A sensitively restored Languedoc farmhouse for 6. (Plus another for 4 more guests.) Glorious Pyrenees views. Large shared swimming pool. 7 acres of grounds.
LoustalNeuf (“the new house” in the local patois) has a double and a quad bedroom, and masses of space. It has its own walled garden and shaded outside dining area, and is separated from the next-door property by 6 foot thick stone walls. It's very private, but also has access to the 7 acres of grounds shared with the other two houses on the Domaine and the shared swimming pool.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE "SLEEPING" SECTION BELOW IS WRONG. THE 2nd BEDROOM IS NOT A TWIN IT IS A VERY SPACIOUS QUAD-BEDDED ROOM WITH FOUR PROPER BEDS. (This is because the people who run this site have not thought of the possibility of a four-bedded room. One day they might get it right!). Tell us, and we can also provide another bed or cot.
The house has been virtually rebuilt, with new outside walls and a new roof we have entirely remodelled the inside to maintain as many local features as possible, but with space and convenience undreamt of when it was built 140 years ago.
It is a big house, with spacious accommodation and all the facilities for up to six people to enjoy real comfort, and to savour the glorious views over the large, shared pool and the surrounding hills towards the Pyrenees on the southern horizon.
· Private garden and shaded outdoor dining/barbecue area
· Large open-plan sitting, dining and kitchen area with TV and DVD player
· A sensitive blend of modern furniture for functionality, and hand-picked traditional Languedoc, Cathar and Catalan pieces to add style and atmosphere
· Fully equipped modern kitchen with dishwasher, fridge/freezer, microwave, double sink, electric oven, and gas hob
· Ceramic flooring throughout, with underfloor heating
· One big double bedroom with en-suite shower room and wc
· One spacious QUAD bedroom, also with en-suite bathroom and wc
· Central heating and a log-burning stove to take the chill off spring and autumn evenings
· Separate downstairs w.c.
· Separate utility area with washing machine
NOTE: 1 double and 1 QUAD bedroom, both with ensuite facilities.
We came all the way from Pasadena California to stay at Le Domaine and the trip was completely worth the effort. The property and accommodations exuded peace and quiet, which is just what we were looking for. The property was very clean and and provided more than enough space for our family of four. The hosts were wonderful attentive but not intrusive. Our only problem was to decide whether to just stay and decompress on the property, or to take a day trip to one of the many enchanting medieval ruins, towns etc... in the area. We should have stayed for two weeks instead!!!
We were pleasantly surprised because we booked in a hurry. Julian and Nigel were helpful
It is the second time we have stayed at Domaine de loustaviel and it wont be the last. The mixture of sunshine, good beds, wonderful views and welcoming hosts is second to non. You can simply relax around the pool and enjoy a meal cooked by your hosts or if you prefer there are many interesting and enjoyable days out only a short drive away. Brilliant for our Children and their Grandparents who all enjoyed their week in the sun.
The only thing that bothered us by the end were the flies!