Chateau with 11 bedrooms, 6 bathrooms and swimming pool in Bagat-en-Quercy, the South of France
Booking cost: £0.00
Pay onlybooking deposit
From £4,030 per week
Chateau to rent in Bagat-en-Quercy, the South of France
Chateau overview - owner's description
The old bones of this 14th century chateau in Midi-Pyrenees stand proudly on an hectare of green parkland.
The old bones of this 14th century chateau in Midi-Pyrenees stand proudly on an hectare of green parkland. With sweeping views over the surrounding territory (known for sunflower and wine production), your guests will commune with this countryside on the edge of the Dordogne. Inside, simple furnishings let the chateau's character shine; stone walls, well-loved brick fireplaces, and mysterious spiral stairs suggest a storied past.
Up to 24 guests can spread out on the grounds here - they'll especially love the swimming pool and barbecue area in the summertime. A separate apartment in the chateau lends extra privacy for a large family - it features its own kitchen and living areas, and a dorm room with 5 twin beds for the kids.
The nearest town to your holiday chateau is Tournon (7 km), a 15th century city sitting beside the Rhone. Wineries are located throughout the town and surrounding region - across the river is Tain l'Hermitage, the birthplace of Syrah. You may fly in through Bergerac (60 km), a hub of wine-related commerce for the Dordogne (and certainly worth a pause on your way to the chateau!)
The chateau is suitable for rental for groups of up to 24 guests (11 bedrooms and 6 bathrooms).
On the ground floor is the living room with grand fireplace, a fully-equipped kitchen, a salon and a TV room. On the first floor there are 5 bedrooms: 3 doubles, a twin and a single. One of the doubles has a connecting living room. There are also 2 bathrooms. On the second floor there are 3 further bedrooms: a double, a triple (with double and single bed) and a twin. There is also a further full bathroom.
The chateau also has a self-contained apartment within it comprising a living room with fireplace, a kitchen, a double bedroom and a dormitory room (with low ceiling) with 5 single beds - ideal for children.
Outside there is a hectare of grounds full of fruit trees with a 14x7m gated swimming pool and a dining terrace with BBQ area.
1. Chambre Fleury: two single beds (90/200 cm).
2. Chambre Blanche: double bed (180/200 cm)
These two rooms (1 and 2) share the bathroom Chatelet
3. Sideroom: sofa bed . Chambre la Reine: double bed (180/200 cm)
5. Chambre Bibliotheque: double bed (1.60/2.00 cm) and two single beds (90/200 cm)
6. Chambre de la Tour (first floor): 2 single beds (2x 90/200 cm and 1x 80/190)
These rooms (3, 4, 5 and 6) share the bathroom Marie-Louise. It is also a possibility that room 3 and 4 uses the bathroom Chatelet or the bathroom downstairs.
7. Chambre Marie-Antoinette: double bed (180/200 cm)
This room (7) uses the bathroom Blue (bathroom ensuite)
8. Chambre de la Tour (second floor): 2 single beds ( 2x 90/200 cm)
9. Chambre Bleu: double bed (160/200 cm) and French bed (120/190).
These rooms (8 and 9) share the bathroom Gerard.
10. Chambre Douve (apartment): double bed (160/200 cm)
11. Dortoir (dormitory): 5x single beds (90/200 cm)
These rooms 10 and 11 share the bathroom Douve
There‘re four child's beds in the castle. They're removable.
Please note the self-contained apartment is not available for 2017 bookings.
The nearest airport is Bergeracc (80 km). Alternatively guests can fly into Toulouse (125km). The nearest towns are Tournon (8km) and Montcuq (15km). Cahors is just 25km away.
Local markets can be found on each day of the week within a reasonable drive of the chateau in all directions. The Sunday market of Montcuq is the best. Tennis facilities are within 3km of the chateau, and an 18-hole golf course can be found just 10km away.
The Oliver's Concierge Team is available to help you arrange any of those little extras that can really make the difference. For example:
- Maid service/extra cleaning
- Private chef/cook/catering
- Welcome hamper/pre-stocked fridge
- Local day-trips or tours
- Airport transfers
- Babysitting/childcare services
Simply fill in the concierge request form or contact the Oliver's Concierge Team.
Extras available at this property:
- Catering and local private cook hire are available at the chateau by local catering companies (traiteurs) and prices are on request.
- Maid service is also available and costs €15 per hour.
Please note that all services are subject to availability and must be requested in advance and that due to some rural/remote locations, not all services will be available at all properties. Prices are on request.
We will always do our best to fulfil your requests!
This chateau does not have any reviews but the agent has 1 review for their other properties.
This chateau is:
Outside this chateau in Bagat-en-Quercy, the South of FranceThis chateau has a pool.
Prices and availability
Updated 17 August 2017
Select your travel dates on the calendar
Changeover days and minimum stays
- 1 July - 31 August 2017: the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 1 September 2017 - 29 June 2018: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 30 June - 30 August 2018: the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 31 August 2018 - 28 June 2019: the minimum stay is 3 nights.
- 29 June - 29 August 2019: the minimum stay is 7 nights.
Refundable Breakage Deposit
£912.58 per booking, paid locally
11 bedrooms, Sleeps 24
DVD/Blu-ray player, Internet / WiFi, TV, Satellite / cable
Open fire, Car hire optional