Chateau with 5 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms and swimming pool in Bouilhonnac, the South of France
Booking cost: £0.00
Pay onlybooking deposit
From £2,358 per week
Chateau to rent in Bouilhonnac, the South of France
Chateau overview - owner's description
A truly authentic family Chateau, with views of the great La Cite of Carcassonne, you will find yourself just 15 minutes from all the tourist sights and 5 minutes from the busy Canal du Midi.
A truly authentic family Chateau, with views of the great La Cite of Carcassonne, you will find yourself just 15 minutes from all the tourist sights and 5 minutes from the busy Canal du Midi. This 16th Century Chateau sleeps 12 and comes complete with original fine furnishings and fixtures.
Everything about this Chateau has remained faithfully original, having been in the same family for 500 years. Heirlooms line the walls and mantelpieces, and each room is authentically decorated.
Feel the warm Mediterranean breeze on your face when you dine al fresco on the grand terrace “balcony of La Cite”. This terrace can seat up to 120 people and boasts a panoramic view of the medieval La Cite in Carcassonne. On cooler evenings dine alongside the great fireplace transported from the ancient Chateau (dated approximately 1200AD) and let the fragrant floral scents lull you to sleep in the charming bedrooms.
Nestled in a picturesque, historical village, discover what it feels like to live in a historic family home of over 500 years, discreet and away from the hustle and bustle of daily life.
In the heart of the Chateau, leading off “The Grand Terrace” is a fully equipped kitchen, with range cooker, American style fridge, microwave, dishwasher and washing machine, alongside a kitchen/dining/breakfast room with large, sunny, bay windows – and a table that seats all the family.
Step through the drawing/family/games room, perfect for keeping teenagers entertained, into the formal dining room with its ancient, stone fireplace. A “salon de jour” comes complete with TV, historical artefacts and a “secret” passage that leads out to the balcony. A toilet/wash room completes the downstairs reception area.
Walk up the stone staircase and you'll discover 3 large double rooms, 2 with their own bathroom en-suite and one with a shower en-suite. Two additional rooms come complete with 3 single beds in each and are ideal for smaller members of the family. There are a number of wood burning fireplaces throughout the Chateau. These are all active and sufficient to warm the house. In addition there are electric radiators in all the rooms.
The garden and terrace include furniture, BBQ facilities, umbrellas and nightlight. There is also a private pool above the ground (7x3m). Parking in front for 4 vehicles, covered parking available on request.
The historical village is perched on a hill and surrounds one of the actual “look outs” of the ancient Cite in Carcassonne. Just 5km away, and with a tunnel dug deep underground, this small, historic village is forever linked to the fate of La Cite, Carcassonne.
Discreet and “out-of-the-way”, the quiet village of the Chateau is only 5 minutes from the bustle of Trebes, with its delicious patisseries, bars and restaurants. Situated on the famous Canal du Midi, Trebes (featured in Rick Stein's wonderful series), has become a popular stopover for the thousands of Canal visitors that flock to the area each year.
Many vineyards are in the area and wine tours, revealing some of the more “boutique” wines not well known outside the region, are available for groups of up to 7 at a time.
There are also plenty of activities and other places of interest to keep one entertained such as:
- Carcassonne Plage (Lac de Cavayere) – 10 mins – a very clean pebbled beach and another creamy white sand beach with swimming lake.
- Golf – Carcassonne has an international standard 18 hole golf course.
- Walking – From the front door of the Chateau or along the Canal du Midi.
- Tennis – Local courts free of charge – 5 mins.
- Skiing – 1 hrs drive to the slopes of the Pyrenees.
- Cycling – Wonderfully quiet roads, a cyclists paradise. Cycle hire available from Trebes (3 mins).
- Horse-riding – local stables offer riding for all abilities.
- Canoeing & Kayaking – White water rafting in a nearby village.
The Chateau can be easily reached by taxi from both the train station and Salvaza airport for around €30 for a family of four. We can also arrange collection for larger groups of 7 people, or less. Please call Oliver's VIP Concierge for details.
Carcassonne and its myriad of bars, restaurants, sights and sounds is only 15 minutes by car.
The Oliver's Concierge Team is available to help you arrange any of those little extras that can really make the difference. For example:
- Maid service/extra cleaning
- Private chef/cook/catering
- Welcome hamper/pre-stocked fridge
- Local day-trips or tours
- Airport transfers
- Babysitting/childcare services
Simply fill in the concierge request form or contact the Oliver's Concierge Team.
The following extra services are available at this property:
- A gourmand chef is on hand and menus can be arranged upon request. The average cost for the Chef, including sourcing fine, local produce, preparation and service is €260 per meal.
- Babysitting starts at €15 p/h with a minimum of 3 hours.
- House cleaning services available upon request.
- We can prepare a picnic basket for you upon request
- For wine lovers, the Chateau can offer you a wine tasting session one evening by prior arrangement, or alternatively arrange an accompanied wine visit to a number of wine estates.
- A private cookery course can also be arranged.
Please note that all services are subject to availability and must be requested in advance and that due to some rural/remote locations, not all services will be available at all properties. Prices are on request.
We will always do our best to fulfil your requests!
This chateau does not have any reviews.
This chateau is:
Outside this chateau in Bouilhonnac, the South of FranceThis chateau has a pool, a shared pool, a tennis court and a children pool.
Prices and availability
Updated 16 August 2017
Select your travel dates on the calendar
Changeover days and minimum stays
- 20 May 2017 - 2 January 2018: the minimum stay is 4 nights.
- 2 January 2018 - 1 January 2019: the minimum stay is 4 nights.
- 1 January - 30 December 2019: the minimum stay is 4 nights.
Refundable Breakage Deposit
£912.58 per booking, paid locally
5 bedrooms, Sleeps 12
3 bathrooms including 5 en suites
DVD/Blu-ray player, Internet / WiFi, TV, Satellite / cable
Air conditioning, Central heating, Open fire, Car hire optional
Hen or stag groups, Smoking, Pets