Gite with 2 bedrooms and 1 bathroom in Carcassonne, the South of France
Booking cost: £0.00
From £340 per week
Gite to rent in Carcassonne, the South of France
Gite overview - owner's description
Gite in a lovely old farmhouse with lots of charm and character, beautifully situated on the edge of a village, just a short walking distance from all its amenities, wi-fi, terrace and lovely gardens
This comfortable, well furnished gite is part of a restored farmhouse dating back over 200 years to around the time of the French Revolution. The property offers good quality family accommodation, with one large double bedroom and a twin bedded room. Both bedrooms offer lovely views across the extensive gardens to the wooded valley. The main living room and principal bedroom both open out onto the private terrace.
Situated on the edge of the village it is nonetheless within easy walking distance of the boulangerie and village shops, bar, restaurant, etc.
The gite is a superb base for those who wish to explore the two magnificent World Heritage sites of the Canal du Midi and the fairytale Cite de Carcassonne with its 54 turrets, explore the beautiful countryside of part of France, delve into its fascinating history, or simply sit on the terrace in the sun, or in the shade of the old walnut tree, with a good book and a glass of wine.
The local area also has many miles of walks, paths and bridleways some starting quite literally from the front door making it an excellent base for both serious walkers and those who prefer a stroll in the woods after dinner.
If a beach is your preference, there are also lovely sandy bathing lakes within half an hour of the gite.
Wander into the peaceful village in the warm sunshine for your croissants from the boulangerie, visit the amazing book town of Montolieu, just a few miles away, with its ancient little cottages perched on the edge of the ravine. Taste the local wines at one of the many "Domaines" close by, or perhaps visit one of the many Cathar castles, some just a few minutes away by car. ... or maybe just relax in the garden in the warm evening sunshine with a good book - the choice is yours. There is so much to do in this region that you will want to come back again and again.
This gite does not have any reviews.
This gite is:
Sights and attractions
Outside this gite in Carcassonne, the South of FranceThis gite is in the countryside and in a quiet area near the mountains. It has a balcony, a barbecue, outside lighting and a garden. Car hire is recommended as the gite is less than a 15 minute walk to at least a couple of shops, bars and restaurants; however parking is available if required.
Prices and availability
Updated 1 March 2017
Select your travel dates on the calendar
Changeover days and minimum stays
- 28 March - 23 May 2017: changeover day is Saturday and the minimum stay is 4 nights.
- 24 May - 25 September 2017: changeover day is Saturday and the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 26 September 2017 - 2 January 2018: changeover day is Saturday and the minimum stay is 4 nights.
- 28 March - 23 May 2018: changeover day is Saturday and the minimum stay is 4 nights.
- 24 May - 25 September 2018: changeover day is Saturday and the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 26 September 2018 - 2 January 2019: changeover day is Saturday and the minimum stay is 4 nights.
- 28 March - 23 May 2019: changeover day is Saturday and the minimum stay is 4 nights.
- 24 May - 25 September 2019: changeover day is Saturday and the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 26 September 2019 - 2 January 2020: changeover day is Saturday and the minimum stay is 4 nights.
Long stay discounts
- Arrive between 6 June - 29 August and receive 10% off if the booking is for 3 weeks or more.
- Arrive between 30 August - 31 October and receive 15% off if the booking is for 3 weeks or more.
- Arrive between 1 November - 5 June and receive £75.00 off if the booking is for 3 weeks or more.
If more than one discount matches your arrival date, please be aware that only one discount of the highest amount will be applied to your booking.
2 bedrooms, Sleeps 4:
- 1 double bed
- 2 single beds
There is also 1 cot
DVD/Blu-ray player, Internet / WiFi, TV Languages in English, Satellite / cable
Living area seats 5, Dining area seats 4, Open fire, Clothes drier, Hair dryer, Iron / board, Towels / linen, Washing machine, Car hire recommended
Cooker, Crockery, Cutlery, Fridge, Freezer, Glassware, Kettle, Microwave, Oven, Pots / pans, Toaster
Balcony or terrace, Barbecue, Outside lighting, Parking, Private garden
Children, Infants, Single gender groups
Private Owner From Solihull, United Kingdom Member since Jan 2015
Last logged in: 5 months ago
Number of properties: 2