Chateau Philippe De Fay
Chateau with 42 bedrooms and 36 bathrooms in Boisney, France
Booking cost: £0.00
Pay onlybooking deposit
From £14,365 per week
Chateau to rent in Boisney, France
Chateau overview - owner's description
Built in the 18th century, Chateau Philippe de Fay is a majestic holiday and wedding venue strategically located in a peaceful and quiet environment only 9 km away from Bernay.
Built in the 18th century, Chateau Philippe de Fay is a majestic holiday and wedding venue strategically located in a peaceful and quiet environment only 9 km away from Bernay, in the beautiful south Normandy region.
Surrounded by a 5 acres wooded park, the main Chateau occupies an area of 1200m² and offers accommodation for up to 38 guests. With its annex buildings, the whole estate covers a total area of 2500m² offering accommodation for up to 92 guests.
The ground floor of more than 300m² features 4 spacious lounges and a large kitchen, whereas bedrooms, bathrooms and additional dining and receptions room are spread over the first and second floors. There is also a large basement with splendid cellars converted into a games room and a museum dedicated to Bookend.
Steeped in history, the property was built at the end of the reign of Louis XV by Philippe of Fay. It combines the charm of a rural location with the nobility of a brick and stone building of the mid 18th century. A cute chapel and side pavilions are also available.
Until 2009, the property used to host a teenager rehabilitation centre. It was then fully restored adding charming parquet floor and fireplaces. As a result, it has preserved its traditional and authentic touch, while offering modern comforts to its lucky guests.
1) The chateau has 4 separate cottages. These can also be booked along with the chateau to accommodate up to 92 guests.
2) Advertised prices do not include the marquee rental: surcharges apply.
Please see our "Features" and "T&Cs" tabs for details and prices.
Photos shown are of the entire estate.
Good news! This property is available as a Vill'otelYey! Wait… what is that?
It's the perfect combo of the privacy of your own personal villa, with all the luxury and convenience of a hotel. What's included?
Breakfast, cleaning, welcome drinks and hamper, plus more! Check the Extras tab for all the details.
Whole Estate (Chateau and Cottages)
Accommodates 92 guests in 40 bedrooms and 34 bathrooms.
Accommodates 38 guests in 20 bedrooms and 19 bathrooms.
Note: up to 5 additional single beds are also available on request, bringing the total capacity up to 97. The extra beds are charged at extra cost.
The 20 bedrooms of the chateau were refurbished in 2009 (18 double bedrooms, 2 singles rooms). Each has been decorated with great care and tastefully furnished with antiques. The decor remains faithful to the 18th century with wood paneling, tapestries and paintings. Each double room has a king or queen size bed and comes equipped with a modern private bathroom or shower room. On the first floor there are 9 bedrooms with views over the park. Another 10 rooms are located on the second floor. Two bedrooms communicate with each other for families wishing to stay nearby their children. There is also a disabled accessible room on the ground floor.
Reception & Dining Rooms
For your relaxation, 4 lounges are available in the chateau. Spread over 220m2, they are located on the ground floor and upstairs. Our lounges offer you a charming decoration and antique 18th century. Each with a different style, though they remain true to the building's architecture.
The rooms have been fully restored in the purest respect for tradition with wood paneling and period moldings. Each with its own fireplace, they are defined as warm, bright and calm. Wi-Fi and all necessary equipment for business meetings (projector, tables, chairs) are also available.
You can find a kitchen on the ground floor of the chateau and a large professional one, which is attached to the mirror room.
Banquet Halls and Marquee*
Depending on the number of your guests, you can fill the lounges of the chateau or the Hall of Mirrors (114 m²). This is detached from the main house together with the marquee (capacity: 200). This is also detached and located in the lawns in front of the chateau.
*Marquee rental is not included in the price. It can be rented only from May to October and during Christmas and New Year for an additional charge of €1.970,00/week.
“L'Ecole” (sleeps 24 in 8 studios)
Weekly supplement: €3.005,00
- Studio 1 with 2 double beds, one single bed, kitchenette, shower room and mezzanine (sleeps 5)
- Studio 2 with 1 double bed, one single bed, kitchenette and bathroom (sleeps 3)
- Studio 3 with 1 double bed, kitchenette and bathroom (sleeps 2)
- Studio 4 with 1 double bed, kitchenette and shower room (sleeps 2)
- Studio 5 with 2 double beds, kitchenette, shower room and mezzanine (sleeps 4)
- Studio 6 with 1 double bed, kitchenette, shower room and separate WC (sleeps 2)
- Studio 7 with 2 interconnected double bedrooms, kitchenette, shower room and balcony (sleeps 4)
- Studio 8 with 1 double bed, kitchenette and shower room (sleeps 2)
"La Bergerie" (sleeps 20 in 2 bedrooms and 5 studios)
Weekly supplement: €2.430,00
- Bedroom 1 with 2 double beds, kitchenette, shower room and separate WC (sleeps 4)
- Bedroom 2 1 with 2 double beds, kitchenette, shower room (sleeps 4)
- Studio 3 with 1 double bed and shower room (sleeps 2)
- Studio 4 with 1 double bed and shower room (sleeps 2)
- Studio 5 with 1 double bed and shower room (sleeps 2)
- Studio 6 with 1 double bed and shower room (sleeps 2)
- Studio 7 with 2 double beds and shower room (sleeps 4)
"La Maison de Blanche" (sleeps 5 in 3 bedrooms)
Weekly supplement: €932,00
- Bedroom 1 with king size bed (sleeps 2)
- Bedroom 2 with bunk bed (sleeps 2 children)
- Bedroom 3 with single bed (sleeps 1)
- 2 Living rooms
- Decorative fireplace
- Shower room
"La Maison de Rose" (sleeps 5 in 3 bedrooms)
Weekly supplement: €867,00
- Bedroom 1 with double bed
- Bedroom 2 with double bed
- Bedroom 3 with single bed
Park & Gardens
During your stay you can enjoy the quietness of this house, surrounded by a beautiful 5 hectares wooded park that will delight your guests.
The park also houses a chapel, ideal to take pretty pictures.
- Ping-pong table
- Pool table
Note: 5 Extra single beds and 2 cots are also available. In total 97 people can be accommodated in the chateau and its cottages.
This 18th Chateau is located in the department of Eure in Upper Normandy and is considered one of the three most beautiful antique buildings in the area.
Several famous chateaux can also be explored in this unique corner of the Loire Valley. The Battlefield Chateau is just an example. Here you can also find Battlefield a golf course.
The whole region is a haven for nature and sport lovers. A lake and a swimming pool, as well as a tennis court can be found in the near by village. Hiking, fishing and horseback riding are also available in the surroundings of the chateau.
For a fun family day out head to the Cerza Safari Zoological Park (about 30 km).
This chateau does not have any reviews but the agent has 2 reviews for their other properties.
This chateau is:
Prices and availability
Updated 15 December 2017
Select your travel dates on the calendar
Changeover days and minimum stays
- 16 December 2017 - 4 January 2025: the minimum stay is 2 nights.
Refundable Breakage Deposit
£877.77 per booking, paid locally
42 bedrooms, Sleeps 92
Internet / WiFi
Central heating, Car hire optional