Villa with 8 bedrooms, 6 bathrooms and swimming pool in Béraut, the South of France
Booking cost: £0.00
Pay onlybooking deposit
From £1,769 per week
Villa to rent in Béraut, the South of France
Villa overview - owner's description
A beautifully renovated farmhouse set in five acres of grounds with superb views.
A beautifully renovated farmhouse set in five acres of grounds with superb views, Aranton Farmhouse is an ideal holiday home for large groups and an idyllic venue for weddings and special celebrations.
A large pool, spacious summer salon and swooping views make this location pure bliss. Book the farmhouse and the lodge together for a big family gathering.
Spanning the main farmhouse and the one-story lodge are bedrooms that can sleep 16. Aranton is the perfect place for a large family holiday in Gascony.
Renovations to Aranton were completed in 2009 and the landscaping has now been completed with a beautiful old lime tree and an Italianate garden at the front of the house. The large pool with a panoramic view, a games room with ping pong and a tennis court are some of the pristine new additions to the estate.
The generous downstairs area includes a fully fitted kitchen with an American fridge, a dining room with pine tables and chairs and a spacious summer salon – leading to a barbecue space – dominated by a wooden mezzanine with views of the beautiful fields.
This well-executed mix of old and new continues into the bedrooms, which are situated in two wings. They are nicely proportioned and unobtrusive. One has armchairs in front of a fireplace, and others have their original wooden floors. All of the bedrooms have white walls and a lot of natural light.
The main house has recently been completely restored and sleeps twelve in two separate wings. The generous downstairs space includes a magnificent salon with mezzanine balcony which opens onto the swimming pool.
- Fully fitted kitchen with an American fridge.
- Large dining room with wood burning fire.
- Substantial sitting room with open fire.
- Summer salon and mezzanine balcony, which look out to a 12 metre swimming pool.
- 1 large master bedroom with double bed and en-suite bathroom.
- 3 bedrooms with twin beds and a wash basin that share a bathroom.
- 1 bedroom with twin beds and an en-suite shower.
- 2 large bedroom with double bed, a wash basin and access to a downstairs bathroom, also used for the swimming pool.
The lodge is a barn conversion located just below the pool, a few a steps from the main house. From the terrace there are splendid views with the Pyrenees visible in certain conditions.
- Fully fitted kitchen in an open plan dining/sitting area.
- Two bedrooms with ensuite showers.
- 1 twin bedded room.
- 1 double bedroom.
- Under floor heating.
- The house is set in five acres of landscaped grounds with a garden at the front.
- The swimming pool is situated outside the summer salon with views to the south and west. The pool is protected by an electric cover.
- An all-weather tennis court is situated just up from the swimming pool.
- Large barbecue area with lovely views (gas fired barbecue).
- Pool, table tennis and table football in the summer salon.
- Utility room with washing machine and tumble dryer.
- Downstairs loo.
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible for wheelchairs.
- UK TV.
- Broadband wireless internet.
- Mobile reception.
- Oil fired central heating.
- Open fire / wood burner.
- Fully serviced, including fresh linen and towels.
- Cooked meals available.
- Golf, horse-riding and other activities nearby.
- Within easy reach of several airports.
- Restaurant nearby.
- Shop within 3 miles.
- English spoken by host.
Aranton Farmhouse is situated in the heart of the beautiful Gascony countryside, surrounded by old bastide towns.
Using Aranton as your base, you will find lots to do in the local area.
- Food: The region is renowned for food, particularly foie gras and speciality duck dishes.
- Wine and Armagnac: Aranton is located in the main region for Armagnac, so there are plenty of opportunities for wine and Armganac tasting at excellent local vineyards.
- Walking: Guests will find fantastic walking in the beautiful countryside around the farmhouse, and there are many old bastide villages to explore. Larressingle, Fources, Montreal and Condom are close by.
- Sports: Golf, tennis, horse-riding, pelote (a traditional Basque racket game) and fishing are all within easy reach.
- Culture: The local area is rich in chateaux, antique fairs, jazz and classical music and there are a variety of local fetes in the summer months.
- Shopping: All the main services are less than ten minutes by car. Bordeaux and the Pyrenees are about a two hours' drive. There are markets each day of the week in local towns, including:
- Fleurance - Tuesday
- Condom - Wednesday
- Eauze - Thursday
- Lectoure - Friday
- Nerac - Saturday
- Gondrin – Sunday
You will need a car for the duration of your stay.
There are various ways to reach Aranton Farmhouse:
- By road: approximately 10 hours drive from Calais.
- By plane/drive: Flights to Bordeaux, Toulouse, Pau or Perigueux.
- By train/drive: TGV Trains to Agen.
This villa does not have any reviews but the agent has 2 reviews for their other properties.
This villa is:
Outside this villa in Béraut, the South of FranceThis villa has a pool, a tennis court and a children pool.
Prices and availability
Updated 18 October 2017
Select your travel dates on the calendar
Changeover days and minimum stays
- 1 September 2017 - 2 January 2018: the minimum stay is 2 nights.
- 6 January 2018 - 1 January 2019: the minimum stay is 2 nights.
- 5 January 2019 - 4 January 2025: the minimum stay is 2 nights.
Refundable Breakage Deposit
£1,000.00 per booking, paid locally
8 bedrooms, Sleeps 16
DVD/Blu-ray player, Internet / WiFi
Central heating, Open fire, Car hire optional