Chateau La Monte Epinge
Chateau with 11 bedrooms and 6 bathrooms in Brix, France
Booking cost: £0.00
Pay onlybooking deposit
From £2,396 per week
Chateau to rent in Brix, France
Chateau overview - owner's description
In the delightful Normandy countryside sits the enchanting Chateau la Monte Epinge.
In the delightful Normandy countryside sits the enchanting Chateau la Monte Epinge. This 18th century chateau is a lived in and loved family home that offers grand but comfortable accommodation for great value.
The Chateau la Monte Epinge is 30 minutes from the dramatic Normandy sandy beaches overlooking Jersey. The chateau had an interesting part to play in the Second World War. It was commandeered by the German army and became one of their HQs for communications.
Chateau la Monte Epinge can sleep 27 guests. Also on site there is a Carriage House (sleeps 12), and the Mews (sleeps 5) that can be booked along with the chateau making the maximum capacity for the estate 44 guests. Being so close to the UK, this is a superb long weekend chateau retreat. The chateau is rented on a self catering basis but catering is possible on request.
The chateau can sleep up to 27 guests and comprises 3 reception rooms, a large fully equipped kitchen, a hall and a boot room. There are 11 bedrooms, 6 full bathrooms and a downstairs WC.
The chateau is centrally heated, and comes with wooden floors, French windows, and giant beams. The grounds incorporate woodlands, an orchard, a large barn, playing fields and a BBQ area.
There is a phenomenal amount to do in Normandy. Cherbourg port is 15km away, and the charming town of Brix is 3km away.
Surfing is possible, of course, and it is well worth visiting the Second World War landing beaches and museums.
For the nocturnal there is always the Cherbourg casino and night club.
This chateau does not have any reviews but the agent has 2 reviews for their other properties.
This chateau is:
Prices and availability
Updated 17 December 2017
Select your travel dates on the calendar
Changeover days and minimum stays
- 18 December - 21 December 2017: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 22 December 2017 - 5 January 2018: the minimum stay is 2 nights.
- 6 January - 16 June 2018: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 17 June - 1 September 2018: the minimum stay is 2 nights.
- 2 September - 20 December 2018: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 21 December 2018 - 4 January 2019: the minimum stay is 2 nights.
- 5 January - 15 June 2019: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 16 June - 31 August 2019: the minimum stay is 2 nights.
- 1 September - 21 December 2019: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 22 December 2019 - 3 January 2020: the minimum stay is 2 nights.
- 4 January 2020 - 4 January 2025: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
Refundable Breakage Deposit
£1,000.00 per booking, paid locally
11 bedrooms, Sleeps 27
DVD/Blu-ray player, Internet / WiFi, TV, Satellite / cable
Central heating, Open fire, Car hire optional