shower and WC
- Separate WC
-Master bedroom (in the pigeonnier tower) with super-king-size bed with drapes, platform with roll-top bath, antique screen, dressing tables and sofa. Views of pool and garden. En-suite shower room with walk-in shower and WC
- Family bedroom with king-size antique bed and en-suite shower room with walk-in shower and WC. Door leads to children's room (low beam) with double bed plus 2 single beds. Pool and garden views
- Bedroom with Emperor-size bed and chaise longue. En-suite (accessed under a beam) with walk-in shower and enclosed WC. Located on north-west corner, so coolest room in summer
- Bedroom with double antique style bed and en-suite bathroom with corner bath, separate walk-in shower and separate WC. Located on north-east corner so gets morning sunshine
- Computer gaming area with screen, game console and seating
- Swimming pool (10mx5m) with security alarm open April to October
- Poolside terrace with 6 sun-loungers and a large ‘lounging pod' seating up to 4
- Covered terrace (12mx4m) with lounge area and al-fresco dining table for up to 14 guests
- Weber gas BBQ
- Gardens (unenclosed) including mature trees and amazing wildlife
- The estate includes a ruined watermill along a stream leading to the River Lot
- Shared laundry room with washing machine and hanging facilities (located by the cottage)
- Covered parking upon request
- Smart TV with English channels
- DVD player and DVDs
- Board games
- Games console and screen
- Shared washing machine
Cottage Interior (max 6 adults or 4 adults and 3 children)
- Living area with sofas, wood-burning stove, TV and DVD player and sliding doors leading to large decked area
- Kitchen-diner, well equipped including gas cooker and hob, microwave, coffee machine, kettle, dishwasher and breakfast bar. Dining area has dining table for up to 7 guests, reading area and second fridge. French doors out to small balcony/terrace with table and chairs for 2
- Bedroom with super-king bed (can be made up as a twin), ceiling fan and hairdryer
- Bedroom with king-size bed and ceiling fan
- Triple bedroom with bunk-beds (double on bottom, single on the top) and ceiling fan. Suitable for 2 adults and 1 child- Shower room with walk-in shower and WC
- Separate WC
- Heating up to 20C
- TV with English channels
- DVD player and DVDs
- Sound system
- Board games
- Shared washing machine
A baby-pack is also available (includes one highchair and one cot) - please request at the time of booking
Located in the Lot-et-Garonne region, you are surrounded by fruit orchards, cedar trees, fields, sunflowers and wild woods. Local wildlife on the estate and beyond include deer, wild boar, rabbits, hares, eagles and other birds of prey. At the end of the estate there's a ruined watermill by a stream which leads to the River Lot.
You can wander down the nearby road or through the valley via the kiwi and plum orchards to the local village where you can pick up your breakfast croissants and bread, a small supermarket, delicatessen, two boulangeries and a cafe for your morning coffee and they also serve lunches daily in July and August. You can also find some wonderful local produce at the weekly market on a Wednesday morning.
There is also a village beach on the River Lot where you can hire canoes, pedalos and motorboats in the summer months (late June to early September) and a sandy area from which you can swim, sectioned off from the boats.
There are further facilities in the town of Sainte-Livrade-sur-Lot (10km) such as a large supermarket. Follow the river further east towards the ancient bastide town of Villeneuve-sur-Lot (20km) and keen hikers can then follow the hilly route south to the picturesque hilltop village of Pujols (20km), noted as one of France's most Plus Beaux Villages. Penne D'Agenais (31km) with its impressive architecture is also worthy of a visit in this beautiful region and it's worth visiting Agen (34km), an interesting French town which is the most important in this region.
As well as summer boats and bike hire in the nearby village, there are plenty of activities on offer in this area. Golf lovers can tee up at Golf Barthe (12km), just ten minutes by car whilst there is an excellent horse-riding centre a little further near Saint-Pierre-Sur-Dropt (42km). Kids will love visiting the local farm just a ten minute drive away or head further south to Parc Walibi amusement park (43km) near Agen.
In July and August you can explore the night markets in charming local villages where local food is sold and cooked for you by local artisans with live music and plenty of drinks. This area is of course wonderful for some of France's most famous vineyards where you can sample and buy some excellent wines. Not forgetting the amazing fruit that is grown in the region (as well as on the estate); the local plums, Pruneaux D'Agen, are particularly delicious, especially when steeped in the local Armagnac.
Other noteworthy places to visit include Monflanquin (34km), another of France's Plus Beaux Villages, a beautifully preserved bastide town full of medieval character with a great market on a Thursday or cross the border into the magical Dordogne department to Monpazier (55km), one of France's most impressive and stunning villages. The beautiful city of Bergerac (64km) with its famous Maison des Vins can also be visited in a day, possibly combining the visit with the lovely village of Issigeac (50km) with its fantastic weekly market.
This chateau does not have any reviews but the agent has 8 reviews for their other properties.
This chateau is:
Prices and availability
Updated 2 November 2018
- Your booking
- Available start/end date
Select your travel dates on the calendar
Changeover days and minimum stays
- 14 November 2018 - 31 May 2019: changeover day is Saturday and the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 1 June - 27 September 2019: changeover day is Saturday and the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 28 September 2019 - 29 May 2020: changeover day is Saturday and the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 30 May - 25 September 2020: changeover day is Saturday and the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 26 September 2020 - 2 November 2021: changeover day is Saturday and the minimum stay is 3 nights.
Refundable Breakage Deposit
£1,000.00 per booking, paid locally
8 bedrooms, Sleeps 20