The Little Village House
Villa with 1 bedroom and 1 bathroom in Baigneux-les-Juifs, France
From £524 per week
Villa to rent in Baigneux-les-Juifs, France
Share this holiday home
Villa overview - owner's description
This delightful, newly restored village house offers a comfortable and romantic bolthole in a small historic village with a population of just 245 in the heart of Burgundy's spectacular Cote d'Or. Guests can enjoy a leisurely stroll to the village to buy fresh bread and supplies.
The Little Village House is a light, bright home over two levels, which has been renovated and furnished to the owner's high standards with plenty of personal and homely touches.
A little private haven and charming one-up-one-down village house full of character; downstairs a lovely open plan living-dining-kitchen space; upstairs a spacious and stylish double bedroom with beautiful en-suite shower room. An old staircase twists its way between the two.
Outside, there is a private courtyard with sunny terrace perfect for eating alfresco and a spacious grassy area for whiling away in the sunshine. There is also a barbecue.
The friendly owners live in the area and are nearly always available to assist in providing information on all the local attractions and arrange private wine tastings nearby. They can also arrange extra services such as a shopping service to make your arrival pain free, as well as home-cooked meals and bespoke menus (please enquire regarding details and prices for additional services).
The Little Village House is a perfect base for exploring the region: this beautiful part of Burgundy has several historical sites, stunning landscapes, lively local markets and of course, wine tasting opportunities all just a short drive away. Be sure to visit the beautiful and charming hilltop village of Flavigny sur Ozerain, where the film 'Chocolat' starring Juliette Binoche and Johnny Depp was filmed, which is only 15 minutes away.
- Open plan living and dining room with comfortable sofa, armchairs, TV, DVD player, books, decorative fireplace and dining table with 4 chairs (access to terrace)
- Modern kitchen fully equipped with oven, stove, hob, fridge/freezer, coffee machine, microwave, dishwasher and washing machine (access to terrace)
- Master bedroom with a large double bed (180x200cm), en-suite shower room with extra large shower, wash basin and WC (views overl the private courtyard and terrace)
Note: a baby cot or a fold-away single bed for a child can be added on request.
- Courtyard with dining terrace and table for 2 guests
- Lawned garden with comfortable furniture and barbecue
- Off road parking
- UK free to air TV
- DVD player
- Decorative fireplace
The Little Village House is in a highly convenient location for the discovery of all the main attractions of magnificent Cote D'Or in Burgundy.
The charming village of Baigneux-les-Juifs hosts all the essential amenities including a bakery, shop and bar making the daily croissant run each morning an absolute delight!
The village of Flavigny-sur-Ozerain is a must-see hilltop delight famed for the film 'Chocolat' starring Juliette Binoche and Johnny Depp. Listed as one of the most beautiful villages in France, it enjoys a quintessential French charm and is just 15 minutes away.
Further afield, less than 30 minutes away, you will reach the town of Venarey les Laumes which has larger supermarkets, a wider choice of restaurants, a cinema, sports centre and also a lovely golf course.
The historic town of Semur-en-Auxois has historic ramparts and medieval architecture, including the 13th Century Abbaye de Fontenay which is a famous UNESCO sight. Similarly, the Canal de Bourgogne is great for walking.
The famous city of Dijon, full of history and culture, is a great day out with architecture designed by the notable Mr Eiffel. One cannot enter Burgundy without a trip to Beaune, the capital of Burgundy's wine industry. Enjoy a wine tasting and tour!
The surroundings also offer plenty of activities for the little ones such as the Nigloland theme park, the zoo at the Parc de L'Auxois, a swimming pool complex in Montbard, horseback riding, bike hiring, boat trip and a lot more.
This villa does not have any reviews but the agent has 10 reviews for their other properties.
This villa is:
Outside this villa in Baigneux-les-Juifs, FranceThis villa has a barbecue.
Prices and availability
Updated 18 June 2019
- Your booking
- Available start/end date
Select your travel dates on the calendar
Changeover days and minimum stays
- 19 June - 27 September 2019: changeover day is Saturday and the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 28 September - 20 December 2019: changeover day is Saturday and the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 21 December 2019 - 3 January 2020: changeover day is Saturday and the minimum stay is 5 nights.
- 4 January - 27 March 2020: changeover day is Saturday and the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 28 March - 25 September 2020: changeover day is Saturday and the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 26 September - 18 December 2020: changeover day is Saturday and the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 19 December 2020 - 1 January 2021: changeover day is Saturday and the minimum stay is 5 nights.
- 2 January - 26 March 2021: changeover day is Saturday and the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 27 March - 24 September 2021: changeover day is Saturday and the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 25 September - 17 December 2021: changeover day is Saturday and the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 18 December 2021 - 18 June 2022: changeover day is Saturday and the minimum stay is 5 nights.
Refundable Breakage Deposit
£896.56 per booking, paid locally
1 ensuite bedroom, Sleeps 2
1 bathroom including 1 en suite
DVD/Blu-ray player, Internet / WiFi, Satellite / cable
Agency From London, United Kingdom Member since Apr 2015
Past bookings: 27 bookings
Response rate: 93%
Response time: within 22 hours
Last seen: 16 hours ago
Number of properties: over 1,000